Photo

Moon Palace- 2014

• Please log in to reply
1012 replies to this topic

#471 Britt

Britt
  • 97 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 07:53 AM

Hey all! I am new to this site... my fiancee and I just booked our trip to MP for 6/20-6/27 with a destination wedding in the works for 6/24. We signed the contract yesterday! I am SUPER excited, and can not wait to go! Just wanted to say hello! 

We are going with the complimentary package... we are eloping and its just the 2 of us, so I really didn't see the need in going all out and spending a fortune. I do want to get some really good pictures though, hopefully we can find something that will be reasonably priced. :)

Hope to chat with my other June MP brides soon! You can email me at 77giantsgirl@gmail.com 

Congratulations! I went with Del Sol Photography and they are amazing! They also do amazing trash the dress sessions if you were thinking about that! Check them out, they were so great to deal with!

#472 77giantsgirl

77giantsgirl
    • 3 posts
    • Wedding Date:June 24, 2014
    • Wedding Location:Moon Palace Cancun
    • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 10 February 2014 - 07:55 AM

Thanks for the info!! :) 

#473 shellsal

shellsal
    • 53 posts
    • Wedding Date:August 30, 2014
    • Wedding Location:Moon Palace
    • LocationNew York

Posted 11 February 2014 - 08:38 AM

Thank you Britt! Your review and pictures are very helpful! You looked beautiful on your wedding day and i'm glad you were happy with it!

We have just decided to have our wedding at Moon Palace at the end of August 2014 and i'm super excited and nervous !

#474 MBK

MBK
    • 28 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 10:45 AM

Ladies, I have a question about the beach at Moon Palace. I went to MP for a site inspection and loved it in every way. However, when we were there we didn't go down to the beach to check it out, as we are not having our ceremony on the sand and thus it didn't cross our minds at the time. Now that we are ready to sign the paperwork to secure a date I started to think and realized that the beach is an important factor as our guests would enjoy spending their days there. So before I sign the paperwork I wanted to check in with you and see how big of a deal the beach was to you and your guests? Were people still swimming in the water and if so were they enjoying themselves? Is it worth foregoing MP because of the beach? I am starting to consider the other Palace resorts for this reason, but would really love advice from those that experienced it first-hand. 

Thanks!

#475 beccafries

beccafries
      • 83 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 12:56 PM

Thank you Britt! Your review and pictures are very helpful! You looked beautiful on your wedding day and i'm glad you were happy with it!

We have just decided to have our wedding at Moon Palace at the end of August 2014 and i'm super excited and nervous !

Its Feb and they still had avail for Aug 2014...wow....Im surprised..

#476 shellsal

shellsal
        • 53 posts
        • Wedding Date:August 30, 2014
        • Wedding Location:Moon Palace
        • LocationNew York

Posted 12 February 2014 - 11:18 AM

Yeah, barely. I grabbed the last time slot available for that day. @beccafries

Edited by shellsal, 12 February 2014 - 11:18 AM.

#477 shan0487

shan0487
        • 1,393 posts
        • Wedding Date:November 23, 2012
        • Wedding Location:Sun Palace & Moon Palace- Cancun, MX
        • LocationSt Louis, MO

Posted 12 February 2014 - 12:24 PM

thank you!! I sent you a PM! :)

I am a premier member. I can help with how to book weeks. Its really simple!

#478 MBK

MBK
        • 28 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 02:32 PM

Can anyone answer whether the club could be used as a back up location for the reception in case of rain, on a day that it is closed (Sunday)? Tia!

#479 LTita

LTita
          • 3 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 02:55 PM

Glad to hear you had a great experience! I doubt we will be able to do a site visit as I have limited days I can take off work, so I like hearing other people's impressions when they go there. I have heard about the seaweed, but I am not much of an ocean person. My TA told us that Beach Palace has a really clear and clean ocean that you can take the shuttle to anytime you want, so that'll be nice for people if they like to swim in the ocean.

We are in the process of booking our wedding for May 25, 2014! Does anyone know what all is included in the 30 person dinner reservation that comes with the wedding packages? Is that just a reservation at one of the restaurants or at a private location?

Congrats!! We are getting married at MP the day after you guys on May 26, 2014. I can't wait to start formal planning here soon... eek!

#480 MBK

MBK
            • 28 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 05:49 PM

Ladies, this question is for those who had a chuppah- given that each collection includes a structure that's different from a chuppah, were you able to have them make some changes to it in order to create a chuppah for you? I know that they are not flexible with making changes to their packages so this is a concern. Also, I am wondering if it would it be possible to add flower arrangements to the tables (using one of the preferred flower vendors) if I choose the table decorations from one of their wedding collections?

Lastly, for those of you that had the reception at the Caribano Terrace, were you able to extend the hours past 10pm? 

Tia! =)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users