DH Gate Experiences

I just ordered an Inbal Dror inspired gown from dhgate (wholesale factory is the seller).

I am nervous to see how it will turn out. Anyone have any dhgate experiences to share? Any particular sellers you recommend or recommend against?

Thanks ladies!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had originally put a deposit down on a dress at David's Bridal, but ended up canceling and ordered a similar dress from DHGate seller Beautybride LTD.  I asked for pictures prior to shipping, I ordered almost 2 weeks ago, so hopefully they'll send them.  I also asked for a crinoline to be sewn in to make the skirt full, and hopefully they'll do that, too.  I haven't received any correspondence since I ordered.

Keeping my fingers crossed that the dress turns out how I want it!

Worst-case scenario is I'll have to find an off-the-rack dress that I like.  I tried on soooo many that I loved when I went dress shopping, and the one I picked was the most logical for our wedding... shorter in the front than in the back since my shoes are a pop of color, and we're getting married on a cliff next to the ocean, so nothing too heavy in the wind.  So if the dress from DHGate is a mess, I can probably find another one fairly easily.

I looked at the seller you ordered from, but couldn't find your dress.  I'll have to go look again.  I would love to see pics!

I ordered my reception dress on DHgate and so far it turned out to be quite a positive experience. I went with seller charm_baby. I was a little bit nervous because they don't have a fully positive feedback. I sent my questions to the seller before placing my order to make sure all my expectations from the dress are met. It was not even as much of telling them what to do, as to keep a written confirmation on what we agreed upon in case I needed to dispute.

My dress isn't perfect, but you shouldn't expect an exact replica of an original model. It's a knock off after all, and you don't pay a high price. Still I'm 95% satisfied. The seller was quick to communicate (considering 12 hour difference between the time zones), they made the dress within 3 weeks, and used DHL shipping instead of originally expected China Post, so it took only 3 days for shipping!

Some other DHgate sellers that have a positive feedback and are popular among BDW brides:

babyonline - http://www.dhgate.com/wholesale/store/ff8080811f457b8c011f56709bc04543.html

allanhu - http://www.dhgate.com/wholesale/store/ff8080811f5fddde011f6418cfbd0f97.html

weddingdress88 - http://www.dhgate.com/wholesale/store/ff8080812c71c153012c76a16a0b5cac.html

I'm going to order my ceremony dress on DHgate too. I inquired Denia's Bridal (hua_yi_zhang) if they can make a custom dress that they don't list among their items. They seem to be an experienced seller with a good feedback. They will also send me the pictures of the dress before shipping it to me.

Originally I was going to order my dresses on OuterInner.com, but their shipping is expensive and the choice isn't as wide as on DHgate. And right now I don't regret using DHgate.

Thank you for your advice! Its really thorough and helpful and I appreciate it. What made you choose denias bridal instead of the other three? I love the Burgos style of dress from aire barcelona and am trying to figure out which of the four you suggested to order from.

400 Thats the Dress I ordered already from wholesale factory. Fingers crossed. I hope it doesnt look too much like lingerie! I asked them to cover the back so there is no see through lace and tthe front thigh are have it not be bare. The second one I would like to order (depending on how this one turns out) is a replica of Aire Barcelona. 400 Im thinking I might want em to leave the ruffles as raw edge instead. I dont want it too look to frilly and think raw edge might give it a softer look. Opinions? Based on these two styles, wht do you think is better for ceremony and for reception? Thanks everyone!

Thank you for your advice! Its really thorough and helpful and I appreciate it. What made you choose denias bridal instead of the other three? I love the Burgos style of dress from aire barcelona and am trying to figure out which of the four you suggested to order from.
For my dress I contacted the sellers who already offer the model I want. Then I inquired both Denia's bridal and Babyonline if they can make a custom dress based on pictures I sent. Both replied quickly and in fairly good English. Both were asking pretty much the same price. Why Denia's bridal over Babyonline? Firstly there was another dress I was considering from Denia's with actual images, so I could see and more or less judge their quality of work. Then they are offering a better shipping method for free and they were a bit cheaper and more flexible on price. I'd suggest contacting all 4 sellers to inquire about the custom replica. When you get the replies it's much easier to make a decision. Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

I was starting to get nervous about my dress and not receiving any pictures yet, but it turns out they sent them December 27th and I just didn't know the message was waiting in my DHGate inbox!  They went to the trouble to call me in the middle of the night last night to tell me the dress was finished and that they had sent my pictures.  My dress is exactly what I had hoped it would be.  I asked them to make the skirt fuller with a petticoat or crinoline, and they did so without any extra charge.

Here's the picture from their website, and what I ordered:

ff8080813165423601316b4d4d5a3d17

Here is the picture from my finished dress:

It's a very simple dress since my jewelry and shoes are over-the-top.  They are shipping it out right away.  It looks like it may need a tiny tuck-pointing on the sides near the bust, but we'll see when I get it and try it on.  Very minimal alterations, if at all, I hope.  The dress is from Beautybride and I paid $116.  So relieved!

i got my dress from babyonline on DHgate! :) i'm happy i went with them! my dress turned out better than what i expected! but of course they said it will take 15 days or so, but it took about 30 days but got here just in time for my wedding! haha, i was kinda late so i bought it about two months before my wedding.