Photo

Has anyone had experience with booking 2 seats for a large person?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#11 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 18,759 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 11:32 PM

dad is down 150 pounds now. It was hard for me to get an update because he is off doing stuff all the time now. He still thinks flying will be hard for him, but I know he will be able to do it. 2 of my friends land the same time as him so I'm going to tell them to keep an eye out for him. I'd like him to have someone to travel with to the hotel. I wish someone was on his flight, but it didn't work out.

#12 Helen_S81

Helen_S81
    • 985 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 11:38 PM

How wonderful that he is still motivated!

Morgan, is it the plan that he walk you down the aisle?

#13 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 18,759 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 11:42 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Helen_S81
        How wonderful that he is still motivated!

Morgan, is it the plan that he walk you down the aisle?
        yes, if he is walking. i haven't talked to him much lately because he is always busy. Which is wonderful because before he was always at home watching a movie. But, I don't know if he is walking now. He is in & out of a wheelchair. So if he can't walk me, my mom will.

#14 Hartyt509

Hartyt509
        • 2,262 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 05:21 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Morgan
          yes, if he is walking. i haven't talked to him much lately because he is always busy. Which is wonderful because before he was always at home watching a movie. But, I don't know if he is walking now. He is in & out of a wheelchair. So if he can't walk me, my mom will.
          Sounds to me like he's making it his mission to ditch the wheelchair and walk his daughter down the aisle

The way he's going he's going to shed loads more before you get hitched.

I love dads

#15 Alyssa

Alyssa
          • 11,793 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 09:38 AM

Morgan,

My dad is also a really big guy - we are about to book my parents tix and i am thinking he needs 2 seats - is there a rule of thumb for size / weight? should i call the airlines?

thanks girl!
            alyssa

#16 kellywinter1

kellywinter1
            • 305 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 09:41 AM

Wow! 100 pounds that is great! Congrats to your dad that is an amazing accomplishment.

#17 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 18,759 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 09:54 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Alyssa
                Morgan,

My dad is also a really big guy - we are about to book my parents tix and i am thinking he needs 2 seats - is there a rule of thumb for size / weight? should i call the airlines?

thanks girl!
                alyssa
                The rule of thumb is if they fit in the seat, not weight. It's been a while since I talked to my TA about it, but I think they can go by the airport & sit in a test seat. But, then it's sort of up to the discretion of the employee at the time. But, if they say it's fine & then the day of the flight there is an issue he might have to buy a 2nd seat that day.

There were no taxes & fees on the 2nd seat.

We decided my dad would be much more comfortable with 2 seats so we did it. Even if he didn't need it. But, I'm pretty sure he still does. I haven't seen him since he lost the weight. I know he will be more comfortable this way. Also, he would be sitting by a stranger. If he was sitting by someone he knows it might not be so bad.

Quote:
                Originally Posted by kellywinter1
                Wow! 100 pounds that is great! Congrats to your dad that is an amazing accomplishment.
                he is down 150 pounds now!

#18 Alyssa

Alyssa
                • 11,793 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 09:57 AM

thanks Morgan!

i am on the phone with the airline righ tnow and they are saying you have to pay taxes and fees on the 2nd seat WTF? what airline are you using?

i think we are going to have to buy the 2nd b/c there are a bunch of connections to Hawaii and it would be a risk every time KWIM?

#19 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 18,759 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 09:59 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Alyssa
                    thanks Morgan!

i am on the phone with the airline righ tnow and they are saying you have to pay taxes and fees on the 2nd seat WTF? what airline are you using?

i think we are going to have to buy the 2nd b/c there are a bunch of connections to Hawaii and it would be a risk every time KWIM?
                    ours was ryan air charter through funjet. now its aeromexico. Now i do remember there was a difference in charter air versus commercial. My TA took care of it so I don't know the details.

#20 Alyssa

Alyssa
                    • 11,793 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 10:00 AM

I am going to email TA Dina - thanks :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users