Travel agent problems/booking nightmare!! eekk

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Melissa 111

Melissa 111
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:58 PM

Hi , I went to go see my travel agent today and see how the group rates were for the dreams Riviera Cancun. I was not happy with it, it $1699 per person plus $340 in taxes for 7 days all-inclusive with flight. witch was for next december,1 2013. That wasnt the part that got me they said we had to put $200 down deposit, as well it had to be paid in full by this Jan 12,2013 witch is in 2 weeks?? from all my guests to get the group rate. has anyone else had to deal with this??? so upset!!!!

#2 Marymack

• 414 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:10 PM

Maybe you need to check with another TA because that information doesn't sound legitimate!

#3 lgerry

• 349 posts
      • Wedding Date:January 15, 2014
      • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Akumal, Riviera Maya, Mexico

Posted 29 December 2012 - 06:31 AM

ya, i agree... the timing sounds weird. We just booked and my FI and I each had to pay $300 deposit in order to hold 30 spots in the group rate. Our final payment doesn't have to be in until 60 days prior to departure! I would definitely check with another TA!

#4 AndreaandAaron

• 180 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 06:43 AM

We also put down a $300 deposit which held 30 seats for 3 months or so....Then our guests only had to put down $200 and final payment is due 60 days prior to departure.  We booked thru Sunwing.  I am not sure where you live, but if you live in Canada and you can't find another TA, maybe try contacting Sunwing group travel? 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users