Photo

Moon Palace- 2014

• Please log in to reply
1012 replies to this topic

#121 MrsG2B

MrsG2B
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 04:27 AM

Hi Ladies, I am getting Married on the 9th May at the MP! SOOOOO EXCITED. I have stayed at the Hotel before (9 years ago) so a lot has probably changed since then! it would be helpful to hear from other brides getting married around the same time to me as to what they have planned already - what they have left to organise. im aware that we dont get assigned a WC until a couple of months before but im finding myself pulling my hair out at wanting to set things in stone as i have made a lot of decisions already! i do keep on emailing the sales person for MP weddings as i have no-one else to contact but i can tell im annoying her with my questions! i only have 12 guests at the moment so its far from a massive event, but i would at least like to know what i can book in regards to evening receptions/decorations for the day etc. Any help would be much appreciated!

#122 MrsTobeD

MrsTobeD
    • 288 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 08:42 AM

I understand you can book decorations but no location, my question would be, how can you get decorations or someone to decorate when you don't know what you would be decorating. I think location is assigned once you get within your time and then is only confirmed ONCE you are at the resort. 

Originally Posted by MrsG2B 

Hi Ladies, I am getting Married on the 9th May at the MP! SOOOOO EXCITED. I have stayed at the Hotel before (9 years ago) so a lot has probably changed since then! it would be helpful to hear from other brides getting married around the same time to me as to what they have planned already - what they have left to organise. im aware that we dont get assigned a WC until a couple of months before but im finding myself pulling my hair out at wanting to set things in stone as i have made a lot of decisions already! i do keep on emailing the sales person for MP weddings as i have no-one else to contact but i can tell im annoying her with my questions! i only have 12 guests at the moment so its far from a massive event, but i would at least like to know what i can book in regards to evening receptions/decorations for the day etc. Any help would be much appreciated!

#123 Zavina

Zavina
      • 22 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 12:35 PM

T

Hi Zavina, I suggest you contact a freight forward or DHL, FedEx or UPS. It will be a nightmare for him to bring it with him.  I recently contacted the airline directly and they were so expensive. A friend of mine suggested that before I purchased anything. To check with a customs broker in Cancun. Just to give you and idea Mexico charge almost 500% duty on any merchandise made in China. Its that crazy. Good Luck.

Thank you!! I cannot believe that, it's crazy! I will have to see what the best method will be.

#124 BeachBride125

BeachBride125
        • 5 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 02:45 AM

MrsG2B...Awesome Date. I am getting married at MP on the same day :-)

#125 Zavina

Zavina
          • 22 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 08:46 AM

I guess I haven't told everyone but I am a June 12, 2014 bride and I am having a full Sikh ceremony with reception for approximately 80 guests (so far). If anyone in here has had a Sikh wedding at MP I can sure use as much advice as possible! I hired a wedding planner here who is taking care of everything and works closely with MP and she is phenomenal. The only issue I have noticed so far with MP is the absurd outside vendor fees and how much they will charge to rent equipment. I am hoping my wedding planner can work something out.

#126 jenvens7

jenvens7
            • 51 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 11:59 AM

Zavina, I have the same exact concern. I'm going to try to DIY mostly everything in hopes that they don't charge us an arm and a leg to help set them up. If so, I'll make sure that they are simple enough for a family member to put up real quick before the ceremony/reception. I kinda figure that the beach and I will be enough of a decoration! HA! BTW, we are getting married 7/7/14. 

#127 MrsG2B

MrsG2B
              • 6 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 12:55 AM

Hey BeachBride125! How Fab! What time are you have the ceremony? Do you have any other arrangements made yet? just under 9 months to go!!!

#128 BeachBride125

BeachBride125
                • 5 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 08:59 AM

MrsG2B...I am having the ceremony at 4pm. How about you? Found a photographer, picked colors, have a DJ, and a couple other things here and there. How has planning been for you? Is there any issues you have been having? My fiance and I went for a site visit the middle of July and we are even more excited. I can't believe we have less then 9 months!! Time is flying. :-)

#129 Britt

Britt
                  • 97 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 11:25 AM

bettyrey, you said that they have given you menu options for plated diners and buffets, would you be able to share that with me :) 

thanks

#130 Jinele Fracasso

Jinele Fracasso
                    • 42 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 02:53 PM

Did anyone get to try they buffet food options when they went on their site visit !? I don't want to pic a buffet option without trying it first. Also, while your on the site visit do they let you pick the reception location ? I cant dedide where I want to do the reception, I'm hoping for a balcony type terrace 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users