Photo

Cancun Wedding

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 grantra1

grantra1
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 03:55 PM

Hi, I am looking to get married in Cancun, Isla Mujeres, or the Riviera Maya area of Mexico. I was looking for a small all inclusive hotel (approx. 50 rooms) that I could entirely rent out. I want to be married overlooking the ocean, but don't want to deal with the sand in a beach wedding. I've been avoiding mega resorts, but the wedding gazebo location of Dreams Cancun looks almost perfect (not a fan of the adult pool nearby). Anybody know of any other gazebos or grassy areas overlooking the ocean that are private (don't want people hanging out in their bathing suits and watching my wedding).

thanks!
    RG

#2 TammyB

TammyB
    • 10,630 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 03:57 PM

welcome to the forum, we have a great group of people on here that I'm sure will be able to help you

#3 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 10,366 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 03:58 PM

welcome to the forum!

#4 Spazz

Spazz
        • VIP Member
        • 10,482 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 03:59 PM

I'm not familiar with your location, but wanted to say anyway! Happy planning!!!

#5 Sharonie

Sharonie
          • 557 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 04:02 PM

to the forum! There are lots of ladies getting married in Mexico I am sure you'll get all of your questions answered.

#6 IrieBride08

IrieBride08
            • 716 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 04:03 PM

and happy planning!

#7 Chiquita

Chiquita
              • 2,674 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 04:53 PM

Congrats and welcome to the forum.. I'm sure someone can answer your question :)

#8 2bwilliams

2bwilliams
                • 6 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 09:18 PM

Congrats and welcome,

I went to a travel agent and was given tons of books. She mentioned a resort that we could rent out with 40 rooms, I don't know the name but it was a nudist resort. But obviously if you rent it out you could change that. Be careful I just received info from Dreams where I was looking and there almost $700 in fees for translation of documents, blood test @ $300 etc. Also, for it to be a legal wedding in Mexico the ceremony must be in spanish with a judge translating into English.

Good Luck!
                  Jen 2 b Williams

#9 JanaBrooke

JanaBrooke
                  • 82 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 11:41 PM

Welcome to the forum!

#10 jlink78

jlink78
                    • 207 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 08:40 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by 2bwilliams
                      Congrats and welcome,

I went to a travel agent and was given tons of books. She mentioned a resort that we could rent out with 40 rooms, I don't know the name but it was a nudist resort. But obviously if you rent it out you could change that. Be careful I just received info from Dreams where I was looking and there almost $700 in fees for translation of documents, blood test @ $300 etc. Also, for it to be a legal wedding in Mexico the ceremony must be in spanish with a judge translating into English.

Good Luck!
                      I'm pretty sure these fees are for anywhere in Mexico but I could be wrong. That's why a lot of us Mexico brides are choosing to get married legally at home before heading down to our weddings. Dreams can do an English ceremony though I triple confirmed it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users