Photo

2013 & 2014 Iberostar Laguna Azul, Cuba Brides!

• Please log in to reply
1080 replies to this topic

#261 csho

csho
  • 1,007 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 5, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Iberostar Laguna Azul, Varadero Cuba
  • LocationHalifax, NS

Posted 15 April 2013 - 06:33 AM

Originally Posted by jolene028 

Csho, I have been stalking Trip Advisor since I booked my wedding, and time after time people recommend this hotel to people that are seeking a hotel with nice staff, not just the reviews on Trip Advisor but the forums there I wouldnt worry too much about it, I think that every hotel is going to get some bad reviews you cant make everyone happy! Look at my resort it has been ranked number 1 or number 2 forever and there are still some bad reviews, you are going to paradise I am sure that you will be more than happy with your choice!

Originally Posted by Kay6356 

Hi!
We go to Cuba every January, this was our first 5 stars, always 4 stars before. This was by far our best and favourite visit to Cuba because of the grounds and staff. The resort is very well staffed at all times and very nice and helpful, we didn't run into one staff member that wasnt accommodating or nice. We are pretty easy going, but everyone at the resort was raving about the resort. It was the best good we have had in Cuba and the rooms were clean, but basic. Which is fine because like you said we are barely in our room. I have no regrets booking the ILA for our wedding and I truly think you would love it. Giselle is amazing but a very busy women she will make your wedding beautiful! Most of the planning will be when you arrive in Cuba, I know it can be stressful but everything will be beautiful :) The ILA does so many weddings. Hope this helps!
Kay xo

Thanks so much! You guys are so right... I have been to CUba 6 times and have never been upset by our choice in resort (only one I didn't really like- we still had a good time, just that I wouldn't go back to because I didn't find the staff very good... and its not that they were bad but just nothing special) whereas everywhere else I've always found some staff we've connected to. Anyhow thanks so much for helping ease my anxiety over this! I had talked to my mom about it and she was like, you can always change resorts but what happens when a month or two down the road there are bad reviews there... I totally thought I'd be the stress free bride, but that doesn't seem to be the case... but I am going to try and just be flexible and go with the flow otherwise I think I'll go crazy loL! Thanks so much!

#262 Tpogany

Tpogany
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 10:53 AM

I was curious is Alex through the resort? And what is his contact info? Have you looked into any other photographers? Thanks.

Tess

#263 Kay6356

Kay6356
    • 543 posts
    • Wedding Date:January 24, 2014
    • Wedding Location:Iberostar Laguna Azul
    • LocationVaradero, Cuba

Posted 15 April 2013 - 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by csho 

Thanks so much! You guys are so right... I have been to CUba 6 times and have never been upset by our choice in resort (only one I didn't really like- we still had a good time, just that I wouldn't go back to because I didn't find the staff very good... and its not that they were bad but just nothing special) whereas everywhere else I've always found some staff we've connected to. Anyhow thanks so much for helping ease my anxiety over this! I had talked to my mom about it and she was like, you can always change resorts but what happens when a month or two down the road there are bad reviews there... I totally thought I'd be the stress free bride, but that doesn't seem to be the case... but I am going to try and just be flexible and go with the flow otherwise I think I'll go crazy loL! Thanks so much!

Im glad you feel better!  There will always be some bad reviews for any resort ... Like I said you will be very pleased with the ILA.  That's okay I'm sure all of us are going to have stress at points throughout the planning process, I almost had a meltdown before our group rate was secured.  lol, FI calmed me down, and everything worked out and than I felt like a crazy women (bridezilla) lol

#264 jolene028

jolene028
    • 588 posts
    • Wedding Date:November 13, 2013
    • Wedding Location:Varadero, Cuba

Posted 16 April 2013 - 05:51 AM

I think that one of the biggest things about a DW is letting go, and having it be what it is, which I think goes against everything that the world says that we should be doing for our wedding, but I think that if you concentrate on "letting: go that it will all be ok, it is going to be wonderful you are on vacation with sand and sun and these resorts do hundreds of these each year, not to mention that worse comes to worse the drinks are free and you can drink away the pain if you need to!

#265 csho

csho
    • 1,007 posts
    • LocationHalifax, NS

Posted 16 April 2013 - 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by jolene028 

I think that one of the biggest things about a DW is letting go, and having it be what it is, which I think goes against everything that the world says that we should be doing for our wedding, but I think that if you concentrate on "letting: go that it will all be ok, it is going to be wonderful you are on vacation with sand and sun and these resorts do hundreds of these each year, not to mention that worse comes to worse the drinks are free and you can drink away the pain if you need to!

Thats soooo funny you should say that! Thats exactly what Mark said lol! Yeah I have decided to just let it go and be happy with my choice! The resort looks gorgeous.. more people say its amazing then not, so really I think it will be better then I even think it will be! Mark and I aren't that picky, so I think it will be perfect for us! I think sometimes these reviews come from people who are expecting so much more then what Cuba or the caribbean in general offers. Go with the flow it is... for the things I can't control that is hahah!

#266 Jamdrea

Jamdrea
    • 21 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 06:12 AM

Hi ladies,

So we are getting married Dec 3, 2013 in punta cana. I have requested group quotes through a TA who a friend recommended. We are probably going to have between 14-30 ppl coming to the wedding.

Basically the TA gets a group quote which is only valid for 2 weeks (in order to lock in the quote for 90 days everyone has to put down a $200 deposit) Since I'm not sure how many people are actually going to travelling on the same date and same flight I don't want to pay the $200 (plus then are we supposed to ask our guests to re-imburse use the $200?) But if we don't then we don't really have a group rate locked in anymore and I'm not sure when people are booking. Its really frusturating and I don't find the TA very helpful.

Does anyone have the email or phone number for the TA Kelly? Just want to know what you guys are doing that might make the group booking less stressful. Plus I also want to make sure the whole group is in the same building at the resort since its a huge resort.

Thanks

Andrea 

#267 jolene028

jolene028
      • 588 posts
      • Wedding Date:November 13, 2013
      • Wedding Location:Varadero, Cuba

Posted 12 April 2013 - 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by Jamdrea 

Hi ladies,

So we are getting married Dec 3, 2013 in punta cana. I have requested group quotes through a TA who a friend recommended. We are probably going to have between 14-30 ppl coming to the wedding.

Basically the TA gets a group quote which is only valid for 2 weeks (in order to lock in the quote for 90 days everyone has to put down a $200 deposit) Since I'm not sure how many people are actually going to travelling on the same date and same flight I don't want to pay the $200 (plus then are we supposed to ask our guests to re-imburse use the $200?) But if we don't then we don't really have a group rate locked in anymore and I'm not sure when people are booking. Its really frusturating and I don't find the TA very helpful.

Does anyone have the email or phone number for the TA Kelly? Just want to know what you guys are doing that might make the group booking less stressful. Plus I also want to make sure the whole group is in the same building at the resort since its a huge resort.

Thanks

Andrea 

Myself and my FI had to each pay a $150 deposit and then the tour company held 90 seats for 30 days so I sent out invites to have everyone pay their deposit, my TA was awesome, she will also send requests to have all my guests stay close together, also the WC at the resort asked me to send her a list of everone attending once I have the final list and she will give the list to the reservation department.

It was still stressful, but I found that having everyone use the TA that it was a little less because then she could provide me with updates of who has and hasnt booked... I purposly didnt go with a TA becasue they wanted us to pay a group deposit to hold the seats and we didnt want to be out of pocket for all that money so that wouldnt be my advise, also the people (there werent many) that booked on their own was frustrating especially now because they have changed our flights, so I had to contact those people on my own to let them know that our wedding date had changed! A good TA is going to make it all less stressful, so if you dont like yours then switch before it is too late!

#268 csho

csho
      • 1,007 posts
      • LocationHalifax, NS

Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:44 AM

Hi ladies,

Thanks

Andrea 

We are flying with Sunwing and its very similar to Jolene. My fiance and I are putting fown $150 each and that holds 30 seats for 90 days. So our guests can put down their deposit within those 90 days and then they will have locked in the group price and final payment is just a few months before we leave! From my understanding as long as we have 10 people we qualify for the group rate, but don't have to use all those 30 seats. They just hold it for that many just in case.

I have been using Kelly and she has been amazing. Her email is kneonakis@travelonly.com. I definitely recommend using her!

#269 alley08

alley08
      • 123 posts
      • Wedding Date:January 25, 2014
      • LocationOshawa

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by csho 

We are flying with Sunwing and its very similar to Jolene. My fiance and I are putting fown $150 each and that holds 30 seats for 90 days. So our guests can put down their deposit within those 90 days and then they will have locked in the group price and final payment is just a few months before we leave! From my understanding as long as we have 10 people we qualify for the group rate, but don't have to use all those 30 seats. They just hold it for that many just in case.

I have been using Kelly and she has been amazing. Her email is kneonakis@travelonly.com. I definitely recommend using her!

We are flying with Sunwing as well and very similar too. My travel agent is awesome. I absolutely love her. She is down to earth and very friendly and informative. She will also work with you so your guests can pay monthly through her if they want. She also gives me updates on who has booked. If you want her information it is Sherri Cleary and her email is sherricleary@gmail.com

Hope this helps and good luck!

#270 Kay6356

Kay6356
      • 543 posts
      • Wedding Date:January 24, 2014
      • LocationVaradero, Cuba

Posted 12 April 2013 - 12:50 PM

Hi ladies,

Thanks

Andrea 

Hi Andrea,

Kelly is our travel agent as well, and she is AMAZING!  You will not be disappointed with her.  For our group rate we had the same, we put down our deposits of $150 which saved 30 seats for 90 days. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users