87 replies to this topic

#11 LoriGran

LoriGran
  • 339 posts
  • Wedding Date:July 25, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Rivera Maya
  • LocationMexico

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:09 PM

Yay! July 2014 brides!! I like this thread for comparing what we have all done so far...especially because you tend to plan things earlier for DW's than you would a local wedding. Sometimes I think I'm planning crazy early, so this puts things into perspective! lol -ordered my dress -put deposit down on resort & flight -guests put deposit down for group rate -sent out DIY boarding pass STD/Invites (not sure what to call them because they had the date PLUS booking info, resort info, travel dates, website, etc... but NO official return RSVP)  -wedding party confirmed Love to see some lists from other July 2014 brides :)

Ooh wow!! That's awesome good for you!!!! Here I am haven't even decided on a resort yet. Where are you getting married?

#12 Lyman

Lyman
  • 262 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:46 AM

wow JennyAdele - great job on your head start......it's sure to make the rest of it go even better......wishing you all the best, and that you have the most amazing wedding Ever! Cheers :)

#13 JennyAdele

JennyAdele
    • 150 posts
    • Wedding Date:July 2, 2014
    • Wedding Location:Paradisus Punta Cana
    • LocationDominican

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:28 PM

Thanks! I think choosing the resort is the toughest part! After that, it becomes so much easier to picture your event and know exactly what vendors are at your disposal. I am going with Paradisus Punta Cana...it was love at first sight and after months of debating I kept going back to it (just like the dress! hehe). But resorts are totally a personal choice and should reflect your idea of what a dream wedding should look like :)  

Good luck with the resort "shopping"! Hope your find your dream resort soon!

Jenn

Originally Posted by Lori Granados 

Ooh wow!! That's awesome good for you!!!! Here I am haven't even decided on a resort yet. Where are you getting married?

#14 JennyAdele

JennyAdele
    • 150 posts
    • LocationDominican

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:39 PM

Thanks so much! I told myself to hold off planning until the spring 2013...and that idea lasted about 2 days! ha! Been engaged since September so I've had lots of time to do these things WELL in advance..as crazy early as it may be!! Next on the to do list is to book the photographer in the next few months! 

wow JennyAdele - great job on your head start......it's sure to make the rest of it go even better......wishing you all the best, and that you have the most amazing wedding Ever! Cheers :)

#15 Moments That Matter

Moments That Matter

Diamond Vendor

• Insiders
    • 3,074 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:12 AM

Yes, that's a big decision, JennyAdele - but also good to research the ones available to see which one's style you like best + resonates with you both. That way you're ready to book them as soon as you have a firm date.

Best of luck - smooth planning + hoping it all culminates in the perfect wedding celebration you hope for! Enjoy :)

team MTM asst, Lynda :)

MTM%20Logo%202016_zps4tzm05my.png

Moments That Matter Photography , Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Canadian Award Winning Photojournalist serving the Riviera Maya

Email: contact@momentsthatmatterphotography.com

Why we're Ranked #1 ~ Scoop on what we do:  MTM Reviews

Meet Lincoln & Team MTM: "Meet Lincoln" Video + see his Passion!!!

We Offer: 100% Vendor Fee Discount
                          100% Deposit Guarantee

100% Satisfaction Guarantee

#16 LoriGran

LoriGran
      • 339 posts
      • Wedding Date:July 25, 2014
      • Wedding Location:Rivera Maya
      • LocationMexico

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:25 PM

I never thought this would be so difficult. Picking a resort has definitely got to be the hardest part.. please tell me it gets easier!

#17 JennyAdele

JennyAdele
      • 150 posts
      • LocationDominican

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by Lori Granados 

I never thought this would be so difficult. Picking a resort has definitely got to be the hardest part.. please tell me it gets easier!

You literally have the world at your finger tips when it comes to choosing the resort! Definitely not an easy task! Yes, it gets easier once you decide on the resort! At least so far its been the case for me :)

#18 SweetFire

SweetFire
      • Vendor
      • 330 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:06 PM

Hey Ladies!

Lots of little details can be planned in advance and will keep you busy!  If you needs some tips on choosing a resort, check out our great little list:

#19 penamonvie

penamonvie
        • 6 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:13 PM

We are currently booking with Le Reve + Del Sol for July 2014! Haven't done anything else tho, no invites or dress.... there is soo much time left still.. like 1.5 yrs!

#20 Marvandmaya

Marvandmaya
          • 15 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:49 PM

July 2014 here! I booked the Iberostar rosehall suites in Montego Bay Jamaica. And that's about it!! Hahaha. Happy planning ladies 😍

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users