Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I am the newest official NOW Jade bride- may 17,  2014! Can't wait!! 

 

Does anyone have any advice on ceremony locations. I am thinking either the beach or the pergola. Does anyone have advice on this? Also, we were thinking of doing the reception at Castaways. I read on the Now Jade info that you can't have music in a restaurant? Does anyone know anything about this? Does Castaways allow a DJ for the reception? Dancing is a must!!

 

Thanks ladies,

 

Mandy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Mandy! I'd definitely visit here:

 

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/t/78683/official-now-jade-wedding-thread

 

You will find tons of info on Now Jade! 

 

By the way, we are having our reception at Castaways and plan on having a DJ.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice Shannon!

 

Thanks a bunch. I am working with Destinationweddings and the travel agent I am working with recommended Castaways as well so I think that is what we are going with. She wasn't sure about the DJ part, so thanks for letting me know. Do you have any insight on whether to do a ceremony on the beach or at the pergola? I really like both settings. I originally wanted to do the beach, but I was told the beach is a little rocky and everyone would need to wear shoes (might be kind of hard to walk on the beach in heels!).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by superlawyer87 View Post

 

Nice Shannon!

 

Thanks a bunch. I am working with Destinationweddings and the travel agent I am working with recommended Castaways as well so I think that is what we are going with. She wasn't sure about the DJ part, so thanks for letting me know. Do you have any insight on whether to do a ceremony on the beach or at the pergola? I really like both settings. I originally wanted to do the beach, but I was told the beach is a little rocky and everyone would need to wear shoes (might be kind of hard to walk on the beach in heels!).

I chose the Pergola.. It's kinda what sold me on the resort, I just fell in love with it. I really want to wear heels and couldn't imagine wearing heels in the sand. The Pergola is awesome in my opinion. You get the beautiful backdrop of the ocean with out all the sand :-) I haven't been there yet, so I can't comment on the beach being rocky, although I have read that in a few reviews, I have also read that they do a great job trying to keep up on it. I haven't heard much on Castaways, I kinda liked the idea that it's partially outside, but covered in case it rains. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shannon,

 

That makes me feel so much better! I had the exact same thoughts. I always saw myself having a wedding on the beach, but there is still the beautiful backdrop of the water so the pictures should turn out awesome. I don't know very much about Castaways either, but the travel agent I'm working with highly recommended it. She said they do an awesome set up for the receptions. I can't wait!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I visited Now Jade last month and I fell in love with the Pergola too!  The view is fantastic and yeah, you can definitely rock them heels, ladies!  There was a wedding reception at Castaways while I was there as well and they had a DJ!  Castaways closes for dinner so I think you can have a DJ there since there won't be other hotel guests eating dinner there while you party the night away!  Good luck planning!  No matter what you choose, I'm sure it will be so beautiful and fun!!!!
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Superlawyer87 and Shannonmarie,

 

Congrats on your upcoming weddings!!!

 

We just finished a gorgeous wedding story at the Now Jade and I had to share it with you because this couple said yes to the Pergola and the Castaways Restaurant:

 

600

 

600

 

600

 

600

 

600

 

600

 

For more inspiration and ideas, check out their full slideshow here: http://delsolphotography.com/blog/content/galleries/?gal=860

 

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.


Best wishes!

 

 

Originally Posted by superlawyer87 View Post

Shannon,

 

That makes me feel so much better! I had the exact same thoughts. I always saw myself having a wedding on the beach, but there is still the beautiful backdrop of the water so the pictures should turn out awesome. I don't know very much about Castaways either, but the travel agent I'm working with highly recommended it. She said they do an awesome set up for the receptions. I can't wait!

 

 

Originally Posted by shannonmarie View Post

I chose the Pergola.. It's kinda what sold me on the resort, I just fell in love with it. I really want to wear heels and couldn't imagine wearing heels in the sand. The Pergola is awesome in my opinion. You get the beautiful backdrop of the ocean with out all the sand :-) I haven't been there yet, so I can't comment on the beach being rocky, although I have read that in a few reviews, I have also read that they do a great job trying to keep up on it. I haven't heard much on Castaways, I kinda liked the idea that it's partially outside, but covered in case it rains. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

so beautiful!  those are some amazing pics! 

 

Originally Posted by Matt Adcock View Post

Hi Superlawyer87 and Shannonmarie,

 

Congrats on your upcoming weddings!!!

 

We just finished a gorgeous wedding story at the Now Jade and I had to share it with you because this couple said yes to the Pergola and the Castaways Restaurant:

 

600

 

600

 

600

 

600

 

600

 

600

 

For more inspiration and ideas, check out their full slideshow here: http://delsolphotography.com/blog/content/galleries/?gal=860

 

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.


Best wishes!

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Snoopy129 View Post

 

so beautiful!  those are some amazing pics! 

 

 

Thanks Snoopy129!!!!!!!

 

How are your plans shaping up?

 

If you have some extra time, check out these recent Now Jade galleries for even more inspiration:

 

Michelle + Gerald - Photos by Juan Jose (love the bubble guns)

Zona + Kevin - Photos by Melissa (amazing colors and details)

Ling + Tony - Photos by Sol (super fun and unique)

 

Wish you the absolute best!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you so very much for sharing those photos Matt! It's so nice looking at other weddings at Now Jade. Your work is truly amazing! I wish you were in our budget, you do a wonderful job, I could look at your work all day!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • Looking for the best venue for wedding and Wedding related events Book the best Banquet Hall in West Delhi - Symphony Banquets. For all types of Social as well as corporate events with In-House Catering service and luxurious ambiance to make every event a memorable one.  
    • Hundreds of years before, the basic jewellery were made out of seashells and bone, trees and animal skin. In the ancient times, the Egyptian jewellery first came into existence. Egyptian culture inhabited technology, gemstones, and precious metals early in comparison to other places. They were inspired by the culture of royalty and aristocracy which led to thinking noble like having a deep appreciation for luxury. This made them create impactful jewellery and leading trends. Copper was the first metal that came into existence through which we as humans got so many jewellery items.  However, the major focus on jewellery came when they discovered gold. This allowed the Egyptian to rule as the first jewellery maker. The ancient Egyptians valued adornment and were worn by both men and women.  Material and metals: The plethora of material which was used in the making of this Egyptian jewellery was basically gold and silver. Egyptian has mostly attracted towards gold and the availability of silver was less in Egypt as compared to any other place. The colour variation was due to the mixing of elements such as alloys like copper, iron, silver into gold.  Charm jewellery: It was then also an interesting concept to have charms in necklaces, bracelets and other jewellery items. It’s just they were made up of stones and precious or semi-precious jewellery. In this picture above the necklace is adorned with precious stones in different charms shapes. Gem and stones: The more royal pieces of Egyptian jewellery were adorned with the precious jewellery items. The gemstones were semi-precious stones, precious stones are other various gems. The most prized stone were lapis lazuli, rock crystal, and pearls. Emeralds were also found in these jewellery pieces. These were made from ground quartz and then molded into expensive gemstones. They are also used as charm jewellery when molded or carved in different shapes.
    • Congratulations! Where you are you getting married? 
    • It’s my wedding five months from now and we badly need ideas because everyone’s mind is not working right now and I, as the bride, cannot even think of what I really want to have on my wedding day. I want something simple yet unique. Something that suits for Colombian women and bride. Can you help me out with this? Thanks! I will really appreciate your comments!
    • I know it is really tough job to get everything at best cost. I would like to suggest to contact local wedding planner or decorators to get the quotes. It will take some time but by comparing different quotes you will get the best package.
  • Topics

×