2013 & 2014 Iberostar Laguna Azul, Cuba Brides!

Kay6356

I get you!  At first there is SO SO much to think about.... picking the resort, picking a travel agent,etc, etc, etc, etc !!! Once all the basics are figured out, you can focus on the DIY projects, so much fun :) Soon I am going to be doing example pictures for how I would like the dinner tables set up, the guest book table, etc. - once I do these I will share them :) I am worried about one thing and that is the music... we have a song for the bridesmaids to walk down the aisle to, than another one for my dad and I to walk down to, signing song (which I'm not too worried weather this happens or not), and a recessional song.  Also we have choose songs for our entrances, first dance, father/daughter dance, cake cutting.  This is the main thing I am worried about at this stage.....
I don't think I am going to worry to much about music. I am planning on using the Cuban Trio for the ceremony. I honestly cannot be bothered to pick songs and although my FI likes music I pretty much like the Top 40 and we don't really have any special songs that mean anything to us... our first dance song is called "Yo No Se Manana" which means "I don't know about tomorrow" haha basically the song is about a one night stand... it makes me laugh everytime I think about it! Pretty sure thats probably the worst wedding dance song ever! But its an awesome salsa song and we've choreographed a salsa dance to it (or our dance teacher did lol). And no one but my mom and sister who speak Spanish and the Cubans will know anyway lol! We've also decided to cut the father/daughter and mother/son dance... none of us really wanted to do it - so we nixed that! I also am not sure yet if we'll do a "grand" entrance or not... but if we do I'll choose a song for that and then I do think I'll make up a cd list for the disco party because I know there will be some songs I'll want to have played forsure. As for the dinner I think I'll just let them play whatever they want.

I'm worried about music too! We have a Bose speaker which we plan to bring with us so we can play music through this if needed. Do you know if they have anything set up on the terrace already to play music through? Love that you're personalizing so many elements of the night with songs that mean something...we actually met at HMV when we were both in school so music will definitely be a big part of our day too :) 
I think they have speakers that they can hook an ipod up to or a cd... but don't quote me on it. I know other people who have used a Bose speaker system and said that it worked pretty well. I am sure they will have something but I'd bring something as back up just in case if you are super set on certain songs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by csho View Post

I think they have speakers that they can hook an ipod up to or a cd... but don't quote me on it. I know other people who have used a Bose speaker system and said that it worked pretty well. I am sure they will have something but I'd bring something as back up just in case if you are super set on certain songs.

They do have speakers and whatnot set up at the ceremony site, and have someone from the entertainment crew controlling it.  Im just worried about it getting messes up or something.  I'm sure everything will go fine.  :)   

I did notice that there were speakers in the corners of the palapas. Giselle had sent me an email regarding this. I've posted it below

Dear Alisha:

There are 4 Palapas, each one can fit 16 people making 2 tables of 8 people

each(4 people per side). At the price of the dinner at the Palapas(15.0CUC x person), is included the chairs with white covers and decoration of the place). At the Palapas and beach party is included the open bar and Dj with music equipment.

Best regards

Giselle

There is a sound system for the terrace as well. I've heard many past brides speak of this.

We aren't doing special dances either. We may even cut out the garter toss and the bouquet toss.

We are walking down the aisle to Marry me by Train, our first dance is Smile by Uncle Kracker, we are going to do a last dance song, Lucky by Jason Mraz and Colbie Caillait. Those are the only songs we have decided on. Our list for dinner music is below. Some of them mean something to us some of them are just nice songs.

You and Me- Dave Matthews Band

I'm yours - Jason Mraz

At last - Etta James

A thousand years - Christina Perri

Mr. Jones - Counting Crows (we are HUGE fans)

Forever - Ben Harper

1,2,3,4 - Plain White T's

I wont' give up - Jason Mraz

Crazy love - Van Morrison

Forever and ever Amen - Randy Travis

Weak - SWV

It's a very weird mix up of music but we love it. lol

I'm going to put it on CD as well as an ipod just to cover all of the basis. Giselle has confirmed that putting them on a CD will definitely work.

The bose speaker is a great idea. We will be doing this as well just in case.

Happy day before your wedding Lydia!!!!! I hope everything is going well and that all your plans are set for tomorrow!!!! Can't wait to hear about your experience!!

Sooo crazy! Seems like yesterday we were all waiting forever for our weddings to come around and now already 2 people are getting married! Kay and Alley you guys are coming up next!! Ugh mine still feels so far away and I have been slacking a bit on the planning... or more so the diy stuff I need to get done... Maybe this weekend I can get some stuff done :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by csho View Post

Sooo crazy! Seems like yesterday we were all waiting forever for our weddings to come around and now already 2 people are getting married! Kay and Alley you guys are coming up next!! Ugh mine still feels so far away and I have been slacking a bit on the planning... or more so the diy stuff I need to get done... Maybe this weekend I can get some stuff done :)

I know... it has FLOWN by, I've slaked so much and now I feel like I have so much to do.  But everything will get done for sure :)  Stag and Doe this weekend... Alley how was yours this past weekend?  After the stag and doe, I need to finish all wedding stuff and start figuring out the AHR, invitations for that need to go out in December.  Sometimes between the DW, stag and doe and AHR I feel like I have planned a bunch of weddings lol.  And CSHO try and get as much out of the way now, I was always like oh I'm good I have time and than the time has just flown by, feels like summer was last week and now November is almost over!!!!

I know... it has FLOWN by, I've slaked so much and now I feel like I have so much to do.  But everything will get done for sure :)  Stag and Doe this weekend... Alley how was yours this past weekend?  After the stag and doe, I need to finish all wedding stuff and start figuring out the AHR, invitations for that need to go out in December.  Sometimes between the DW, stag and doe and AHR I feel like I have planned a bunch of weddings lol.  And CSHO try and get as much out of the way now, I was always like oh I'm good I have time and than the time has just flown by, feels like summer was last week and now November is almost over!!!!
I know! I am planning on trying to get most of diy stuff finished by January... I know there will be a lot more stuff to do come the New Year. We'll actually have to plan our ceremony here then and since we are getting legally married in the catholic church we have to marriage lessons... that should be fun lol! So I think Jan-May are going to fly right by and I hate being stressed out, so might as well finish it up and not have to worry about it! We also decided yesterday that we are just going to do a dessert table for our wedding here, but now I have a bunch of diy ideas for that as well and not to mention I have to figure what to buy/make for the dessert table... luckily I have a friend who owns a dessert restaurant so she's going to help me out with picking our some desserts and décor ideas... shes so good at that stuff so that will be really helpful!

I agree. I have said countless times, "oh there is lots of time". Now it is just about two months away!! Ahhhh I can't wait though.

Our jack and jill was a great success. It was very overwhelming to see the love and support from our families and friends. Everything went well. We had a ton of food left over and donated it to a local men's shelter. It was a fabulous night. My only regret was not having a DJ. I would definitely try and find a friend who does this or is at least willing to man the music all night. There wasn't much dancing because of this. It was still a great time.

So you remember the story about me posting an ad on the internet trying to find my photographer.......well I was a little worried because we had not met her yet. Her and her husband came to the J & J. It was sooo nice to meet them and they are very down to earth people like us so that's perfect. We mesh very well and I can't wait to work with them. Glad that worked out well. I was a little worried. I'm hoping she will send me some of the pictures she took. I didn't take any :(

Flowers will be in next week. Very excited to see how they turned out.

The bridesmaids dresses are in. We are going next Thursday to try them on and get all set for the alterations.

Kay have you purchased your wedding bands yet? That's one thing we have left to do. Then a bunch of smaller things and we should be good to go!

Carina. I LOVE dessert tables. I can't wait to see all of your DIY stuff.