2013 & 2014 Iberostar Laguna Azul, Cuba Brides!

Kay6356

Originally Posted by alley08 View Post

Hey Kay. How are you doing? 

Try Etsy. You can get regular puzzle pieces for a good price. The wood ones are very expensive. There are sites as well where you can take a picture of yourselves and turn it into a puzzle and have everyone sign or leave a msg on the backside that is blank. I also loved the idea of people signing or leaving a msg on a Jenga piece. I might do that instead. It's bad when I have too many options! lol 

Hope all is well Kay talk soon xo

Hi Alisha, thank you for the info. - I know I have 3 different ideas for the guest book so far...... lol.  For now I think I am going to work on doing all the bouquets, bout.'s & corsages, as I have been lazy lately and I really want to complete some DIY projects before my second job starts up on May. 11th!!!!

I am stuck on how to store the flowers once they're completed, I don't want them to get indented, dusty, etc. mmmmhmmm....

Hope all is well :)

Kay xo

ladies, I love that we are all here to help each other, and give support! Here is my pre-travel brochure that I am going to send with two luggage tags in probably August, it has been a labour of love but now I need suggestions, comments and proof reading! So let me know what you think, be honest I am to close to it now to make hard choices!!!

Thanks in advace!

PRE-TRAVEL BROCHURE.docx

Originally Posted by Kay6356 View Post

Hi Alisha, thank you for the info. - I know I have 3 different ideas for the guest book so far...... lol.  For now I think I am going to work on doing all the bouquets, bout.'s & corsages, as I have been lazy lately and I really want to complete some DIY projects before my second job starts up on May. 11th!!!!

I am stuck on how to store the flowers once they're completed, I don't want them to get indented, dusty, etc. mmmmhmmm....

Hope all is well :)

Kay xo

Don't worry Kay I need to step up my game as well. My girlfriend is getting married in Jamaica (actually she is probably on the plane now headed there) and she got her flowers done at the Pickering flea market. They are your colours and kind of what you were after. I thought of you when she showed me actually. She got them done at the Pickering flea market. They are gorgeous and she only paid $200 for everything. I'm not sure how many bouquets she got but they did her bout's & corsages as well. I know you do have some flowers already but if you want to save yourself the work I'm sure you can always sell that on ebay or one of these wedding websites. Let me know if you are interested and I can get you pictures when they get back. Who knows they might even bring theirs back in good shape and you could get them half price. No pressure just thought I'd share.

Also you could put them together and then get those styrofoam blocks and stick the stems in there to hold them upright and then cover them in a plastic bag or garbage bag and store them in a dry spot in your house.

Did I tell you we just bought a house!!! Eeeek so much going on at the same time. Our dog is getting fixed we are planning a trip to Myrtle Beach. Too busy for the wedding stuff. bahahaha!

Talk soon xo

Alley,

it does sound like you have a lot going on... but thats fun it will help the time pass by faster!

kay I was thinking along those lines, a vase and then wrap them in plastic, or maybe one of those dust bags you get when you buy a new bag... that would probably work really well!

Originally Posted by alley08 View Post

Don't worry Kay I need to step up my game as well. My girlfriend is getting married in Jamaica (actually she is probably on the plane now headed there) and she got her flowers done at the Pickering flea market. They are your colours and kind of what you were after. I thought of you when she showed me actually. She got them done at the Pickering flea market. They are gorgeous and she only paid $200 for everything. I'm not sure how many bouquets she got but they did her bout's & corsages as well. I know you do have some flowers already but if you want to save yourself the work I'm sure you can always sell that on ebay or one of these wedding websites. Let me know if you are interested and I can get you pictures when they get back. Who knows they might even bring theirs back in good shape and you could get them half price. No pressure just thought I'd share.

Also you could put them together and then get those styrofoam blocks and stick the stems in there to hold them upright and then cover them in a plastic bag or garbage bag and store them in a dry spot in your house.

Did I tell you we just bought a house!!! Eeeek so much going on at the same time. Our dog is getting fixed we are planning a trip to Myrtle Beach. Too busy for the wedding stuff. bahahaha!

Talk soon xo

Hi Alisha,

I WOULD love to see pictures for sure and possibly get her contact.  I do want to DIY, but may possibly need a back up plan due to time.  So totally interested :)

I think I am going to put each one in a vase in a rubbermaid tote.  We don't have a lot of extra space right now.

CONGRATS on the house, that make me SO SO happy for you.  Also kind of envy you as well lol.  We are buying a house the summer or fall after we get married, I can't wait to get into our own house and have space.  We currently live with my father and two brother... what a crazy household :/ !!!! Again SO happy for you! <3

Myrtle Beach sounds fun... this summer we will be taking a weeks vacation to Montreal to see family, can't wait.  I am also kind of hoping to take a vacation to the ILA or Cuba in general with girlfriends to just chill out.  Don't know how that would go over with my love as he thinks he needs to be there to keep me in line lol and not drink too much. ahahaha. We shall see :)

Kay xo

Originally Posted by jolene028 View Post

Alley,

it does sound like you have a lot going on... but thats fun it will help the time pass by faster!

kay I was thinking along those lines, a vase and then wrap them in plastic, or maybe one of those dust bags you get when you buy a new bag... that would probably work really well!

Hi Jolene,

Good call on the vase idea, I think that's what I decided on!  Dust bags for a new bag... well I have quite a few of those, lol! .... yes I have a purse problem :)

ladies, I love that we are all here to help each other, and give support! Here is my pre-travel brochure that I am going to send with two luggage tags in probably August, it has been a labour of love but now I need suggestions, comments and proof reading! So let me know what you think, be honest I am to close to it now to make hard choices!!!

Thanks in advace!

Ohh I am sooo excited to take a look through it!! I will go through it on MOnday when I have some more time... but I also wanted to update I think I found my gown! I am going to a couple more places tomorrow just to make sure, but it was the first dress that I did not want to have to take off!!! If I decide to go with it I'll post a picture after the weekend!!!! ekkk so excited!

PRE-TRAVEL BROCHURE.docx

Thanks in advace!

GREAT job Jolene! They look wonderful.... I didn't see any errors! :)

PRE-TRAVEL BROCHURE.docx

Originally Posted by csho View Post

Ohh I am sooo excited to take a look through it!! I will go through it on MOnday when I have some more time... but I also wanted to update I think I found my gown! I am going to a couple more places tomorrow just to make sure, but it was the first dress that I did not want to have to take off!!! If I decide to go with it I'll post a picture after the weekend!!!! ekkk so excited!

YAY! I cannot wait to see it csho! make sure to post a picture for us to see :)  Last saturday I took my dress in for its first alterations and my bridesmaids ordered their dresses!  I went to Windsor Bridal in Toronto.... they were great there!

Hello!!! Soo its official I have found my dress!!!! I can't believe it! I tried on so many dresses and although they were all beautiful, I didn't feel like any of them were the one until I tried this dress on! I didn't even have it all the way on and I knew! I went dress shopping the next day as we had already planned on going with my future MIL. And went back to try the dress on and fell in love with it even more!!! It just is so my personality I love it soo much lol! Anyhow here it is!