Jump to content

Photo

List Of Photographers In The PV Area


  • Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#51 Jose Arreola

Jose Arreola
  • Newbie
  • 15 posts

    Posted 22 August 2008 - 07:47 PM

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by amyh
    ELIZABETH LLOYD - Photographer

    Elizabeth Lloyd is a photographer in PV. She just launched her website. I don't have much info on her, but I was considering her (I'm flying someone out now.)

    We are a team of professional photographers, for but of 20 years we preserve the memories of those unforgettable moments... your Wedding.
    I recommend you that you ask several details on the photographer, if they has web page, what equipment it uses, experience in weddings, etc … compares and decide.
    In Picture, we use the Digital Professional Canon 5D.
    We can make a gallery in our web page no charge:
    - Jose Arreola - Puerto Vallarta weddings Photographer ***
    In Video, we use the camera Sony FZ1 HD DVCam Professional:
    Regular Format (4:3) and we can offer Wide Screen (16:9)
    This link it’s a wedding video in wide screen:
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=3qCtypuesds
    We accept Paypal
    We work with the best resorts in the region ***(Marriott Casamagna, The Westin, Grand Velas, Four Seasons, etc.) and the best WC they know our work.
    J

    #52 mercypharmd

    mercypharmd
    • Newbie
    • 22 posts

      Posted 08 March 2010 - 03:39 AM

      does anyone have recent photgrapher suggestions based out of Puerto vallarta. My fiance and i had no idea how much pics cost...geez

      #53 ~Jessica~

      ~Jessica~
      • Banned
      • 3,479 posts

        Posted 30 March 2010 - 02:30 PM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by mercypharmd
        does anyone have recent photgrapher suggestions based out of Puerto vallarta. My fiance and i had no idea how much pics cost...geez
        I would recommend Nate Cordova (license to Still). Alot of girls on here have used him, I will be using him in May. He is soo nice and used to be Elizabeth Lloyd's second shooter before going out on his own. He actually lives back in the states now, but will travel to PV for your wedding!

        #54 sbdesignwestmgt

        sbdesignwestmgt
        • Newbie
        • 8 posts

          Posted 20 April 2010 - 12:37 PM

          I searched and searched all the photographers I could find on here and elsewhere and after checking all their work and contacting many of them we finally decided on Karla Benitez -- Her work looks amazing, Her prices much more reasonable than many, and has been a real pleasure to work with so far! Fast responses, thorough responses and very helpful! I have chose a 3 hour session for $500 and she edits all her work -- (some send you raw pics so what you see on their site is all edited work --but thats not what they send you -- you have to pay more for them to actually edit the pics) -- I also opted for a trash the dress session for $200 instead of a longer time at the wedding. I really like the pics of trash the dress!!!

          Many photographers need you to wire money for deposits. As was the case with Karla (actually she said I could just pay when I got there if I felt uncomfortable wiring money -- but I actually felt more uncomfortable not have my photographer paid and in my mind confirmed/reserved -- even though she said that was not the case) -- Wiring money just seems foreign concept to me. I have had other vendors set up paypal accounts and that was much easier -- plus there is contact between the two of you to track. I asked Karla if it was possible for her to set up a paypal account instead of wiring money -- viola in minutes she was set to go -- and she finds it much eaiser as well!!! I had her send me a request for funds with notes in the merchant notes section detailing what the request was for "deposit $xxx for Nov xxx etc..." so it acts as my reciept. I reccomend if any vendors want you to wire money to ask them to set up a paypal account and they will probably find it very beneficial in dealing with across coutry transactions anyways and you can feel more secure as well!!

          I am very excited to have my photographer set. Her work looks awsome and she was highly reccomended to me as well!! If anyone is looking for a photographer her site is .: Karla Benitez :. Wedding Photography -- Hey and if you decide to go with her -- tell her I reccomended her -- cant hurt right :) Shay

          #55 daniparker

          daniparker
          • Newbie
          • 5 posts

            Posted 06 May 2010 - 02:01 PM

            I booked with Jillian Mitchell. She lives in San Pancho which is just North of Vallarta, but she's from the States. She speaks Spanish and English which is a huge help to me since I know nothing... So far she's been great. I really like her work and when I went to meet her she was just lovely. I think her prices are pretty reasonable too especially when compared to flying someone down. That's crazy! Here is her website if you want to take a look (which you should!) www.jillianmitchell.net

            #56 www.storybyphoto.com

            www.storybyphoto.com
            • Newbie
            • 61 posts

              Posted 06 May 2010 - 02:46 PM

              We have been shooting down there an average of about 4-5x per year. We love it and plan to start spending our Winters down there. We have been going down there for the past 7yrs!

              For those of you on a really tight budget I would definately steer you towards a local photographer. You can get them for well under $3000 for the most part since your dollar goes much further down there.

              HOWEVER, if quality is your main concern and photos are of utmost priority to you, do not overlook photogs in the US who work down there regularly. You won't find better photogs than what we have in the U.S right now

              I'll post some pics from last weekends wedding at Casa Garza Blanca shortly!

              cheers,

              Heather
              Story by Photo

              #57 nmers

              nmers
              • Newbie
              • 16 posts

                Posted 10 May 2010 - 02:05 AM

                My husband and I got married a few weeks ago, and we were very happy (!!!) with Photo Shoots Vallarta. They are a brother-sister team who speak English, Spanish, Russian, and Latvian. Their websites are: here and here. We paid less than $800 USD for 6 hours of photography (they have different package rates for digital and prints, so you can contact them for prices), and I paid through Paypal.

                Toms was our photographer for the day, and he did an amazing job! Here's our slide show: here

                Good luck to everyone!

                #58 m1984

                m1984
                • Newbie
                • 40 posts

                  Posted 19 May 2010 - 03:56 AM

                  Hi Shay!

                  When is your wedding date? Based on your recommendations, I contacated Karla and you're spot on! I'm very impressed by her work and prices and yes, she got back to me within the day!

                  My only worry is that when I search this forum, no one else seems to have heard about her. There don't appear to be any reviews. Were you worried about that at all? She fits all my requirements but I just wish she were a little more well known... you say she came highly recommended. Can I ask who recommended her?

                  Any other brides out there that have dealt with Karla?? Any problems? I really appreciate your feedback guys!


                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by sbdesignwestmgt
                  I searched and searched all the photographers I could find on here and elsewhere and after checking all their work and contacting many of them we finally decided on Karla Benitez -- Her work looks amazing, Her prices much more reasonable than many, and has been a real pleasure to work with so far! Fast responses, thorough responses and very helpful! I have chose a 3 hour session for $500 and she edits all her work -- (some send you raw pics so what you see on their site is all edited work --but thats not what they send you -- you have to pay more for them to actually edit the pics) -- I also opted for a trash the dress session for $200 instead of a longer time at the wedding. I really like the pics of trash the dress!!!

                  Many photographers need you to wire money for deposits. As was the case with Karla (actually she said I could just pay when I got there if I felt uncomfortable wiring money -- but I actually felt more uncomfortable not have my photographer paid and in my mind confirmed/reserved -- even though she said that was not the case) -- Wiring money just seems foreign concept to me. I have had other vendors set up paypal accounts and that was much easier -- plus there is contact between the two of you to track. I asked Karla if it was possible for her to set up a paypal account instead of wiring money -- viola in minutes she was set to go -- and she finds it much eaiser as well!!! I had her send me a request for funds with notes in the merchant notes section detailing what the request was for "deposit $xxx for Nov xxx etc..." so it acts as my reciept. I reccomend if any vendors want you to wire money to ask them to set up a paypal account and they will probably find it very beneficial in dealing with across coutry transactions anyways and you can feel more secure as well!!

                  I am very excited to have my photographer set. Her work looks awsome and she was highly reccomended to me as well!! If anyone is looking for a photographer her site is .: Karla Benitez :. Wedding Photography -- Hey and if you decide to go with her -- tell her I reccomended her -- cant hurt right :) Shay


                  #59 LCBride2007

                  LCBride2007

                    VIP Member

                  • VIP Member
                  • 24,768 posts

                    Posted 19 May 2010 - 09:37 AM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by m1984
                    Hi Shay!

                    When is your wedding date? Based on your recommendations, I contacated Karla and you're spot on! I'm very impressed by her work and prices and yes, she got back to me within the day!

                    My only worry is that when I search this forum, no one else seems to have heard about her. There don't appear to be any reviews. Were you worried about that at all? She fits all my requirements but I just wish she were a little more well known... you say she came highly recommended. Can I ask who recommended her?

                    Any other brides out there that have dealt with Karla?? Any problems? I really appreciate your feedback guys!
                    when I chose my photog no one had heard of her on here either. but i LOVED her work and got a good feeling after talking to her, so i went with it. we got amazing pics for a decent price, and now she's been published in several wedding mags, i probably couldn't afford her!

                    go with your gut.

                    #60 m1984

                    m1984
                    • Newbie
                    • 40 posts

                      Posted 20 May 2010 - 01:09 AM

                      Thanks for the advice! I think I will do that. She just fits the bill perfectly. Hopefully Shay can post a review after to let the rest of us know if she's a hidden gem. I would love to be a bride that could say I knew about her before she got big. Now if only my TA would get back with some quotes so I can book my date already!!!


                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by AnnR
                      when I chose my photog no one had heard of her on here either. but i LOVED her work and got a good feeling after talking to her, so i went with it. we got amazing pics for a decent price, and now she's been published in several wedding mags, i probably couldn't afford her!

                      go with your gut.





                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users