I know things always change, but I thought this change came in the New Year and my coordinator last week told me the $800 outside vendor fee was mainly for DJs that photographers were still the day pass fee of $97...?  

I know things always change, but I thought this change came in the New Year and my coordinator last week told me the $800 outside vendor fee was mainly for DJs that photographers were still the day pass fee of $97...?  

what about flowers and hair/make-up vendors? 

I also heard we can book a room for these vendors and then they'll be considered a GUEST.  It's cheaper than the $800 fee.   Does this work for DJs?

I can only comment on the flowers because I didn't have a hair/makeup artist (resort hair stylists actually did an amazing job) or an outside dj (i looked into it but decided to just rent equipment). For the florist you can usually meet him in a lobby and pick up your flowers but because I had large centerpieces that they had to deliver and set up and take down I was advised that they would need a day pass. in the end when I was signing the final payment after the wedding I was told they actually didn't need it so it came off my total! A long time ago I did ask about a makeup artist but it was the 97$ day pass per artist so I didn't look any further. The Dj was 800$ which didn't make the outside vendors any cheaper but perhaps better for the money? again I'm not sure because I just rented equipment and it was great. http://saratamargo.com/

• Like 1

Hey ladies! I've just now been able to get on here since the update! I've been starting my DIY decorations and they've gone pretty good so far. I can't believe that we are leaving in exactly 5 months! Time is flying!

I do have a little concern...we weren't able to get the 75 room nights, since my cousin booked with another agent. (RUDE! - JK!) So we won't be able to use our private event for our wedding reception. We are going to have about 30-36 guests. I was wondering if we could have our "free dinner reservation" at the Brazilian joint and then have our "free cocktail hour" for a pretend reception. Do you think that would work and give it a wedding feel? I wonder if anyone knows what the cost would be to extend our cocktail hour to 2 or 3 hours? We are planning on hooking up our ipod to a portable speaker. We are on a SUPER budget and trying to not have to pay for anything extra! Let me know your thoughts! I should be updating my planning thread this weekend with all of the things that I have done so far... Happy Planning! 

Hey ladies! I've just now been able to get on here since the update! I've been starting my DIY decorations and they've gone pretty good so far. I can't believe that we are leaving in exactly 5 months! Time is flying!

I do have a little concern...we weren't able to get the 75 room nights, since my cousin booked with another agent. (RUDE! - JK!) So we won't be able to use our private event for our wedding reception. We are going to have about 30-36 guests. I was wondering if we could have our "free dinner reservation" at the Brazilian joint and then have our "free cocktail hour" for a pretend reception. Do you think that would work and give it a wedding feel? I wonder if anyone knows what the cost would be to extend our cocktail hour to 2 or 3 hours? We are planning on hooking up our ipod to a portable speaker. We are on a SUPER budget and trying to not have to pay for anything extra! Let me know your thoughts! I should be updating my planning thread this weekend with all of the things that I have done so far... Happy Planning! 

For us we paid 60$ per hour per table to extend the reception, but things seem to be changing fast so maybe ask your wedding coordinator to be sure!

Hey Everyone, 

Since this site and reviews helped me so much when planning I wanted to get my review done nice and quick and hopefully be able to help some of you other lovely ladies going through the planning process!

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/75127-britt-and-mikes-moon-palace-2014-wedding-planning-journal/page-3

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/gallery/album/17551-wedding-album/

Here are the links to my longish review and also to the photos (since I cant seem to add them to the review itself) 

Hope this helps :)

Britt

• Like 1

Hi MP Brides to be! 

My name is Melissa and I am a professional wedding photographer in Toronto. I will be coming to Moon Palace between April 23 - 30th 2014 to shoot a business conference and I would like to offer my wedding photography services to anyone in need! I have shot a handful of weddings at Moon Palace before. Please see my website at: www.riperesolution.ca 

Please let me know if you are interested! There are some opportunities for discounted wedding photography or even portrait sessions on the beach! 

Cheers!

Hey all! I am new to this site... my fiancee and I just booked our trip to MP for 6/20-6/27 with a destination wedding in the works for 6/24. We signed the contract yesterday! I am SUPER excited, and can not wait to go! Just wanted to say hello! 

We are going with the complimentary package... we are eloping and its just the 2 of us, so I really didn't see the need in going all out and spending a fortune. I do want to get some really good pictures though, hopefully we can find something that will be reasonably priced. :) 

Hope to chat with my other June MP brides soon! You can email me at 77giantsgirl@@gmail.com