Riu Palace Los Cabos 2013

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#11 sophieamanda

sophieamanda
  • 25 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by RNtoBe 

Finally a new Riu Palace thread! I am getting married May 22, 2013! 

Wedding Coordinator: Kylene- who has not returned my emails but Margarita the manager has 

Ceremony: Gazebo

I am getting anxious to book the Baja Norte for the reception area because there are 3 other weddings the same day!! 

Photographer: I am bringing a local photographer with us

Videographer: Angel Zapien

Dress & BM dresses: done! I just need to have mine altered, I'm waiting till April to do this

Mens attire: Just starting to look at spring stuff

Hair & Makeup: Suzanne Morel booked!

I am bringing chair sashes, cloth napkins, favours, candles, fans etc

We will be having a dj, I don't want to have to worry about music- one less stress! 

Can't wait to hear from others!

How did you find out there are 3 other weddings that day? That is what worries me about not being able to book the reception until 2 months before the wedding as well!

Also, if anyone is interested, I spoke with the florist and found out that they can do provide the service of setting up the chuppah/huppa (whatever it is called) for you if you are having a beach wedding, at a cost starting at $350 (pretty steep!)

#12 MrsMoye

MrsMoye
    • 152 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 04:12 PM

WOW...that is pretty steep. So what do you get of you don't purchase a huppa? How did you find out there are 3 other weddings that day? That is what worries me about not being able to book the reception until 2 months before the wedding as well! Also, if anyone is interested, I spoke with the florist and found out that they can do provide the service of setting up the chuppah/huppa (whatever it is called) for you if you are having a beach wedding, at a cost starting at $350 (pretty steep!)

#13 Ash984

Ash984
      • 6 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:13 PM

Hi ladies! I am getting married in November 2013 at Riu Palace Cabo. Does anyone know if they are flexible with ceremony times? I have booked a 2pm ceremony but feel that it will be a bit too early as our reception will be around 630pm. A 3pm ceremony would be perfect for us!

#14 Ash984

Ash984
        • 6 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:16 PM

Hello ladies!

I am getting married in November at Riu Palace in Cabo. Does anybody know if they are flexible at all with their ceremony times? I booked a 2pm ceremony but feel that this may be a bit too early as our reception will be around 630pm. A 3pm ceremony would be perfect for us! Thanks :)

#15 RNtoBe

RNtoBe
          • 255 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by sophieamanda 

How did you find out there are 3 other weddings that day? That is what worries me about not being able to book the reception until 2 months before the wedding as well!

Also, if anyone is interested, I spoke with the florist and found out that they can do provide the service of setting up the chuppah/huppa (whatever it is called) for you if you are having a beach wedding, at a cost starting at $350 (pretty steep!)

Go to the riu website where you originally booked your wedding. It will tell you what time slots are available that day. 

#16 Shayt2412

Shayt2412
            • 20 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 07:28 PM

I'm also getting married at 2pm (October 19) and have emailed several times asking for a later start time but still havent received a reply.

#17 sophieamanda

sophieamanda
              • 25 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 10:50 AM

I was happy with the contact with Kylene my WC at first, but lately she has not been replying to emails. I emailed to ask if sky lanterns were allowed to be released at the Riu, as I know some hotels have policies against this. It's been a couple months and a couple emails but still no reply. I only need to know in advance because I am ordering the lanterns online... Anyone know if they allow it?

@shayt2412, can you request a change through the Riu website? Then the wedding staff (not WC) might contact you after receiving your request.

My wedding is only 3 months away, starting to feel the pressure and excitement!

#18 Houstonnlh

Houstonnlh
                • 116 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:05 PM

They told me that sky lanterns are not allowed at the RIU...hope this helps.

#19 sophieamanda

sophieamanda
                  • 25 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 06:12 PM

Thanks Houstonnlh! Please let us know how your wedding went (I believe it is/was sometime in May...?)

Jatziri is not my WC for some reason... I am stoked about that though - she has been great in answering my questions!

Not for the hardest part.. to figure out the reception location. Baja Norte or Steakhouse? I love the fact that the Baja Norte can be really personalized and you can have your first dance right there, VS. having it on a set of 4x4's in the Steakhouse location. Any suggestions from past Riu brides or those with upcoming weddings?

#20 sophieamanda

sophieamanda
                    • 25 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 06:14 PM

Oops.. I meant to say Jatziri is NOW my WC...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users