Hi ladies, our wedding is booked for August 30, 2014. We already have the sign contracts. We were told be the MP Representative that if we signed the contract and prepaid our stay they would honor everything they are offering at the time the contract was signed.

I strongly recommend that you all read the contract very carefully.  When our MP representative sent it to us there were quite a few things that were different than what we had been told by her during the previous month. The MP's reps name was Rocio, (we were no impressed with her at all). If it weren't for the fact that every time I called they would transfer me back to her we would have rather dealt with someone else.

Since we are working with a limited budget, we need as much information as possible before we made a decision. Honestly.it felt like I was pulling teeth to get answers. I guess they figure that once the contract is signed, it is a done deal.(important)  In the last section of the contract it clearly states that when you sign the it any previous written documents (emails, fax, etc.) are voided so again read it very carefully.

Once they have assigned a wedding planner at the hotel and we schedule our site visit I'm going to request an appointment with both Zuniga, Grupo Gama as well as other vendors in the area who I have been getting quotes from to see who will be the one we hire.

Perhaps the fact that I speaks Spanish and have experience with event planning meant the MP Rep had to do her job and not just sent us the contract. If you all really want or need to know certain details just go online and get the MP phone number. When they ask you, all you have to do is ask to speak with a wedding planner who speaks English well and ask all your questions.We even have a copies of the different menu options for the plated or buffet dinners and appetizers choices. 

Again ladies I suggest you go online and carefully read all the MP wedding information they have online. They have different promotions depending where you are from. Example the Canadians wedding groups that book more than 30 rooms will get rooms 31, 32, and 33 free. In addition the MP wedding representative failed to explain different thing, for example that if your guests do not stay for at least 3 nights even if they book through your website, but they only book for one or two nights you will not get credit  toward the nights you need to get the free one hour cocktail and two hour reception per day that you are entitled to depending on the number of nights your entire party book.  When I read it on the contract I was informed that it was what it was and that was it. Since it really did not matter because we have so many guest it was not a big deal but I'm sure it could make a big difference to some of you.

What I'm peeved about is the fact that I want to reserves the presidential suite so I could have all my bridesmaids get ready in the same room as me. And was told that only MP member can reserve it.

If can be of help just let me know.

Ladies, I had to come back here and say, I got a call from the wedding director at Palace Resorts, Lucy, she came in this thread and saw my comment below, she apologized that Renee wasn't specific about the details and explained to me all about the outside vendors. I feel much better that she called me but I also was not intending on getting anyone in trouble, the last thing on my mind is that they will come on here and see my post. LOL

Anyway, I always knew I was right about choosing Palace for my wedding but now that I see the level of attention they have (coming and read about us) I feel like I really made the right decision. 

smile29.gif

Originally Posted by MrsTobeD View Post

So I have a question, anyone in here have a list of approved vendors by Moon Palace (no outside vendor fee)?

I requested this from the resort, but according to them I can only use THEIR florist, THEIR photographer and THEIR DJ.... I know this is totally false because I have seen people here that have used a few vendors other than the resort offered ones without paying a fee, i.e. PSAV and Zuñiga. So after a few back and forth emails with the WC and when I saw that she wasn't whiling to "understand" my email by just sending me their providers over and over, and even said they do not allow any other vendor unless I pay the $500 fee, I mentioned these two and the WC came back and told me that is correct, I can also use those two also but to compare prices and what the services cover before making a decision, (don't they already know they are more expensive than anyone else?) ~ I already see our "relationship" (WC-Bride) is not going to work.

This is the first time I get aggravated with Moon palace since February when I started to plan my wedding with Palace resorts (I was originally planning PP). She was clearly flat out lying by just hiding information so I can not make an educated decision choosing the most convenient vendor for me.

hissyfit.gif

Wow the fact that they are checking this website now is great news for you ladies!! Hopefully they will see the miscommunications and frustrations and compliments and have them fixed! :)

Originally Posted by MrsTobeD View Post

Ladies, I had to come back here and say, I got a call from the wedding director at Palace Resorts, Lucy, she came in this thread and saw my comment below, she apologized that Renee wasn't specific about the details and explained to me all about the outside vendors. I feel much better that she called me but I also was not intending on getting anyone in trouble, the last thing on my mind is that they will come on here and see my post. LOL

Anyway, I always knew I was right about choosing Palace for my wedding but now that I see the level of attention they have (coming and read about us) I feel like I really made the right decision. 

smile29.gif

I am planning a wedding for May 2014 also and have been debating between Moon Palace and Dreams Cancun.  I really liked the complimentary set up for Moon Palace. Was the wood ceremony structure that the bride and groom stand under a very dark brown color?  Also, by reading all of the reviews I am concerned about the seaweed on the beach.  What was your impression with the seaweed issue? I want my pictures to be beautiful! Thank you!

I am getting married on June 12, 2014 at Moon Place in a traditional Sikh ceremony! So many Sikh couples are getting married here because they are great at arranging everything from start to finish. There are about 80 of us going and staying in the Nizuc section. If anyone has any tips or suggestions on absolutely anything please let me know!!

Hi Zavina, I suggest you contact a freight forward or DHL, FedEx or UPS. It will be a nightmare for him to bring it with him.  I recently contacted the airline directly and they were so expensive. A friend of mine suggested that before I purchased anything. To check with a customs broker in Cancun. Just to give you and idea Mexico charge almost 500% duty on any merchandise made in China. Its that crazy. Good Luck.

Hi! I am also getting married at the MP on the 9th May. What time are you having the ceremony and how are you getting on with your arrangements. Would be great to know how your plans are coming along, especially from a fellow May9th Bride! our ceremony is at 6pm and i have requested the locations, but not sure whether i will definitely have what i want!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachBride125 View Post

Hi Ladies,

I am getting married May 9th, 2014 at the Moon Palace. Has anyone looked into Hair/makeup? I'm hearing mixed reviews about the salons there. I wanted to hire an outside vendor for this by my TA is saying there is a $500 outside vendor fee. Ridiculous!!!