Moon Palace- 2014

• Please log in to reply
1012 replies to this topic

#101 Juliebeth

Juliebeth
  • 54 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 20, 2014

Posted 23 July 2013 - 04:06 PM

Hi Juliebeth! Check out PSAV, they are much cheaper than JSAV and they are an allowed vendor at Moon palace! My contact was Miroslava and her email is marriaga@psav.com

Thanks!! :)

#102 MrsTobeD

MrsTobeD
  • 288 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 08:55 AM

So I have a question, anyone in here have a list of approved vendors by Moon Palace (no outside vendor fee)?

I requested this from the resort, but according to them I can only use THEIR florist, THEIR photographer and THEIR DJ.... I know this is totally false because I have seen people here that have used a few vendors other than the resort offered ones without paying a fee, i.e. PSAV and Zu±iga. So after a few back and forth emails with the WC and when I saw that she wasn't whiling to "understand" my email by just sending me their providers over and over, and even said they do not allow any other vendor unless I pay the $500 fee, I mentioned these two and the WC came back and told me that is correct, I can also use those two also but to compare prices and what the services cover before making a decision, (don't they already know they are more expensive than anyone else?) ~ I already see our "relationship" (WC-Bride) is not going to work.

This is the first time I get aggravated with Moon palace since February when I started to plan my wedding with Palace resorts (I was originally planning PP). She was clearly flat out lying by just hiding information so I can not make an educated decision choosing the most convenient vendor for me.

Hi Juliebeth! Check out PSAV, they are much cheaper than JSAV and they are an allowed vendor at Moon palace! My contact was Miroslava and her email is marriaga@psav.com

#103 lizzieqball

lizzieqball
    • Site Supporter
    • 22 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 10:47 AM

Mrs. Tobe,

Who is your wedding coordinator?  I keep hearing conflicting information about outside vendor fees.  I asked Mayra about this back in May and her response was "Regarding the outside vendedors:$94 usd will apply to bring 1 photographer. Do you have another type of vendedor to bring?".  Also, when I asked about Zuniga, she actually forwarded their brochures to me and said they "use Zuniga".  Gah! So confusing! 

#104 MrsTobeD

MrsTobeD
      • 288 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 11:04 AM

My coordinator is Renee Garcia, she gave me Gamanteles for decoration, JSAV for music and Ocean Photo.. PERIOD, my only options... To that 3 she added that there is a $500 outside vendor fee if I want to use anyone else, and only $94 per photographer, each. 

Originally Posted by lizzieqball 

Mrs. Tobe,

Who is your wedding coordinator?  I keep hearing conflicting information about outside vendor fees.  I asked Mayra about this back in May and her response was "Regarding the outside vendedors:$94 usd will apply to bring 1 photographer. Do you have another type of vendedor to bring?".  Also, when I asked about Zuniga, she actually forwarded their brochures to me and said they "use Zuniga".  Gah! So confusing! 

#105 shan0487

shan0487
        • 1,393 posts
        • Wedding Date:November 23, 2012
        • Wedding Location:Sun Palace & Moon Palace- Cancun, MX
        • LocationSt Louis, MO

Posted 01 August 2013 - 11:13 AM

PSAV is also a perferred vendor of MP- it is cheaper- that is why I think they do not "suggest" them.  I was married in 2012 but her is my contact person if she's still there- Dolores Alvarez- dalvarez@psav.com I just did the ipod hookup and JSAV wanted to charge me $200 more than PSAV!

I cannot help you with the photographer- as I flew down 2 photographers for home- so they were guests of the resort for 3 days- ended up being cheaper for me to do that. 

Also for the flowers- you can hire outside vendors and have them drop them off at the lobby- the resort can't charge you for that! :)

#106 MrsTobeD

MrsTobeD
        • 288 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 11:31 AM

Thank you Shan,

I am aware that PSAV is a vendor, I have actually been in contact with them. I am going with outside photographers, and already have a few options. For flowers I am still up in the air as to what exactly I am going to do. 

Originally Posted by shan0487 

PSAV is also a perferred vendor of MP- it is cheaper- that is why I think they do not "suggest" them.  I was married in 2012 but her is my contact person if she's still there- Dolores Alvarez- dalvarez@psav.com I just did the ipod hookup and JSAV wanted to charge me $200 more than PSAV!

I cannot help you with the photographer- as I flew down 2 photographers for home- so they were guests of the resort for 3 days- ended up being cheaper for me to do that. 

Also for the flowers- you can hire outside vendors and have them drop them off at the lobby- the resort can't charge you for that! :)

#107 Wedding Dj In Cancun

Wedding Dj In Cancun
          • Vendor
          • 92 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 11:51 AM

Dear Moon Palace Brides to be

We have better prices than JSAV & PSAV Even after Paying their External Vendor fee! More Info:

info@discomovilcancun.com

#108 lizzieqball

lizzieqball
            • Site Supporter
            • 22 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 11:53 AM

Great idea about the flowers! I didn't think of asking them to drop them off in the lobby.  Who did you use for flowers?  I'm assuming any of the flowers are for decorations we are responsible for setting them up vs. the resort?

Liz

Originally Posted by shan0487 

#109 MrsTobeD

MrsTobeD
              • 288 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 12:07 PM

I just sent you an email requesting info. 

Originally Posted by Wedding Dj In Cancun 

Dear Moon Palace Brides to be

We have better prices than JSAV & PSAV Even after Paying their crazy External Vendor fee! More Info:

info@discomovilcancun.com

#110 shan0487

shan0487
                • 1,393 posts
                • Wedding Date:November 23, 2012
                • Wedding Location:Sun Palace & Moon Palace- Cancun, MX
                • LocationSt Louis, MO

Posted 01 August 2013 - 01:16 PM

I used marvin at mayafloral in Cancun- he's very familiar with Moon Palace and will drop them off at your lobby! .  His prices are not super cheap but it was way cheaper than going through the resort.  Yes you will be responsible to set them up yourself or otherwise your WC can change you up to $150 set up fee...each WC is different and they kind of set their own fee- if you have a nice one like mine she won't charge you anything in hopes of a bigger tip for herself! :)

Here's my bouquet! :)

Great idea about the flowers! I didn't think of asking them to drop them off in the lobby.  Who did you use for flowers?  I'm assuming any of the flowers are for decorations we are responsible for setting them up vs. the resort?

Liz

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users