Jump to content

Photo

2013 & 2014 Iberostar Laguna Azul, Cuba Brides!


  • Please log in to reply
1080 replies to this topic

#991 csho

csho
  • Sr. Member
  • 1,007 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 5, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Iberostar Laguna Azul, Varadero Cuba
  • LocationHalifax, NS

Posted 28 November 2013 - 04:42 AM

Well ladies, 58 days till the wedding day!  Im a HUGE slacker,  Im headed to the states for our anal girls black friday shopping.  When I get home I have to stay focused and get the DIY stuff done.  I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! xo Kay

Have fun this weekend!!! And I am sure you'll be super focused once you get back! Do you have time off over Christmas? Its a good time to get some DIY stuff done (if you have the supplies already!).

#992 Lydia1120

Lydia1120
  • Site Supporter
  • 406 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 20, 2013
  • Wedding Location:Varadero, Cuba
  • LocationCobourg, Ontario

Posted 28 November 2013 - 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kay6356 
 

Wow Lydia, the TTD photo is absolutely stunning! The video is amazing, now I'm a creeper too 


Lydia what was your guestbook? I remember seeing it in a photo, and thinking it was cool, but can't remember... I still don't have a guestbook... I was planning on using a photobook with our engagement photos... I actually have it created already just waiting to see what other ideas there might be.

I made a 2014 Calendar with our Engagement pictures then made a sign asking people to sign on their date of birth! I am going to buy birthday cards and in 2014 will send everyone a b-day card! :-) Thought it was a cute idea and everyone LOVED it, thought it was so original.  Also really light for travelling...here is a picture

 

*

The little viles to the left are filled with sand from Varadero beach and are the table seating.  Everyone also loved those :-)


17 Years in the Making....and we love each other more now then ever!
Post Wedding Items for Sale: http://www.bestdesti...various-items/ 

Wedding Dance Mash Up Video -  https://www.youtube....h?v=80jO9-B_BVI


#993 Lydia1120

Lydia1120
  • Site Supporter
  • 406 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 20, 2013
  • Wedding Location:Varadero, Cuba
  • LocationCobourg, Ontario

Posted 28 November 2013 - 06:07 AM

here is a better picture of the seating viles


17 Years in the Making....and we love each other more now then ever!
Post Wedding Items for Sale: http://www.bestdesti...various-items/ 

Wedding Dance Mash Up Video -  https://www.youtube....h?v=80jO9-B_BVI


#994 csho

csho
  • Sr. Member
  • 1,007 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 5, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Iberostar Laguna Azul, Varadero Cuba
  • LocationHalifax, NS

Posted 28 November 2013 - 07:06 AM

I ordered my starfish online then I bought the pins at Michaels and made them into them Boutonniere’s myself...I had 100 so ALL the men got one and I put some on my cake as well. I made a 2014 Calendar with our Engagement pictures then made a sign asking people to sign on their date of birth! I am going to buy birthday cards and in 2014 will send everyone a b-day card! :-) Thought it was a cute idea and everyone LOVED it, thought it was so original.  Also really light for travelling...here is a picture * The little viles to the left are filled with sand from Varadero beach and are the table seating.  Everyone also loved those :-)

Such a cute idea for the guestbook! I was actually just looking at making a 2014 calendar with our engagement photos! Shutterfly had free ones lol! I guess it wouldn't work quite as well though since our wedding is in the middle of the year lol! But I love it! And your bottles with sand was also an awesome idea! I wish I had of thought of that before I bought escort cards... although we still could use the escort cards and attach the bottle filled with sand which would help me with problem of the cards blowing away! Where did you find the little bottles?

#995 csho

csho
  • Sr. Member
  • 1,007 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 5, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Iberostar Laguna Azul, Varadero Cuba
  • LocationHalifax, NS

Posted 28 November 2013 - 07:08 AM

Lydia one other question - did people bring you cards? I was debating whether I should bring something for cards but I don't want to assume people will and have something there and then no one does and then they feel bad or anything?

#996 Lydia1120

Lydia1120
  • Site Supporter
  • 406 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 20, 2013
  • Wedding Location:Varadero, Cuba
  • LocationCobourg, Ontario

Posted 28 November 2013 - 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by csho 

Lydia one other question - did people bring you cards? I was debating whether I should bring something for cards but I don't want to assume people will and have something there and then no one does and then they feel bad or anything?

 

Yes, I had about 12 cards in the box...I actually gave it to Aire De Fiesta for them to re-use...she loved loved it and was very appreciative.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by csho 


Such a cute idea for the guestbook! I was actually just looking at making a 2014 calendar with our engagement photos! Shutterfly had free ones lol! I guess it wouldn't work quite as well though since our wedding is in the middle of the year lol! But I love it!

And your bottles with sand was also an awesome idea! I wish I had of thought of that before I bought escort cards... although we still could use the escort cards and attach the bottle filled with sand which would help me with problem of the cards blowing away!

Where did you find the little bottles?

I ordered them on ebay...how many in your group? I have some left (think about 12, but I'll have to check).


17 Years in the Making....and we love each other more now then ever!
Post Wedding Items for Sale: http://www.bestdesti...various-items/ 

Wedding Dance Mash Up Video -  https://www.youtube....h?v=80jO9-B_BVI


#997 csho

csho
  • Sr. Member
  • 1,007 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 5, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Iberostar Laguna Azul, Varadero Cuba
  • LocationHalifax, NS

Posted 28 November 2013 - 08:21 AM

Yes, I had about 12 cards in the box...I actually gave it to Aire De Fiesta for them to re-use...she loved loved it and was very appreciative. I ordered them on ebay...how many in your group? I have some left (think about 12, but I'll have to check).

Oh awesome! Maybe I'll just bring a nice gift bag or something to have there in case! I have about 40 people so far going so I'll need a few more then that, but I did check on ebay and you can get them pretty cheap! Thanks!

#998 jolene028

jolene028
  • Member
  • 588 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 13, 2013
  • Wedding Location:Varadero, Cuba

Posted 28 November 2013 - 11:39 AM

Ladies, I am back from the most amazing 2 weeks of my whole life... the weather, wedding and company was all I could ask for it was perfect! Thank you for the warm wishes!

 

Lydia, everything looked amazing from the pictures you posted!

 

Here are a few pictures....

 

 

 

 

 

I know that I was married at another resort but I think that Cuba has weddings down to an art... don't stress about anything they will figure out something to fix anything, when we woke up it was pouring... but it stopped with plenty of time for the ceremony and then started again after dinner so they moved our reception into the disco and we had just as much fun there! the one biggest piece of advise that I can give is don't sweat the small stuff and take it all in the day went by in a blur!!!



#999 Lydia1120

Lydia1120
  • Site Supporter
  • 406 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 20, 2013
  • Wedding Location:Varadero, Cuba
  • LocationCobourg, Ontario

Posted 28 November 2013 - 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolene028 
 

Ladies, I am back from the most amazing 2 weeks of my whole life... the weather, wedding and company was all I could ask for it was perfect! Thank you for the warm wishes!

 

Lydia, everything looked amazing from the pictures you posted!

 

Here are a few pictures....

 

 

 

 

 

I know that I was married at another resort but I think that Cuba has weddings down to an art... don't stress about anything they will figure out something to fix anything, when we woke up it was pouring... but it stopped with plenty of time for the ceremony and then started again after dinner so they moved our reception into the disco and we had just as much fun there! the one biggest piece of advise that I can give is don't sweat the small stuff and take it all in the day went by in a blur!!!

Jolene, I was patiently waiting for you to post!  Congratulations and I totally agree with your advice. Don't sweat the small stuff and try to take it all in...I'm so glad that I had a videographer because I was overwhelmed with emotion on the day so it is a bit of a blur.        LOVE the picture of you guys laughing xo


17 Years in the Making....and we love each other more now then ever!
Post Wedding Items for Sale: http://www.bestdesti...various-items/ 

Wedding Dance Mash Up Video -  https://www.youtube....h?v=80jO9-B_BVI


#1000 csho

csho
  • Sr. Member
  • 1,007 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 5, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Iberostar Laguna Azul, Varadero Cuba
  • LocationHalifax, NS

Posted 29 November 2013 - 04:33 AM

Ladies, I am back from the most amazing 2 weeks of my whole life... the weather, wedding and company was all I could ask for it was perfect! Thank you for the warm wishes! Lydia, everything looked amazing from the pictures you posted! Here are a few pictures.... I know that I was married at another resort but I think that Cuba has weddings down to an art... don't stress about anything they will figure out something to fix anything, when we woke up it was pouring... but it stopped with plenty of time for the ceremony and then started again after dinner so they moved our reception into the disco and we had just as much fun there! the one biggest piece of advise that I can give is don't sweat the small stuff and take it all in the day went by in a blur!!!

Ahhhhh! Finally! I've been waiting not so patiently lol! I was so excited to see your post this morning!!! You looked sooo beautiful! And I love the ruffle dress on the beach! Looks awesome! Looks like you guys had a wonderful time! Glad the weather held up for your wedding!!! Congratulations!!!!




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users