• Please log in to reply
1012 replies to this topic

#191 dzaccaria

dzaccaria
  • 148 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by Sloany 

Hi There

I have already put this message on another thread for 2013 brides in hope that soemone there can advise.  Not sure that any of you 2014 girlies will have experienced this yet but thought I would share.  I have my wedding booked for 4pm on the 12th of July 2014:-)  At present I only have 14 people  in 7 rooms, including myself and my fiance. However we are all staying for 14 nights that gives us a total of 98 room nights.  We were told by my TA that if we had 75 room nights we would be entitled to unlimited private events and a free cocktail hour.  I have now had contact from a Moon palace rep and they are saying that becaus I do not have 25 people I will have to pay a set up fee and I am not entiled to unlimited free events. I said that it does not state that anywhere but she said it was different because I was from th eUK!  Has anyone else from the UK had the same experiance or any advise??  Feeling stressed alreay and I still have 10 months to Go!!! T x crybaby2.gif

I would definitely fight this!! I just looked back at the document I received a while back regarding all the Colin Cowie packages and theres a page in the document which lists the Wedding Group Benefits and this is exactly how its worded:

25 + rooms or 75 room nights = 7 complimentary nights + unlimited private functions + 1 room upgrade for the

bride and groom to the next available room category (Subject to space and availability of the resort)

I wonder if that's where they got the "25" from? However this document clearly states that its 25 rooms OR 75 room nights!!

#192 Sloany

Sloany
    • 12 posts
    • Wedding Location:MOON PALACE GOLF & SPA RESORT
    • LocationTUCAN GAZEBO

Posted 29 August 2013 - 11:59 AM

I would definitely fight this!! I just looked back at the document I received a while back regarding all the Colin Cowie packages and theres a page in the document which lists the Wedding Group Benefits and thisĀ is exactly how its worded:

25 + rooms or 75 room nights = 7 complimentary nights + unlimited private functions + 1 room upgrade for the

bride and groom to the next available room category (Subject to space and availability of the resort) I wonder if that's where they got the "25" from? However this document clearly states that its 25 rooms OR 75 room nights!!

Thanks for that. It's kinda looking like I will get it. Will hopefully know better once I have spoke to them again. T x

#193 MrsPeele2B

MrsPeele2B
    • 187 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 12:03 PM

Keep us posted! I hope all goes well... my fingers are crossed for you

#194 bettyrey

bettyrey
      • 5 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 07:44 AM

I'll be happy to post them as soon as a figure out how to do it. LOL I have a new tablet and I haven't been able to do it.  

#195 bettyrey

bettyrey
        • 5 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 11:51 AM

IQuote:

Originally Posted by Juliebeth 

Congrats! I am getting married June 2014 as well! What is your date?
          I am not doing either of those packages, just because I wanted to pick and choose different options. BUT I have seen pictures of the peacock and sultry sunset and it looks gorgeous! Which one are you leaning more towards?
          The photos I saw was posted previously on a forum, I just don't remember where or which one .

#196 KimberlyTrutnau

KimberlyTrutnau
          • 5 posts
          • Wedding Date:March 7, 2014
          • Wedding Location:Moon Palace

Posted 30 August 2013 - 03:19 PM

Thanks for the info

#197 Sloany

Sloany
          • 12 posts
          • Wedding Location:MOON PALACE GOLF & SPA RESORT
          • LocationTUCAN GAZEBO

Posted 01 September 2013 - 11:58 PM

Thanks. Tx

#198 bridemoonpalace

bridemoonpalace
          • 151 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 07:10 AM

I am also getting married at the moon palace this October. We used a travel agent to book us and our guests stay. We are not happy with the travel agent we used! Our WC in Mexico has been helpful, but trying to get our PO updated correctly has been a chore. Make sure you go over every detail!

#199 Britt

Britt
            • 97 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 01:48 PM

I just heard back from my wedding coordinator up here and he was told now an outside dj is 800$ anyone else have this??

#200 MrsTobeD

MrsTobeD
              • 288 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 03:01 PM

I just heard back from my wedding coordinator up here and he was told now an outside dj is 800$ anyone else have this??

Absolutely bizarre, she must have the wrong info, who's your WC?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users