2013 & 2014 Iberostar Laguna Azul, Cuba Brides!

Kay6356

Originally Posted by jolene028 View Post

Kay,

I may take you up on that I have seen Starfish at Michaels but you are right they are way over priced and I need 50 LOL! I may change my mind about them and just not have them at all, let me know when you are going and I can Paypal you the money! That would be awesome that is the one thing that I wished I lived a little closer to the boarder, shopping! I know that we are getting a couple Targets but I dont think that they are opening here for another couple months!

No problem I will let you know when Im going :)

Originally Posted by csho View Post

Kay let me know when you go and I might get an order of starfish! I just found a website... paper-garden.ca which is based in Canada and sells all types of metallic and regular paper/cardstock which are great for making invites! I just bought some Astrobright Glisten paper (it was on clearance for .20 cents a sheet)! I bought 65 sheets for like 13$ I was going to just buy a couple sheets to see if its that colour I want but shipping was 12$ so I ended up being enough for my invites 65 sheets and shipping was still 12$ so I am really hoping its the colour I am looking for. Its called Red Rocket but it looks coralish and it was listed under the pink/fushia heading so I am guessing its more pink coral then red.

Heres a link to it...http://paper-garden.ca/products.php?cat=302 ; its the bottom one Red rocket.

Like I said I am planning on making DIY airline ticket invites. I have already designed the invite... just waiting to confirm our information. I will be using a pearlescent white paper for the actual ticket invite. And then use the paper I just bought for the sleeve the ticket will sit in. I also bought little starfish pendants off ebay ( 1$ for 35 and free shipping -just received them today adn they are awesome -I just bid on another set of 35 for 1$!!) and I will tie these around the sleeve with ribbon... probably a lighter coloured ribbon in the coral coloured family. I am trying to decide what colour envelope to go with? They don't have matchin envelopes with the colour I am using for the sleeve, so I guess I'll wait til I receive it and then go from there... I might just go with a pearlescent white one to match the ticket invite. What do you guys think would look best?

csho, 

How are you making you pocket folds/sleeves? thanks!!

I used a template I found online... here is the link. There is a template for the sleeve and the boarding pass tickets.

http://www.ayleebits.com/2006/06/10/diy-boarding-pass-save-the-date/

It was way easier then I thought it would be to design them! Brought out my inner creativeness! It was hiding!

Ladies I did boarding pass invites, for the pockets I made the lines really dark so that it looked like it was part of the design and then I bought a bone to fold them, it was a huge help... i made 100 invites it was a labour of love thats for sure, it took forever to get them all done!

Jolene thats good to know... I have printed off practice ones on regular paper and there are dotted lines where its supposed to fold but I don't find the lines are in the proper place. I was thinking of getting rid of them completely. Did you use cover stock? The paper I bought is not cover stock but I thought it might be easier to use and I had been looking at examples and someone had said they used text paper as well because really boarding passes are flimsy anyway and I decided that it might be easier to work with.But I don't know haha

Thanks ladies,

I have everything ready to print for my passport invites.  I just need cardstock for the cover pages... still looking. Paper Garden has amazing prices, thanks for sharing.  Im just nervous about not seeing the exact colour first. mmmhmm decisions.  I need to go on the hunt for everything else this week, printing and assembly starts Saturday.  As for pocket folds, I am totally lost at what to do :/ :(

Kay you can order a sample of 6 papers... its just like a 1 by 1 chip or something but its free incl. shipping! I ordered one today to try and match the rest of the stuff I need for the boarding passes. That link will take you to the free samples.

http://paper-garden.ca/products.php?cat=52

Opinions please ladies!

So my colours are royal blue & dark purple.  My bridesmaid dresses are the dark purple... do you think the bow on my chairs should be royal blue or dark purple?

Thanks Kay xo

Originally Posted by Kay6356 View Post

Opinions please ladies!

So my colours are royal blue & dark purple.  My bridesmaid dresses are the dark purple... do you think the bow on my chairs should be royal blue or dark purple?

Thanks Kay xo

I would say purple... but I like a look that is more uniform. Where else will you be having colour? Cause you want to make sure that the blue is somewhere!

Hey Kay. 

Are you bringing your own bows or ties for the chairs or did you check with the resort and see if they had those colours?

We got our save the date magnets in. They are a bit smaller then I thought or hoped but they are very well done and will do the trick!