2013 & 2014 Iberostar Laguna Azul, Cuba Brides!

Kay6356

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kay6356 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by alley08 View Post

Sounds like we are on the same schedule. That's awesome.

I forgot to ask you. Did you guys decide on whether or not you are having a reception on the beach?

The cost is more than I thought. With the dinner in the palapas and two hours on the beach it will cost $35/person. Not a ton in the grand scheme of things but I was a bit surprised at the cost.

How are you making out with finalizing things

We are planning on doing the party on the beach for two hours, what we aren't for sure on is the gala set up.  We are having our dinner in at the Cuban restaurant, and with it ending at 8:30 I don't want that to be too much of a break until the disco opens.  The entertainment at the resort is fantastic, but I kind of wanted a different wedding-ish feel that evening.  Because we are doing an AHR (Andrew wants one, I don't)  I really don't want to spend the money on the gala set up or the private party.  Being that the gala will be $675 and the private party $900 for 45 people.  That's a lot of money when were going to be doing an AHR too.. :(  Im a little torn at the moment as to what we will for sure be doing!

As for finalizing things; we are booked for the Cuban on our wedding day.  And other than that I know Giselle will handle everything once we are down there.  

My FI Andrew & I are arguing a bit (which we rarely do).  Mainly about the AHR and his and his groomsmen attire!!!!  ... Is anyone else having little arguments? 

Hey Kay. We are having an AHR or variation of an AHR later on in the year when the weather is nice. We just bought a house that has a huge back yard. So we are going to do an open house kind of thing. Nothing sit down and we won't be wearing our outfits again. You can just come and go as you please. There will be lots of food and drinks and if you can come great and if you don't feel it's necessary or don't care to that's fine too. Just a laid back kind of feel to the day. 

Good to hear that the prices are the same. $15/person for the palapas and $10/person/hour for the party on the beach.

Matt and I rarely argue. I have been making most of the decisions as I have a very specific vision, so sometimes when I'm feeling overwhelmed with things (usually making decisions......I'm horrible at it) I am not overly pleasant and it leads to a mini argument or me feeling resentful. I need to ask for help when I feel like this. I've learned a lot planning this wedding. lol 

I hope you guys work it out and you both get the things you want. 

Quote:

Hey Kay. We are having an AHR or variation of an AHR later on in the year when the weather is nice. We just bought a house that has a huge back yard. So we are going to do an open house kind of thing. Nothing sit down and we won't be wearing our outfits again. You can just come and go as you please. There will be lots of food and drinks and if you can come great and if you don't feel it's necessary or don't care to that's fine too. Just a laid back kind of feel to the day. 

Good to hear that the prices are the same. $15/person for the palapas and $10/person/hour for the party on the beach.

Matt and I rarely argue. I have been making most of the decisions as I have a very specific vision, so sometimes when I'm feeling overwhelmed with things (usually making decisions......I'm horrible at it) I am not overly pleasant and it leads to a mini argument or me feeling resentful. I need to ask for help when I feel like this. I've learned a lot planning this wedding. lol 

Thats exactly what I would love to do.. the house thing, big backyard etc. - but we don't have that option! :(  Something will work, I just needed a little vent I think!!!

Quote:

Thats exactly what I would love to do.. the house thing, big backyard etc. - but we don't have that option! :(  Something will work, I just needed a little vent I think!!!

Well that's what we're here for! Vent away!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolene028 View Post

Kay,

So Troy wanted to have an AHR but here is my argument... we went to a DW about 4 years ago, and we spent a lot of money to go, it was about $4200 for both of us the wedding was in February, then in June they had the AHR and honestly being there it felt like a wedding reception, and when talking to the people that went to Cuba for the wedding, they all kind of felt the way I did which was hey I am glad I spent so much money to go to Cuba for the wedding when they had the reception here... seriously I was insulted, so for me I said to Troy I don't want to insult the people that paid the money to celebrate the day with us, it is a slap in the face... believe it or not when I put it like that he totally agreed with me, I just want it to be something special that we did with the people that chose to be there for us!

If we were to do something I would do something totally casual, like have a party BBQ or something BYOB and just have pictures of the wedding up on a screen or something but I wouldn't wear my dress or have Troy wear his suit!

But that is just my opinion, I totally understand why people have them and to be honest Troy's mom cancelled on us 4 days before final payment, and we still aren't having one! But hey that's just me!  I hope you guys can work something out that is for both of you!

Other than that, Troy and I argue about the small things all the time... not blow up in your face sort of stuff but a little bickering here and there, I think right now because we are both so desperate for a vacation there is nothing to argue about! LOL mostly I have made all the decisions and he has gone along with them, I thought that this would make me mad, but honestly it has been good our only wedding fight was at the beginning when the TA was screwing us around with our prices Troy thought that there should be more that I could do I told him to plan the F***ing wedding and we have been good since LOL

WOW we are only being charged $10 per person for our private party on the beach...

Glad to hear I am not the only one who feels this way!

Nope it is 10/pp and I am bring the email for back up LOL

Yeah I just think to myself if you got married in your city would you then have a party 2 weeks later for the people that couldn't make it... probably not so why should I have a party just because there are people that couldn't come! Like I said I get why people do it but it just isn't for me!

Kay vent away, this is the best place to do it!

Quote:

Quote:

You will definitely find something that will work. Yes vent away. That among other things, is what this website is for!!! Also know that it's totally normal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by csho View Post

I haven't actually made a timeline to hand out... I just wrote one up for myself with every little detail in it lol so I'd have an idea of how the day would look. BUT I do plan on doing up a wedding day and Wedding Week timeline to include in the "Welcome Package" I plan to make once we arrive in Cuba... or more likely I'll hand them out at the airport so I don't have to carry them around. I was actually just looking at some other peoples timelines and am planning on just making one in Word with clip art!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolene028 View Post

Oh do you have a template that you used for the Timeline?? Is this something that you are giving to all your guests?? I would love to see it use it, I have been going back and forth trying to make up my mind on this! Let me know.

thanks

Hi Ladies,

I actually have different templates for the Timeline, if you are interested:  here are a couple

1. for the guests

2. for the girls  and guys

All three of these are posted in the powerpoint file above,

I also have a different style in Word:

I went with the smaller ones, made them into Rack size cards and that way I could add them to my Welcome Kit.

Wedding day timeline.ppt

Girls Timeline - OURS.doc

Guys Timeline - OURS.doc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lydia1120 View Post

Hi Ladies,

I actually have different templates for the Timeline, if you are interested:  here are a couple

1. for the guests

2. for the girls  and guys

All three of these are posted in the powerpoint file above,

I also have a different style in Word:

I went with the smaller ones, made them into Rack size cards and that way I could add them to my Welcome Kit.

Amazing! Thanks Lydia! You must be getting sooooo excited! Ahhh you're leaving so soon!

Wedding day timeline.ppt

Girls Timeline - OURS.doc

Guys Timeline - OURS.doc