Does anyone have a list of preferred/approved vendors? The "WC" is giving me the run around.I would really appreciate it!

I am getting so aggravated with the resort and my TA. People in the hospitality and travel industry sure are great at playing stupid.  :rolleyes:

I have them! :) Private message me with your email address and I can forward everything I have thus far. My WC is awesome and has given me everything I have asked for thus far! I am sorry your experience hasn't been the same!

@ jackielemman... I used the onsite photographer, Ocean Studio, for both photo and video and I loved them! As with anything else in life I read such mixed reviews about them but decided to use them since the prices were great and I did not want to deal with a vendor fee. I felt they really captured our wedding and knew the resort really well (since their office is onsite) so they knew where to take the best pictures! They took a lot of pictures of the bridal party on the beach which I LOVED and I seriously look at them every day! Feel free to add me on Facebook (Deanna Sauchuk) if you would like to take a look at my professional pics. They are not all on there but all of the ones that they put in my albums are on there so you can at least get a good idea!

@@natalie25... we used Ocean Photo and we received our photos and video about a month after the wedding!

Thanks for the reply! I will check into Ocean Studio! Much appreciation.

I have some family/friends not booking at Moon Palace and staying at another resort. Has anyone had experience with getting day passes to their wedding? I am so confused with all of the rules of how many passes I can get and how much they are. Plus I think there are fees if I want to include them in our reception...

Help!?

I was hoping not to have to deal with this... I advised everyone to stay on property to avoid this issue and the confusion. Plus they wont get to enjoy the rest of the wedding festivities throughout the week! :(

@@jackielemman ... we had 8 family members stay at another resort. I made it very clear to everyone from the beginning that I would prefer them all to stay at Moon but I couldn't force anyone to. I didn't think it was fair to me that they decided to stay at another resort so I had them pay me for the cost of the day passes. Sounds horrible, but it just didn't make sense for me to have to pay this cost because they decided to save a few extra bucks and go to a cheaper resort.

Moon will only allow the purchase of wedding day passes up to a maximum of 20% of the total number of guests. The passes were $94 per person.

You would just count these people into your normal headcount for your ceremony and reception.

@@jackielemman ... we had 8 family members stay at another resort. I made it very clear to everyone from the beginning that I would prefer them all to stay at Moon but I couldn't force anyone to. I didn't think it was fair to me that they decided to stay at another resort so I had them pay me for the cost of the day passes. Sounds horrible, but it just didn't make sense for me to have to pay this cost because they decided to save a few extra bucks and go to a cheaper resort.

Moon will only allow the purchase of wedding day passes up to a maximum of 20% of the total number of guests. The passes were $94 per person.

You would just count these people into your normal headcount for your ceremony and reception

Did you still end up with being able to do free unlimited events or did you not book 75 room nights? I am really worried about not making the 75 room nights and not being able to have a fabulous reception and cocktail hour!

I agree with having the guests pay for the day pass. 20% of your total guests isn't much when i'm only expecting at max 30 guests total! I will have to just be clear with the guests and allow them to contact the hotel to figure it out.

Unfortunately we only ended up with 64 room nights as some of our guests decided to book themselves instead of through my group booking. (We would have made the 75 if they had booked through my booking!! I was so mad about this and fought with my coordinator to have them included in my room count but they wouldn't budge!)

So since we had 64 room nights we qualified for a 2 hour private function so we used that towards our reception and paid for an additional two hours plus a cocktail hour. (So we had the cocktail hour and a 4 hour reception)

Definitely just be clear with your guests about the guest pass and let them know that it not only costs money for them to spend the day at the resort but you would ALSO have to pay for them to actually be at the wedding so they are basically costing you double the amount!!

Unfortunately we only ended up with 64 room nights as some of our guests decided to book themselves instead of through my group booking. (We would have made the 75 if they had booked through my booking!! I was so mad about this and fought with my coordinator to have them included in my room count but they wouldn't budge!)

So since we had 64 room nights we qualified for a 2 hour private function so we used that towards our reception and paid for an additional two hours plus a cocktail hour. (So we had the cocktail hour and a 4 hour reception)

Definitely just be clear with your guests about the guest pass and let them know that it not only costs money for them to spend the day at the resort but you would ALSO have to pay for them to actually be at the wedding so they are basically costing you double the amount!!

Thats a big bummer. I will likely have the same situation. I need to update my website pronto with all this information. Thank You Thank You Thank You!!

Hi Moon Palace Brides!

I just got back from my wedding at Beach Palace! Most of the wedding information is the same across all palace resorts (spa services & prices, private function menus etc), so please let me know if you have any questions! My onsite wedding coordinator also is a WC for MP.

Sneak peek to my photo gallery! Enjoy!

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/gallery/album/17603-wedding-sneak-peek/

Lindsey

Hey Ladies,

Im having major problems with the hotel/wedding planner at the moment and i only have 9 weeks to go! We only have 15 guests but because everyone booked through different sources we dont have any free private events whatsoever. I have now been told that because we have under 20 guests we arent allowed the buffet, we have to have a plated dinner (so the guests cant choose what they eat) at approx. $80 per head - ridiculous! i wanted a quiet/informal do and its escalating in to something that i didnt want at all. another option is to have a meal in a normal restaurant, but we wont be seated all together? they dont seem to be accomodating at all! I really need help on this one please- any advice?????

@@MrsG2B - Who is your wedding planner? My planner is supposed to be Renee Garcia but I haven't heard from her in over a month despite the multiple emails I have sent her. I am just about 2 months out from our wedding and seriously starting to freak out! We have over 40 guests and over 100 room nights and it is crap that no one is writting me back! (sorry had to vent!) If anyone has any advice please please please let me know. Thank you - Lindsay

Hi Moon Palace Brides!

I just got back from my wedding at Beach Palace! Most of the wedding information is the same across all palace resorts (spa services & prices, private function menus etc), so please let me know if you have any questions! My onsite wedding coordinator also is a WC for MP.

Sneak peek to my photo gallery! Enjoy!

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/gallery/album/17603-wedding-sneak-peek/

Lindsey

Love these pics!