Photo

2013 & 2014 Iberostar Laguna Azul, Cuba Brides!

• Please log in to reply
1080 replies to this topic

#451 csho

csho
  • 1,007 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 5, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Iberostar Laguna Azul, Varadero Cuba
  • LocationHalifax, NS

Posted 26 June 2013 - 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by Kay6356 

Hi Ladies,

Its been so quiet, I have been super busy working 7 days a week and double shifts.  I am ready to go to NYC tomorrow for a much needed break from work! I hope you are all well and enjoying summer!

Kay xo 

Any new planning???

Have fun Kay!!! By the sounds of it you definitely deserve the break! No new planning for me as we're still away on vacation. But we had our engagement photos done on Monday and I am dying to see them! It was super hot and I was sweating like crazy so I am hoping you won't be able to tell in the photos, but she seemed super excited about some of the photos! She said it would be about 5 weeks before we get them on DVD but she'd send a few teasers to us in the mean time... so I hope they come soon! I can't wait!

Anyway hope all is well with everyone here and that planning is all going smoothly!

#452 csho

csho
  • 1,007 posts
  • LocationHalifax, NS

Posted 02 July 2013 - 06:40 AM

Are you guys bringing table decorations? I can't seem to "focus" myself to decide on what to do for table decor... I find it hard, because I look at all these beautiful images on google or other websites, but know I have to bring everything we want... so I am not really sure what to do!

#453 Kay6356

Kay6356
  • 543 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 24, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Iberostar Laguna Azul
  • LocationVaradero, Cuba

Posted 02 July 2013 - 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by csho 

Are you guys bringing table decorations? I can't seem to "focus" myself to decide on what to do for table decor... I find it hard, because I look at all these beautiful images on google or other websites, but know I have to bring everything we want... so I am not really sure what to do!

I purchased silk flower petals off ebay for very cheap in my wedding colours.  I am sprinkling them down the centre of the table and than just placing shells and starfish on top of them.  Simple and chic if I do say so myself 

#454 Kay6356

Kay6356
  • 543 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 24, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Iberostar Laguna Azul
  • LocationVaradero, Cuba

Posted 02 July 2013 - 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by csho 

Have fun Kay!!! By the sounds of it you definitely deserve the break! No new planning for me as we're still away on vacation. But we had our engagement photos done on Monday and I am dying to see them! It was super hot and I was sweating like crazy so I am hoping you won't be able to tell in the photos, but she seemed super excited about some of the photos! She said it would be about 5 weeks before we get them on DVD but she'd send a few teasers to us in the mean time... so I hope they come soon! I can't wait!

Anyway hope all is well with everyone here and that planning is all going smoothly!

Cannot wait to see your engagement photos!

#455 csho

csho
  • 1,007 posts
  • LocationHalifax, NS

Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:54 AM

Originally Posted by Kay6356 

I purchased silk flower petals off ebay for very cheap in my wedding colours.  I am sprinkling them down the centre of the table and than just placing shells and starfish on top of them.  Simple and chic if I do say so myself 

That sounds nice! I think I have some idea of what I'd like to do now! Probably some smaller vases with flowers inside with ribbon wraped around it in coral and then some votive candles with a starfish attached with raffia. And then of course some more shells etc scattered over the table. Hopefully it will turn out how I envision it!

HOw was your trip to NYC?

#456 jolene028

jolene028
  • 588 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 13, 2013
  • Wedding Location:Varadero, Cuba

Posted 03 July 2013 - 08:21 AM

I am doing the same I got the petals off ebay in my colous and then I bought those "fake" diamonds to put all around the petals, I think it will look good and wont be too heavy to bring down there! I wanted to do sunken orchards or something like that but I dont want to bring down a bunch of stuff they might break!

#457 csho

csho
  • 1,007 posts
  • LocationHalifax, NS

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:21 AM

This is what I am thinking I'd like to do... just not sure how I'll get it all down there lol!

#458 jolene028

jolene028
  • 588 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 07:04 AM

That is a lot of stuff to take down, but if you are set on it then I would ask the bridal party and parents to split it all up and take it down... maybe also think of leaving it there when you are done... it is really pretty thats for sure!

#459 csho

csho
  • 1,007 posts
  • LocationHalifax, NS

Posted 04 July 2013 - 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by jolene028 

That is a lot of stuff to take down, but if you are set on it then I would ask the bridal party and parents to split it all up and take it down... maybe also think of leaving it there when you are done... it is really pretty thats for sure!

Yeah thats the only problem with it... my mom was like umm not going to happen... so I am using it as inspiration and am going to try to make something similar but perhaps a little simpler. I am just so all over the place with this decorations thing! I wish I could just hire a wedding planner for this part! Oh well I am sure I'll figure something out that will work and look beautiful!

#460 jolene028

jolene028
  • 588 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 07:02 AM

I know exactly how you feel, and I had to scale back as well, but I figured you know what we are getting married at one of the worlds top 10 beaches what more of a scene do you need and really anything else may take away from that! It took me awhile to get there but you will as well, a few things to compliment like starfish or seashells but do weigh yourself down with tons of stuff, enjoy the beach and water and perfect sunsets!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users