1012 replies to this topic

#641 KatyM81

KatyM81
  • 35 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 17, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Moon Palace Golf and Spa Resort
  • LocationCancun, Mexico

Posted 28 May 2014 - 07:42 AM

We are getting married November 6, 2014 (5 months away!) She emailed me first after the deposit went through. She sent me an email to set up a phone call and it was just a quick introductory to what she'll be doing for you. I had a list of questions ready to go which I found helpful. After that she'll send you a huge email with a bunch of the vendors, moon palace booking info and a bunch of other stuff.

I'm hoping the communication will get better as we get closer and out of their busy season - I'll let you know!

Ah, okay. My deposit went through last week but I wonder if the delay is because my date is still so far out? I guess I'll give her a couple more weeks before contacting her :) This is great information though, thank you! I will for sure have a list of questions ready before I talk to her. Yes definitely let me know how your communication continues to go with her!

#642 smilenstacy

smilenstacy
  • 20 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 07:42 AM

What's the tipping etiquette for vendors and resort staff? Am I supposed to tip the photographer, videographer, wedding planner/coordinator, salon, etc.?

#643 shan0487

shan0487
    • 1,393 posts
    • Wedding Date:November 23, 2012
    • Wedding Location:Sun Palace & Moon Palace- Cancun, MX
    • LocationSt Louis, MO

Posted 28 May 2014 - 08:15 AM

At Moon I had Karen.  I only had my rehersal dinner on the Verando terrace at Moon and she was great- she added some decorations on the tables and I'm sure i I would have asked for colored napkins there she would have done it! :)

Just out of curiosity - who was your coordinator? I also wanted to do colored napkins for a pop of color and had been thinking of purchasing my own to bring, but if they provide them for free that's much better!!

Thank you! I might take you up on that later if we aren't getting the higher RSVP numbers that we are expecting... :)

#644 KatyM81

KatyM81
    • 35 posts
    • Wedding Date:April 17, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Moon Palace Golf and Spa Resort
    • LocationCancun, Mexico

Posted 28 May 2014 - 09:19 AM

At Moon I had Karen.  I only had my rehersal dinner on the Verando terrace at Moon and she was great- she added some decorations on the tables and I'm sure i I would have asked for colored napkins there she would have done it! :)

Very good to know! Thanks again!

#645 Juliebeth

Juliebeth
    • 54 posts
    • Wedding Date:June 20, 2014

Posted 28 May 2014 - 05:39 PM

Wedding day is June 20th...Time is getting close! I just found out my on-site coordinator is Mariam. Any past brides on here that had her or any brides working with her now??

#646 KirstyWass

KirstyWass
    • 13 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 02:50 AM

What package is everyone going with I'm in 2 mind wether to just go with the complimentary anyone got any pictures of complimentary package? Also I need photographer/ videographer any recommendations would be hugely appreciated??
      Thanks in advance
      Kirsty x

#647 77giantsgirl

77giantsgirl
      • 3 posts
      • Wedding Date:June 24, 2014
      • Wedding Location:Moon Palace Cancun
      • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 02 June 2014 - 03:48 AM

Attention MP Brides! My Fiancee and I are eloping to MP June 20th-27th, but we aren't taking friends or family, just US. I am excited but sad at the same time...we also are just doing the basic complimentary ceremony, because it seemed silly to spend so much just to show off for us.  I was hoping to find someone (not a professional) who could attend the wedding and just take some candid shots of the ceremony for me...anyone interested?

#648 shellsal

shellsal
      • 53 posts
      • Wedding Date:August 30, 2014
      • Wedding Location:Moon Palace
      • LocationNew York

Posted 04 June 2014 - 01:01 PM

So, I am having a mini bride melt down. Our wedding is less than 90 days away and i feel like my offsite coordinator has not been helpful at all. I am starting to regret having booked my wedding at Moon Palace. I'm scared of what is going to happen on my wedding day if it takes a month for their off site coordinator to answer an email with a very simple question.  :wacko:

#649 jackielemman

jackielemman
      • 228 posts
      • Wedding Date:October 12, 2014
      • Wedding Location:Moon Palace, Cancun
      • LocationCancun, Mexico

Posted 04 June 2014 - 01:48 PM

@shellsal

Have you tried calling your offsite coordinator? That might be your next step.

Hopefully you will hear from her soon! Wishing you luck! It takes well over a week for my WC to return emails right now too. I just call and get my question answered by the wedding department. They all can usually answer the simple questions. 

#650 KirstyWass

KirstyWass
      • 13 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 03:59 AM

So, I am having a mini bride melt down. Our wedding is less than 90 days away and i feel like my offsite coordinator has not been helpful at all. I am starting to regret having booked my wedding at Moon Palace. I'm scared of what is going to happen on my wedding day if it takes a month for their off site coordinator to answer an email with a very simple question. :wacko:

My wedding July 18th and I'm having the same problem. I feel like it's 1 step forward 2 steps back. They only answer the questions they wish to answer. We haven't got the location we wished for we have been given an awful ballroom. Who is your offsite?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users