Photo

2013 & 2014 Iberostar Laguna Azul, Cuba Brides!

• Please log in to reply
1080 replies to this topic

#601 jolene028

jolene028
  • 588 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 13, 2013
  • Wedding Location:Varadero, Cuba

Posted 21 August 2013 - 07:04 AM

Alley, Your dress is amazing congrats on finally picking I knew you would get there.

83 days left until we leave!!! YAY and we had my Shower on Saturday it was so much fun I am so glad I let them do it for me, I didn't want the fuss but we all had a really good time!

#602 csho

csho
  • 1,007 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 5, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Iberostar Laguna Azul, Varadero Cuba
  • LocationHalifax, NS

Posted 21 August 2013 - 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by jolene028 

Alley, Your dress is amazing congrats on finally picking I knew you would get there.

83 days left until we leave!!! YAY and we had my Shower on Saturday it was so much fun I am so glad I let them do it for me, I didn't want the fuss but we all had a really good time!

Omg! You are getting soooooo close! I can't believe it! And that's awesome about your shower! Glad it was fun! Also your bridesmaid dresses are awesome! Where did you get them?

#603 jolene028

jolene028
  • 588 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by csho 

Omg! You are getting soooooo close! I can't believe it! And that's awesome about your shower! Glad it was fun! Also your bridesmaid dresses are awesome! Where did you get them?

The bridesmaid dresses were the worst, I wanted them in that pink and orange and couldn't find them anywhere so finally I just went into every bridal store I could find and I wouldn't even look I just asked if they could do the colors and finally at this tiny bridal store in Calgary called Sunshine Bridal they had about 6 dresses that they could do and this was the cutest and the cheapest so it all worked out!

#604 Kay6356

Kay6356
  • 543 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 24, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Iberostar Laguna Azul
  • LocationVaradero, Cuba

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by alley08 

WoW. Looks like everyone has been super busy. I love how we are finally getting things done. It feels awesome. Great work girls.

I found my dress today!!! I really didn't think I would have that feeling about the one but I do and I couldn't be happier. We also found the bridesmaid dresses as well. I don't have a picture of the girls in it but the link is to the one on the actual Bill Levkoff site.

WOW Alley, congrats on finding the one, I love the flow of the dress! So stunning :)

#605 Kay6356

Kay6356
  • 543 posts
  • LocationVaradero, Cuba

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:11 PM

I cut the burlap 5.5" by 6" in size and then I picked a font on word that I liked and made the size big enough to fit on the square (I used 300 size for the font) but that really depends on which font you use. I just put the square up to my computer to make sure it would fit. Then I printed out the letters for Guestbook on white paper. I also bolded the font so it would be a bit thicker. I cut the paper around the letters so they were about the same size as the burlap pieces and just put the white paper with letter behind it. I was able to see most of the black print through the burlap and just painted over top of it. I hope that makes sense. I was going to cut the letters out and make a stencil but this was way easier!

For paint- I couldn't find a coral colour I liked so I bought a small tester can of house paint in the colour I wanted. For the starfish I used acrylic craft paint. Both of them worked great! Also some of the burlap was crinkled and bent so I just ironed the pieces before painting them on medium heat!

Thank you :) I will be doing this, wish me luck!!

#606 Kay6356

Kay6356
  • 543 posts
  • LocationVaradero, Cuba

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:12 PM

Bridesmaid dresses are in! They are way brighter in person but there are here and that is one more thing off the list!

These are PERFECT! :) Doesn't it feel great checking things off the list!?! Your on a roll girly :)

#607 csho

csho
  • 1,007 posts
  • LocationHalifax, NS

Posted 23 August 2013 - 05:53 AM

Hey ladies, I purchased a "reception dress" from Mod Cloth. I love it so much. I plan to wear my wedding dress during the ceremony, dinner, and first dance. Then we will be performing a choreographed salsa dance (since we've been taking salsa lessons for the past two years) and thats when I'll change into this dress! I can't salsa in my wedding dress its too big and heavy. Are you any of you changing into a shorter, lighter dress? I don't feel as bad since I'll get to wear my wedding dress again for our catholic ceremony here the following weekend.

#608 jolene028

jolene028
  • 588 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 09:03 AM

Hey ladies, I purchased a "reception dress" from Mod Cloth. I love it so much. I plan to wear my wedding dress during the ceremony, dinner, and first dance. Then we will be performing a choreographed salsa dance (since we've been taking salsa lessons for the past two years) and thats when I'll change into this dress! I can't salsa in my wedding dress its too big and heavy. Are you any of you changing into a shorter, lighter dress? I don't feel as bad since I'll get to wear my wedding dress again for our catholic ceremony here the following weekend.

I am not changing, but this is stunning, it would also work for a rehearsal dinner dress or maybe wedding shower where did you get it?

#609 jolene028

jolene028
  • 588 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by Kay6356 

These are PERFECT! :) Doesn't it feel great checking things off the list!?! Your on a roll girly :)

It sure does, I can't believe how fast time is flying now... and I am actually on the ball with only a few things left I plan on doing my last 2 DIYs this weekend I will post pictures if I get them done!

#610 csho

csho
  • 1,007 posts
  • LocationHalifax, NS

Posted 23 August 2013 - 09:39 AM

I am not changing, but this is stunning, it would also work for a rehearsal dinner dress or maybe wedding shower where did you get it?

Thanks! I bought it on ModCloth.com. It was a bit pricier then I wanted to pay for a second dress... but I saw it and was like this is pretty much exactly what I want and I tried hard to find something similar around here, but I couldn't and so I ended up ordering it. But think its nice and I could wear it again or at least get it dyed another colour after the wedding.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users