RIU Montego Bay May-August Brides 2013

My wedding is booked for 8/8/13 at the Riu Mobay. We are JUST going to miss you!  So far we have sent out save the dates (no invitations) with a link to our wedding website for booking info.  Vista Print, around $50.  Silk flowers from littlebouquetshop.com (gorgeous flowers!) to be fedexed to the hotel so they don't get smooshed.  I'm super excited!  Just heard back from the coordinator so some decisions need to be made.  I just contacted the hotel photographer today, so waiting to hear back from him.  The finace picked out his linen shirt from islandimporter.com.  Now I just need to find a dress. Good luck in your planning! [/quote
KLCunni- stop stressing! someone else posted a review that i read, and a lot of things made more sense. the girls at the resort do this 3 times a day, every weekend and weekday for a long time. even though they're really slow with responding to emails, they have it all under control. private dinner at the steakhouse is $1,000. beach dinner is $500 for set up and $55 per person for dinner. do you have the extras and optional services price sheet? i can email it to you if you don't have it already. i've heard so many complaints about the flowers being really expensive and not what the brides ordered. (and there is a $250 floral vendor fee) i bought a ton of silk flowers and made my own boquets... they look real and gorgeous. as for photographer, i'm renting a really nice camera and having whoever has the camera take as many pictures as possible. the photographers down there are great, but pretty expensive (from what i've read) let me know if you have any other questions! but YES, i would for the most part (with the exception of flowers) let everything flow.. like i said before they do it ALL the time, and i'm sure have figured out all the little details that we stress about. [/quote Hi im new here ... Where can i find this price sheet your talking bout ?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ordered some beach bags from online Oriental Trading.  They have great prices and lots of selections.

I'm filling them with:

• personalized travel mugs from Factory21 - 50 mugs for $128 plus shipping which I'm going to fill with mints and werther's candy
  • small bottle of sunscreen, SPF lipbalm, travel packs of Ibuprofen from Dollar Tree/Dollar Store
  • mini travel first aid kit from Target for $0.97
  • Tropical scented hand sanitizer from Bath & Body Works 5 for $5.00
  • crystal lite packets & koolaid packets to add to bottled water
  • Snacks from Dollar Tree/Dollar Store - granola bars, Gold fish snack pack, mini Cracker Jacks carmel popcorn, chewing gum
  • mini Cross Word/Suduko/Word Search books from Dollar Store; and pen
  • mini Tropical scented candles from Bath & Body Works - 3 for $10, and additional 20% off with store coupon & personalized match boxes from online site Party Block (100ct for $32.95) - wrapping these 2 items together in an organza bag

We're adding an information package:

• Welcome Letter to our guests 
  • list for each guest containing a list of our guests' room numbers, arrival/departure date
  • schedule of events

We have 16 guests coming so far....can't wait.

I ordered some beach bags from online Oriental Trading.  They have great prices and lots of selections.

I'm filling them with:

• personalized travel mugs from Factory21 - 50 mugs for $128 plus shipping which I'm going to fill with mints and werther's candy
  • small bottle of sunscreen, SPF lipbalm, travel packs of Ibuprofen from Dollar Tree/Dollar Store
  • mini travel first aid kit from Target for $0.97
  • Tropical scented hand sanitizer from Bath & Body Works 5 for $5.00
  • crystal lite packets & koolaid packets to add to bottled water
  • Snacks from Dollar Tree/Dollar Store - granola bars, Gold fish snack pack, mini Cracker Jacks carmel popcorn, chewing gum
  • mini Cross Word/Suduko/Word Search books from Dollar Store; and pen
  • mini Tropical scented candles from Bath & Body Works - 3 for $10, and additional 20% off with store coupon & personalized match boxes from online site Party Block (100ct for $32.95) - wrapping these 2 items together in an organza bag

We're adding an information package:

• Welcome Letter to our guests 
  • list for each guest containing a list of our guests' room numbers, arrival/departure date
  • schedule of events

We're putting some stuff in our guests' luggage.

We have 16 guests coming so far....can't wait.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello ladies! I'm looking at riu montego bay for my wedding in the summer of 2014. I havnt decided when yet. I originally wanted to do my wedding at beaches because it lets me customize everythin online, but its comin out expensive. So I'm lookin at riu now but thwy havnt been much help. And the fact that they don't have a lot of pictures of weddings and wedding stuff it just makes me nervous. I want a private out door receotion of about 40 people I emailed questions but never get direct answers. Any help?

Hello ladies! I'm looking at riu montego bay for my wedding in the summer of 2014. I havnt decided when yet. I originally wanted to do my wedding at beaches because it lets me customize everythin online, but its comin out expensive. So I'm lookin at riu now but thwy havnt been much help. And the fact that they don't have a lot of pictures of weddings and wedding stuff it just makes me nervous. I want a private out door receotion of about 40 people I emailed questions but never get direct answers. Any help?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Ladies! 

I am getting married at the Riu MoBay on August 15th at 4pm.  I was told to send our notorized "ID" (passport and birth certificate) at least a month beforehand.  Has anyone else done this?  Did you just photocopy these documents and have them notorized right on them with a lawyers seal??

For my welcome bags to my guests so far I found these really awesome towel clips that they can use to keep the beach towels from blowing off their chair or can stick them in the sand and put your sunglasses in them, magazines, etc.  Other ideas I have are personalized lip balm, gum, mini bottle or rum (which I will pick up in town when I arrive).  Still thinking on a few other items.

Anyone booking the photographer through the hotel (Best Images)?  Thought the prices were a little expensive and not even sure if that includes actual pictures printed or if that is extra.  Also, anyone know if the pictures on the CD I can just print when I get home (i.e. will they have some sort of stamp on them which makes them unprintable when we get home??).

I am planning on having the semi-private dinner for my 35 guests (give or take a few).  Not exactly sure what type of decorations I should be bringing.  Any suggestion and what are you ladies doing?