Jump to content

Photo

2013 & 2014 Iberostar Laguna Azul, Cuba Brides!


  • Please log in to reply
1080 replies to this topic

#611 alley08

alley08
  • Newbie
  • 123 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 25, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Iberostar Laguna Azul
  • LocationOshawa

Posted 26 August 2013 - 04:33 AM

Originally Posted by jolene028 

Bridesmaid dresses are in! They are way brighter in person but there are here and that is one more thing off the list!

Oh those are so cute. I'm glad it all worked out and you found something you love in the colours you love. Good job!

 

Thanks for the conrats on the dress. I can't wait to pick it up. I may or may not dance around the house. When Matt isn't around that is. lol



#612 alley08

alley08
  • Newbie
  • 123 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 25, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Iberostar Laguna Azul
  • LocationOshawa

Posted 26 August 2013 - 04:35 AM

Originally Posted by Kay6356 

Quote:
Originally Posted by alley08 

WoW. Looks like everyone has been super busy. I love how we are finally getting things done. It feels awesome. Great work girls.

 

I found my dress today!!! I really didn't think I would have that feeling about the one but I do and I couldn't be happier. We also found the bridesmaid dresses as well. I don't have a picture of the girls in it but the link is to the one on the actual Bill Levkoff site.

 

 

WOW Alley, congrats on finding the one, I love the flow of the dress! So stunning :)

Thanks Kay. I'm glad that part of it is over. I feel like I can get moving on some things now. :)



#613 alley08

alley08
  • Newbie
  • 123 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 25, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Iberostar Laguna Azul
  • LocationOshawa

Posted 26 August 2013 - 04:37 AM

Originally Posted by csho 

Hey ladies, I purchased a "reception dress" from Mod Cloth. I love it so much. I plan to wear my wedding dress during the ceremony, dinner, and first dance. Then we will be performing a choreographed salsa dance (since we've been taking salsa lessons for the past two years) and thats when I'll change into this dress! I can't salsa in my wedding dress its too big and heavy. Are you any of you changing into a shorter, lighter dress? I don't feel as bad since I'll get to wear my wedding dress again for our catholic ceremony here the following weekend.

 

This is a gorgeous dress Carina. Perfect for your salsa dance.



#614 csho

csho
  • Sr. Member
  • 1,007 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 5, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Iberostar Laguna Azul, Varadero Cuba
  • LocationHalifax, NS

Posted 26 August 2013 - 04:56 AM

Originally Posted by alley08 

This is a gorgeous dress Carina. Perfect for your salsa dance.


Thanks! I love it! I am thinking of adding small straps to make sure it doesn't accidentally fall down! I am so excited that we're all getting somewhere with our plans! Its so fun!



#615 csho

csho
  • Sr. Member
  • 1,007 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 5, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Iberostar Laguna Azul, Varadero Cuba
  • LocationHalifax, NS

Posted 26 August 2013 - 05:00 AM

Originally Posted by Kay6356 

Thank you :) I will be doing this, wish me luck!!


Kay for the Guest Book banner... I finished it up with my moms help this weekend. We ended up threading twine through the burlap at the top to attach it. It was super easy... kind of made a little hole on one end using a thick needle to thread the twine through and then another on the other end of the square (we taped the end of the twine so it was easier to thread through). We went from front to back, so the majority of the twine was on the back (we did it the opposite way too, but this looked better). And then we just sprayed the squares with hair spray to harden them up a bit and to stop them from fraying... seems to have worked quite well. Let me know how yours turns out!



#616 jolene028

jolene028
  • Member
  • 588 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 13, 2013
  • Wedding Location:Varadero, Cuba

Posted 26 August 2013 - 06:13 AM

Originally Posted by alley08 

Oh those are so cute. I'm glad it all worked out and you found something you love in the colours you love. Good job!

 

Thanks for the conrats on the dress. I can't wait to pick it up. I may or may not dance around the house. When Matt isn't around that is. lol

I know I have had it on about 3 times since I picked it up, its at my moms so anytime I am there without Troy I seem to put it on... I am sure my mom and sister are getting tired of getting me in and out of it, but I can't help it you only really get to wear it once! So I say go for it!



#617 csho

csho
  • Sr. Member
  • 1,007 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 5, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Iberostar Laguna Azul, Varadero Cuba
  • LocationHalifax, NS

Posted 26 August 2013 - 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by jolene028 

I know I have had it on about 3 times since I picked it up, its at my moms so anytime I am there without Troy I seem to put it on... I am sure my mom and sister are getting tired of getting me in and out of it, but I can't help it you only really get to wear it once! So I say go for it!


Hahaha I am the same. Mines actually at my house so I try it on every now and then... Although I have decided now to stop since I don't want it to look worn from trying it on too often. I gained a few lbs actually since I bought it so its a bit snug... so I am now trying to eat healthier and get more exercise in! I don't want to have to do very many alterations to it lol and I certainly DO NOT want to have to have it taken out GASP! loL!



#618 jolene028

jolene028
  • Member
  • 588 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 13, 2013
  • Wedding Location:Varadero, Cuba

Posted 26 August 2013 - 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by csho 


Hahaha I am the same. Mines actually at my house so I try it on every now and then... Although I have decided now to stop since I don't want it to look worn from trying it on too often. I gained a few lbs actually since I bought it so its a bit snug... so I am now trying to eat healthier and get more exercise in! I don't want to have to do very many alterations to it lol and I certainly DO NOT want to have to have it taken out GASP! loL!

Yeah I have put on a few pounds as well, but it still fits well it was a little big when I got it, I had it on at my shower which was last weekend so now I am on a don't gain don't lose diet. its hard in the summer there is a lot of beer consuming which is really bad for you!



#619 Kay6356

Kay6356
  • Member
  • 543 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 24, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Iberostar Laguna Azul
  • LocationVaradero, Cuba

Posted 26 August 2013 - 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by csho 


Kay for the Guest Book banner... I finished it up with my moms help this weekend. We ended up threading twine through the burlap at the top to attach it. It was super easy... kind of made a little hole on one end using a thick needle to thread the twine through and then another on the other end of the square (we taped the end of the twine so it was easier to thread through). We went from front to back, so the majority of the twine was on the back (we did it the opposite way too, but this looked better). And then we just sprayed the squares with hair spray to harden them up a bit and to stop them from fraying... seems to have worked quite well. Let me know how yours turns out!

Thank you csho... how do you plan on attaching it to the table?

Attached Files



#620 Kay6356

Kay6356
  • Member
  • 543 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 24, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Iberostar Laguna Azul
  • LocationVaradero, Cuba

Posted 26 August 2013 - 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by csho 


Hahaha I am the same. Mines actually at my house so I try it on every now and then... Although I have decided now to stop since I don't want it to look worn from trying it on too often. I gained a few lbs actually since I bought it so its a bit snug... so I am now trying to eat healthier and get more exercise in! I don't want to have to do very many alterations to it lol and I certainly DO NOT want to have to have it taken out GASP! loL!

 

Originally Posted by jolene028 

Yeah I have put on a few pounds as well, but it still fits well it was a little big when I got it, I had it on at my shower which was last weekend so now I am on a don't gain don't lose diet. its hard in the summer there is a lot of beer consuming which is really bad for you!

 

My fits differently every time I put it on, it seems.  Small different though.  It fit best when I first tried it on, but I don't need any alterations except length and bustle.  My last fitting is Sept 14th :) :) And the bridesmaid dresses will be in Sept 14th as well, YAY!  Now to get FI and groomsmen out there and dressed, he is such a slacker! Where did your FI get there attire?  And what did they get, I'm looking for a bit of inspiration! Yes the beer drinking needs to calm down a little bit, if I stopped drinking so much of it I would drop at least 10 lbs :/ ahaha






0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users