I am the newest official NOW Jade bride- may 17,  2014! Can't wait!! 

Does anyone have any advice on ceremony locations. I am thinking either the beach or the pergola. Does anyone have advice on this? Also, we were thinking of doing the reception at Castaways. I read on the Now Jade info that you can't have music in a restaurant? Does anyone know anything about this? Does Castaways allow a DJ for the reception? Dancing is a must!!

Thanks ladies,

Mandy

Nice Shannon!

Thanks a bunch. I am working with Destinationweddings and the travel agent I am working with recommended Castaways as well so I think that is what we are going with. She wasn't sure about the DJ part, so thanks for letting me know. Do you have any insight on whether to do a ceremony on the beach or at the pergola? I really like both settings. I originally wanted to do the beach, but I was told the beach is a little rocky and everyone would need to wear shoes (might be kind of hard to walk on the beach in heels!).

Originally Posted by superlawyer87 View Post

Nice Shannon!

Thanks a bunch. I am working with Destinationweddings and the travel agent I am working with recommended Castaways as well so I think that is what we are going with. She wasn't sure about the DJ part, so thanks for letting me know. Do you have any insight on whether to do a ceremony on the beach or at the pergola? I really like both settings. I originally wanted to do the beach, but I was told the beach is a little rocky and everyone would need to wear shoes (might be kind of hard to walk on the beach in heels!).

I chose the Pergola.. It's kinda what sold me on the resort, I just fell in love with it. I really want to wear heels and couldn't imagine wearing heels in the sand. The Pergola is awesome in my opinion. You get the beautiful backdrop of the ocean with out all the sand :-) I haven't been there yet, so I can't comment on the beach being rocky, although I have read that in a few reviews, I have also read that they do a great job trying to keep up on it. I haven't heard much on Castaways, I kinda liked the idea that it's partially outside, but covered in case it rains. 

Shannon,

That makes me feel so much better! I had the exact same thoughts. I always saw myself having a wedding on the beach, but there is still the beautiful backdrop of the water so the pictures should turn out awesome. I don't know very much about Castaways either, but the travel agent I'm working with highly recommended it. She said they do an awesome set up for the receptions. I can't wait!

I visited Now Jade last month and I fell in love with the Pergola too!  The view is fantastic and yeah, you can definitely rock them heels, ladies!  There was a wedding reception at Castaways while I was there as well and they had a DJ!  Castaways closes for dinner so I think you can have a DJ there since there won't be other hotel guests eating dinner there while you party the night away!  Good luck planning!  No matter what you choose, I'm sure it will be so beautiful and fun!!!!

Hi Superlawyer87 and Shannonmarie,

Congrats on your upcoming weddings!!!

We just finished a gorgeous wedding story at the Now Jade and I had to share it with you because this couple said yes to the Pergola and the Castaways Restaurant:

For more inspiration and ideas, check out their full slideshow here: http://delsolphotography.com/blog/content/galleries/?gal=860

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Best wishes!

Originally Posted by superlawyer87 View Post

Shannon,

That makes me feel so much better! I had the exact same thoughts. I always saw myself having a wedding on the beach, but there is still the beautiful backdrop of the water so the pictures should turn out awesome. I don't know very much about Castaways either, but the travel agent I'm working with highly recommended it. She said they do an awesome set up for the receptions. I can't wait!

Originally Posted by shannonmarie View Post

I chose the Pergola.. It's kinda what sold me on the resort, I just fell in love with it. I really want to wear heels and couldn't imagine wearing heels in the sand. The Pergola is awesome in my opinion. You get the beautiful backdrop of the ocean with out all the sand :-) I haven't been there yet, so I can't comment on the beach being rocky, although I have read that in a few reviews, I have also read that they do a great job trying to keep up on it. I haven't heard much on Castaways, I kinda liked the idea that it's partially outside, but covered in case it rains. 

so beautiful!  those are some amazing pics! 

Originally Posted by Matt Adcock View Post

Hi Superlawyer87 and Shannonmarie,

Congrats on your upcoming weddings!!!

We just finished a gorgeous wedding story at the Now Jade and I had to share it with you because this couple said yes to the Pergola and the Castaways Restaurant:

For more inspiration and ideas, check out their full slideshow here: http://delsolphotography.com/blog/content/galleries/?gal=860

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Best wishes!

Originally Posted by Snoopy129 View Post

so beautiful!  those are some amazing pics! 

Thanks Snoopy129!!!!!!!

How are your plans shaping up?

If you have some extra time, check out these recent Now Jade galleries for even more inspiration:

Michelle + Gerald - Photos by Juan Jose (love the bubble guns)

Zona + Kevin - Photos by Melissa (amazing colors and details)

Ling + Tony - Photos by Sol (super fun and unique)

Wish you the absolute best!!

Thank you so very much for sharing those photos Matt! It's so nice looking at other weddings at Now Jade. Your work is truly amazing! I wish you were in our budget, you do a wonderful job, I could look at your work all day!!