2013 & 2014 Iberostar Laguna Azul, Cuba Brides!

Kay6356

Originally Posted by Kay6356 View Post

I am bringing silk flower petals in my colours to be sprinkled down the centre of the tables, and pencil starfish to be placed on the tables as well.  As for our reception, I think we are going to do the Cuban, but I recently saw pictures of a reception in the tex mex and I like that area as well.  For the private reception, were hoping for a beach party depending on weather.  For salsa dancing you will deff. need that dance floor!

Ohhh sounds so nice! I think I am going to bring chair sashes and table runners in coral... Jolene where did you order your sashes from? Also I think I am going to bring some starfish and shells for the tables and maybe some votive or tea light candles. I don't think I'll decorate the disco as it seems to look pretty nice as is. And maybe we can just put some of the decorations from the dinner tables on the tables at the disco. But I am not really too concerned with that one!

I hope our flights don't change... but I know Sunwing (who we are lfying with) has been flying on wednesdays, thrusdays, and fridays from Halifax almost always so I don't think it should change too much (hopefully!) cause I have had some people already hvae to book off the time, because their vacations bids are done in April/May for the following year!

I got the chair sashes from another bride on here! with shipping worked out cheaper then I can find them anywhere!

I think that I am going to do silk petals, and hopefully those flat bottom rocks or those diamonds (they sell them at michaels) maybe some tealights not 100% sure!

We had some guests that had already booked their vacation, but this actually works out better because now we are leaving on Rememberace Day so most people get that day off so one less vacation day!

Originally Posted by jolene028 View Post

Kay,

When I originally booked November 2012 my travel agent let me know that flight schedules dont come out until about 6 months before so when you book travel more that 6 months ahead of time you are doing what is called a Pre Registration with the tour company, but then at around the 6 month mark the tour companies schedule with their airline (sunwing, airtransat they use their planes plus some other companies as well) so thats when everything gets firmed up... she said that prior to this they use the current year as a guide but then when they are firming everything up they will look to see how many people flew that day and some other stuff. She told me that it may stay the same and it may change. So at least knowing that it could happen I was a little more prepared when it did happen it wasnt a total freak out just a little hiccup and all my guests knew too so they werent really that surprised either. She told me that AirCanada and WestJet it doesnt happen as often because they use all their own planes but she said that wasnt 100% guarantee either so to spend the extra money wasnt worth it.

Thanks Jolene,

I hope mine doesn't change either, we are flying with Sunwing from Toronto and they're are flights everyday of the week out of Toronto, fingers crossed!  We are leaving the day before all of guests, I hope neither change! ahhhhh 

Originally Posted by Kay6356 View Post

Thanks Jolene,

I hope mine doesn't change either, we are flying with Sunwing from Toronto and they're are flights everyday of the week out of Toronto, fingers crossed!  We are leaving the day before all of guests, I hope neither change! ahhhhh 

Yeah I knew that, but my guests from Toronto is what I am the most upset about they are now leaving on the Saturday before us so they are leaving Cuba 2 days before us! they were leaving on a Thursday like us and now they are doing Saturdays! Oh well!

I will keep my fingers crossed that everything works out and that they dont change your flights!

Originally Posted by csho View Post

Thats soooo funny you should say that! Thats exactly what Mark said lol! Yeah I have decided to just let it go and be happy with my choice! The resort looks gorgeous.. more people say its amazing then not, so really I think it will be better then I even think it will be! Mark and I aren't that picky, so I think it will be perfect for us! I think sometimes these reviews come from people who are expecting so much more then what Cuba or the caribbean in general offers. Go with the flow it is... for the things I can't control that is hahah!

I got my dates changed on my Map and Luggage Tages, he did it for free which is awesome I totally would have paid him for it! Thanks for reminding me!

Originally Posted by jolene028 View Post

I got my dates changed on my Map and Luggage Tages, he did it for free which is awesome I totally would have paid him for it! Thanks for reminding me!

Oh yay! I am so happy for you! I had just been looking through all the photos on the thread for ideas and when I saw the map I was like oh no I hope Jolene didn't already print it off!!!

I am so excited I just made my first Vistaprint purchase! I bought business cards for 10$ (free shipping) and am going to use the business cards and put them into luggage tags! They are so cute! So excited! hahaha who knew little things like these would be so exciting lol!

I am getting married at the ILA as well. Jan 25 2014. I am bringing decorations. I have also requested the palapas and we are going to have our dance on the beach. I'm going to bring some small stand up lanterns for the tables and some chinese lanterns to hang. I'm planning on hanging those for the dinner set up.  I am also bringing sparklers with little notes attached to them, bubbles and maybe even candy for a small candy bar. There are some other things in the works but just in the beginning stages of planning all of that. I have heard reviews that you don't always get your decorations back so don't bring anything you aren't willing to part with.

Originally Posted by alley08 View Post

I am getting married at the ILA as well. Jan 25 2014. I am bringing decorations. I have also requested the palapas and we are going to have our dance on the beach. I'm going to bring some small stand up lanterns for the tables and some chinese lanterns to hang. I'm planning on hanging those for the dinner set up.  I am also bringing sparklers with little notes attached to them, bubbles and maybe even candy for a small candy bar. There are some other things in the works but just in the beginning stages of planning all of that. I have heard reviews that you don't always get your decorations back so don't bring anything you aren't willing to part with.

Ohh so exciting! Sounds like it will be sooo nice! Yeah or I guess just make sure you have someone who will pick up the decorations after the dinner! How are you bringing the sparklers? I wanted to bring them as well... but I am pretty sure its illegal to bring them on the plane as they are flammable...

I am so excited I just made my first Vistaprint purchase! I bought business cards for 10$ (free shipping) and am going to use the business cards and put them into luggage tags! They are so cute! So excited! hahaha who knew little things like these would be so exciting lol! LL
These are awesome great job! And $10 you cant go wrong!!!