Quote:
Originally Posted by shan0487 View Post

Thanks Shannon! I can't wait, it sounds like I can't go wrong either way.  It just threw me off with the limit of guests.  Is there really a limit for these events or did you see the same limit when you recieved your menu options?  or maybe it is just a mandatory catalog listing? I'm not sure, because they made it seem like there wasn't a limit earlier in the process. 

Shannon-you leave soon for your trip...are you excited to return!? :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastminbride View Post

Hi Julie,
I just got back from there.
Both terraces are beautiful. You can't go wrong with either.

I'm not sure about the menus (I don't have them yet), but the main buffet option (Bugambilia buffet) is Mexican, and there is a Mexican speciality restaurant. So, you may want to consider that. Same goes for the Italian I guess (1 a-la-carte in Sunrise and the speciality one at the golf Course).

I haven't heard about the event limit. I'm just now dealing with the contract, and would be forever grateful if you could send me the document with the people limit for a welcome
Dinner (or any other document). I have asked multiple times if there are limits on the number of guests for the free events and they have said no.

My email is hcwedding@comcast.net

Thanks!

:)

Thanks!  I would have LOVED to do a site tour, but it just wasn't in our budget.  I bet it was wonderful experience for you!  DId you get to see the actual location of where you will be married? :) 

You really can't!! I dont think there is a limit but we had 41 people so that never came up for me.

I am getting very excited!!  I need to get serious about my workouts and stop eating halloween candy haha!  We leave in 20days.  I need a break from work and need sun in my life!

They just opened the new lobby and pools and restaraunts are reopened in Nizuc as of yesterday so I can't wait to see them! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juliebeth View Post

Thanks Shannon! I can't wait, it sounds like I can't go wrong either way.  It just threw me off with the limit of guests.  Is there really a limit for these events or did you see the same limit when you recieved your menu options?  or maybe it is just a mandatory catalog listing? I'm not sure, because they made it seem like there wasn't a limit earlier in the process.

Shannon-you leave soon for your trip...are you excited to return!? :D

From what I have been told is that the outside vendor fee is different for each vendor. We have two photographers coming and for each we had to get a guest pass, same for the florist (because he is coming in to set up the centerpieces, free if you are just getting bouquets and grab them from him in the lobby). When it came to the DJ that got crazy! Recently they changed that and now I think it is 800$ to bring in a DJ, apparently that is because of the electricity?

Also I will be having around 60 ppl at my cocktail hour and reception, I asked about how on the menu it says "max 50 persons" she said that I still don't have to pay for anyone over 50 ppl (as long as they booked through the same travel agent) it is just a different menu with more options bc you have more ppl. 

Hopefully that helps a bit! :)

• Like 1

Sorry I have been MIA....The visit was worth it, at the end of the day if you think about it, you are only paying for the airfare since the stay gets discounted from your final wedding bill, you have to arrange the visit with them for it to count. 

I have heard of brides that dont have to pay for the stay since they are already in contract. I am having it at the grand terrace since is the only place at the resort you can have an outdoor celebration after 10pm and we are having an 8pm dinner/dancing. 

Date is August 22nd. 

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrsRoberts View Post

Mrs TobeD - How was the site visit?  My fiance and thought about doing it, but with the budget in mind we decided not to.   Also, where on the Grand side are you having your reception??  When is your date?  :) So fun!!

Hello ladies!, We know hat planning a wedding is such an stressing idea, but it is even more when it is a destination wedding, so you can only take a deep breath and enjoy every second of this planning! I'm sure your big day will be amazing!, I'm posting these videos of real weddings so you can take a look at them and maybe have some ideas for yours!

vimeo_logo.png

From what I have been told is that the outside vendor fee is different for each vendor. We have two photographers coming and for each we had to get a guest pass, same for the florist (because he is coming in to set up the centerpieces, free if you are just getting bouquets and grab them from him in the lobby). When it came to the DJ that got crazy! Recently they changed that and now I think it is 800$ to bring in a DJ, apparently that is because of the electricity? Also I will be having around 60 ppl at my cocktail hour and reception, I asked about how on the menu it says "max 50 persons" she said that I still don't have to pay for anyone over 50 ppl (as long as they booked through the same travel agent) it is just a different menu with more options bc you have more ppl.  Hopefully that helps a bit! :)
Britt and Shannon - So did all your guests book through the same TA? - Britt - Are the exceptions for the vendors (photographer, florist) listed on your wedding contract? Julie - Yes, I'm getting married in the chapel and got to see it. I'm also doing an indoor reception and saw the two ballrooms I want. Cocktail is still up in the air. Everyone is so nice. Those of you that have menus, etc... Can you email them to me please? HCwedding@comcast.net I'm editing/negotiating the contract now and want to close any loopholes through which they can unexpectedly charge me for things. PS - The first draft they sent me sais they can change the Date, time and location of the wedding anytime. ?!!!! YIKES!! Was this on everyone's contract? Hugs girls