Hi Ladies,

I just confirmed my wedding for July 11, 2014 at the Moon Palace!!! I am very excited for the planning process. I will be traveling on a site inspection tour this August! If you ladies need any particular pictures or questions I can ask once I am there. I would love to help any way I can!

Happy planning and I'm excited to be sharing our experience along the way!

Originally Posted by Geegee View Post

Hi

The photos are amazing! We got engaged at the moon last year and we just have to go back to go back for the big day! How many weeks ahead can contact them we were looking at july 2014 ?

Hi Geegee! You might want to contact them asap. I just confirmed my wedding for July 11, 2014 and they already had 3 other weddings booked for the same day. It is better to get an early start expecially to save the date you want.

Originally Posted by JennyLynn824 View Post

Me and my fiance are hoping to get married at Moon Palace in early May 2014 and are hoping to book a stay long enough to honeymoon and use the complimentary wedding package.  Has anyone else chosen the complimentary package? What were your thoughts?  Also, our guestlist is only going to be 10-15 people.  Are there any suggestions on things I should ask the WC?  I am new to this and need all the help I can get! Please, lol!

Hi JennyLynn824!

The good thing about the complimentary wedding package is that you can customize your wedding to your taste, using the collections limits you to the colors and flowers, since they are standard. The Moon Palace works with Zuniga Productions which is a vendor that provides extras such as linen, runners, flowers, the whole nine. So you can pretty much have the wedding of your dreams! I also decided on the complimentary since I wasn't too big on the collections. Hope this helps.

I would contact them as soon as you can.  I am planning for a June 2014 wedding there and the first date I wanted was all booked up! I was in shock.  Thankfully they had a time slot available within  the same week.  I have heard nothing but wonderful things about weddings at this location, so I am sure our weddings will be a success as well!  The only cons I have heard is the contract process at first is slow, so be patient.  And I have heard that it is always windy down by the water, so plan ahead for that as well when you get your bridesmaid dresses and think about updo's! (but the wind is usually a plus because of how hot it can be down there)

Hope this helps! 

That is a good idea to visit before hand!!  Could you ask more details about the reception. I know the complimentary includes reception reservations for 30 guests...but I am curious to see if they charge per person or if that includes the food and all?!   That is the main concern I have left before finalizing my decision to have my wedding at the Moon Palace in June 2014.  

How far are you with planning?!

Originally Posted by LiaLoooves View Post

Hi JennyLynn824!

The good thing about the complimentary wedding package is that you can customize your wedding to your taste, using the collections limits you to the colors and flowers, since they are standard. The Moon Palace works with Zuniga Productions which is a vendor that provides extras such as linen, runners, flowers, the whole nine. So you can pretty much have the wedding of your dreams! I also decided on the complimentary since I wasn't too big on the collections. Hope this helps.

So happy to have found this thread, the moon palace and playacar palace resorts seem to be some of my top potential choices! Did any of you consider playacar as well? And if so, what made you go with the moon palace?

Our wedding group will be around 40 and mostly in their 30s or so (i.e. younger crown for post part; but hey age is just a number right lol!  ;) 

I've heard playa del carmen doesn't have a huge night life, which is why I may lean more towards moon palace. Any thoughts guys? ;)

Originally Posted by Juliebeth View Post

That is a good idea to visit before hand!!  Could you ask more details about the reception. I know the complimentary includes reception reservations for 30 guests...but I am curious to see if they charge per person or if that includes the food and all?!   That is the main concern I have left before finalizing my decision to have my wedding at the Moon Palace in June 2014.  

How far are you with planning?!

Hi Juliebeth!

I'm not too sure regarding the complimentary package for the reception reservations. I know if you select a Collin Cowie Collection you can have as many guest as you want with no extra charge. The more people that attend the better it is for you because you can get the unlimited private functions which include the private reception, and cocktail hour, private welcome dinner, etc. I can ask for you once I talk to my wedding coordinator some time this week to confirm my site inspection. I'm still debating if I should do the complimentary package or the Collin Cowie. So far, I have reserved the date which is the most important and first thing you should do. The acutal planning of the wedding selecting reception sites, cake, flowers, entertainment, etc. that process wont happen until 90 days prior to your wedding date. That is when you will be able to speak with the wedding coordinator that will assist you the day of your wedding. This kind of freaks me out because I like to plan ahead and make sure everything is perfect. However, I am confident that they will live up to their great reputation. Moon Palace conducts weddings all year round and they are great at what they do. My sister in laws cousin got married at the Moon Palace two years ago and they said the wedding was PERFECT! This is why I am not to worried. In the mean time there are a lot of DIY projects we can focus our time on. Hope this helps.

Originally Posted by MrsShoreytobe View Post

So happy to have found this thread, the moon palace and playacar palace resorts seem to be some of my top potential choices! Did any of you consider playacar as well? And if so, what made you go with the moon palace?

Our wedding group will be around 40 and mostly in their 30s or so (i.e. younger crown for post part; but hey age is just a number right lol!  ;) 

I've heard playa del carmen doesn't have a huge night life, which is why I may lean more towards moon palace. Any thoughts guys? ;)

Hi MrsShoreytobe!

My sister in law went to her cousins wedding two years ago and the wedding was at Moon Palace she stayed at Playacar. I asked her the same question. She said its all about preference. Moon Palace is a HUGE resort and they have tons of activities to do, their rooms are also more modern and the resort its self is beautiful. The down fall according to her is that Moon Palace is too big and she prefers a smaller hotel. Playacar is located in Playa del Carmen and you can walk around and site see more of a little town feel. The hotel is much smaller and the rooms are not as great. So it depends on what it is your looking for. Also, keep in mind whether you stay at Moon Palace or Playacar you can visit all the palace resorts and eat at there restaurants for free since you have the All Inclusive. So you can potentially stay at Moon Palace or Playacar and visit the other resorts.

Hi Juliebeth! I'm not too sure regarding the complimentary package for the reception reservations. I know if you select a Collin Cowie Collection you can have as many guest as you want with no extra charge. The more people that attend the better it is for you because you can get the unlimited private functions which include the private reception, and cocktail hour, private welcome dinner, etc. I can ask for you once I talk to my wedding coordinator some time this week to confirm my site inspection. I'm still debating if I should do the complimentary package or the Collin Cowie. So far, I have reserved the date which is the most important and first thing you should do. The acutal planning of the wedding selecting reception sites, cake, flowers, entertainment, etc. that process wont happen until 90 days prior to your wedding date. That is when you will be able to speak with the wedding coordinator that will assist you the day of your wedding. This kind of freaks me out because I like to plan ahead and make sure everything is perfect. However, I am confident that they will live up to their great reputation. Moon Palace conducts weddings all year round and they are great at what they do. My sister in laws cousin got married at the Moon Palace two years ago and they said the wedding was PERFECT! This is why I am not to worried. In the mean time there are a lot of DIY projects we can focus our time on. Hope this helps.
It does help! Thank you :). Yes I am sure it will be wonderful! It freaks me out as well because you don't know the final costs of the reception and what not 3 months prior...but if it was extremely high, I am sure others would be complaining versus saying how wonderful the wedding was! :). Good luck! And if you do hear any good feedback after this week, please post!