Photo

Moon Palace- 2014

• Please log in to reply
1012 replies to this topic

#451 Britt

Britt
  • 97 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 09:18 AM

i know its been discussed buf im still unsure about tips  how much do you generally tip hour wc, how about the florist (marvin) and the dj and decorators (zuniga).

also Ems85 how did you convince them to upgrade ypi to the presidential suite? I'm not good at things like that but would love to try since we have our son and it would be so nice not to have to share a room! 

thanks!!

#452 dzaccaria

dzaccaria
    • 148 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 10:46 AM

Britt - We ended up giving our WC $200 because she was seriously amazing. We went there thinking we were gunna give her $150 but decided to throw in some more. Then we gave our photographer $50, videographer $50, DJ $50, and each bartender got $25 from us and a bunch of our guests gave them tips as well.

We never actually saw our florist or anyone from Zuniga so we did not tip them.

Hope this helps!

#453 shan0487

shan0487
      • 1,393 posts
      • Wedding Date:November 23, 2012
      • Wedding Location:Sun Palace & Moon Palace- Cancun, MX
      • LocationSt Louis, MO

Posted 17 January 2014 - 01:36 PM

I tipped the WC $50, I gave the man delivering the flowers for marvin $5, we just had an ipod tech so we tipped him $10 and $10 to each bartender and wait staff.  Be sure to individually hand each person their tip or they may not share! :)

i know its been discussed buf im still unsure about tips  how much do you generally tip hour wc, how about the florist (marvin) and the dj and decorators (zuniga).

also Ems85 how did you convince them to upgrade ypi to the presidential suite? I'm not good at things like that but would love to try since we have our son and it would be so nice not to have to share a room! 

thanks!!

#454 Wendyp

Wendyp
      • Site Supporter
      • 3 posts
        • LocationMexico

Posted 20 January 2014 - 07:49 PM

Does anyone have a catalog for Zuniga or pictures of what they did for your wedding at Moon Palace? I don't really love any of the decoration packages they offer but I have read that Zuniga can do almost anything. I would like a few ideas from past brides that have been happy with Zuniga decor. Thanks in advance :)

#455 lastminbride

lastminbride
        • 165 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 02:26 AM

Hi fellow brides -

Who is your wedding planner (not the on-site coordinator) for Moon Palace, and how do you like them?

I am about to be assigned mine, and I'd love to know ahead of time who are the recommended ones in case I have any influence over the matter.

Thank you!

#456 misbosox

misbosox
          • 294 posts
          • Wedding Date:June 23, 2015
          • Wedding Location:Moon Palace Resort ~ Cancun, Mexico
          • LocationFort Worth, TX

Posted 25 January 2014 - 08:32 AM

question regarding the complimentrary honeymoon package.

when you signed your wedding contract was it worded in there?

Or is this something that gets added later when you are booking your rooms?

I ask because on-line it states all packages come with the complimentary  honeymoon package,  but looking at my contract it doesn't state it or the items that are included with it the honeymoon pkg....

#457 Britt

Britt
          • 97 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 01:46 PM

WendyP- I just got back and have photos of what Zuniga did for me. If you want to email me I can send them! Brittanys@bellnet.ca

lasminbride- I just dealt with Karen and she was so freaking fantastic!

#458 misbosox

misbosox
            • 294 posts
            • Wedding Date:June 23, 2015
            • Wedding Location:Moon Palace Resort ~ Cancun, Mexico
            • LocationFort Worth, TX

Posted 28 January 2014 - 02:08 PM

@Britt -  hope you had a wonderful wedding week!  Would love to see photos on what Zuniga did as well.  My email is mishtb96@aol.com    if you don't mind sending them...

Loved your ideas from your past planning journal.  

Just a few questions:    Our wedding is also at 4pm and we are having about the same amount of guest (60 total).

Did you have your cocktail hour and reception in the same location at Caribbean Terrace?  

Trying to figure out if we have both in same area or do we have cocktail in one spot and reception at another.

Did you end up doing the ipod/speakers?   Was it enough time for dancing

Any tips of things would change or must do?

#459 smilenstacy

smilenstacy
            • 20 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 02:30 PM

Shell66, 

I'm getting married at Moon Palace in June too! When are you getting married? Is the $93 outside vendor fee they quoted you for hair and makeup only, or everything? I was told the outside vendor fee was $800!!!

Hi, I'm getting married here next June. Moon Palace have told me the fee is $93 per vendor. They will give you a price list if you ask.

#460 smilenstacy

smilenstacy
              • 20 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 09:03 PM

I'm getting married at MP this June and trying to decide what I need for decor, AV, lighting, etc. Has anyone used any outside vendors besides Zuniga and JSAV? My wedding planner said there's a $800 outside vendor fee for each vendor, which I think is ridic, so unless there's a way around it, I'm pretty much stuck with using their preferred vendors. 

Any suggestions??

Thanks!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users