Free Melia Wedding for 12 guests due to Room and Length of  Stay $0

-bride Bouquet

-groom Boutonniere

-cake

-Sparkling Wine

15 extra Guests at $24 each $360

music Trio $275

Horse Carriage $75

5 parasols $75 (instead of bridesmaids Bouquet)

Catholic Priest $920

Copyright fee for bringing your own photographer $1000

6 hours of photography $1100

ceremony Video $350

3 Hour Reception on La Barcaza for 27 guests $1,620 

Total Cost $9,988.76

This total does not include gifts, OOT Bags, Attire, Invitations and AHR

#12 Cherina

Cherina
    • Banned
    • 636 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 07:55 PM

Our is going to cost about the same maybe a bit more (not needs but because I want what I want) but at the end of the day the experience for us and our guests make it am large over all value. How often will my children get both sides of their family and their best friends (cousins and my best friends kids and their best friends) together on island paradise. If you what to come out less doing a DW you stick towards the basics and you will save a lot but you can have a wedding of a lifetime for roughly what it would cost at home. I am in California so weddings are already pricey because wine county (where I live) is considered a destination.

2.14.14 I can not wait to marry my very best friend ... Again!

#13 Moments That Matter

Moments That Matter

Diamond Vendor

• Insiders
      • 3,074 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 11:03 AM

You held the line on your costs very well, Mufin1785 - so congrats on that! Plus !!! you not only have your destination wedding in a gorgeous dream venue And a "built-in" tropical honeymoon, but also 5 whole days with the 20 people you love most - to spend time with + reconnect in your tropical vacation paradise......priceless!

There are just some things that money can't buy

I'd consider that a Big Win!!! Congrats on the whole celebration...Enjoy!  

team MTM asst, Lynda :)

MTM%20Logo%202016_zps4tzm05my.png

Moments That Matter Photography , Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Canadian Award Winning Photojournalist serving the Riviera Maya

Email: contact@momentsthatmatterphotography.com

Why we're Ranked #1 ~ Scoop on what we do:  MTM Reviews

Meet Lincoln & Team MTM: "Meet Lincoln" Video + see his Passion!!!

We Offer: 100% Vendor Fee Discount
                            100% Deposit Guarantee

100% Satisfaction Guarantee

#14 mandjphoto

mandjphoto
        • 89 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 08:49 AM

Congrats on your engagement. Since you are non-conventional or traditional, maybe a boutique hotel is best for you. There are alternatives to large, all-inclusive resorts.

There are some pretty special boutique hotels (non-AI) on the Riviera Maya that are worth checking out. I would look at 

#15 bncandi

bncandi
          • Site Supporter
          • 38 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 07:03 AM

Ok you guys have officially made me feel better!! The more time I spent looking I feel like the key is to find a package that includes a lot versus a cheaper place and getting hammered with add ons. Seems like the brides that return mention everything being beautiful and the stressing out wasn't necessary. I'm so glad I found "yous guys"(I'm from jersey so had to throw that in there lol)

#16 nbateman

nbateman
            • 280 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by bncandi 

Ok you guys have officially made me feel better!! The more time I spent looking I feel like the key is to find a package that includes a lot versus a cheaper place and getting hammered with add ons. Seems like the brides that return mention everything being beautiful and the stressing out wasn't necessary. I'm so glad I found "yous guys"(I'm from jersey so had to throw that in there lol)

Try to figure out what's important to you and go from there. Ceremony, photographer, groom's room, honeymoon breakfast/dinner, reception, reservations for group dinner, etc.

#17 LoriGran

LoriGran
              • 339 posts
              • Wedding Date:July 25, 2014
              • Wedding Location:Rivera Maya
              • LocationMexico

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:59 PM

Totally in the same boat as you! I'm planning a wedding for 2014 and in mapping everything I too am afraid of going over my $10k budget. In going through some planning threads on here it seems like DIY projects is the way to go. I'm lucky my mom is paying for my dress because I definitely want to splurge on a great photographer! I'm getting married in Mexico so I'm thinking of going with Del Sol. Congratulations and Best of luck with planning!!!!

#18 nbateman

nbateman
              • 280 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by bncandi 

Hello all!
                I just got engaged and always imagined a DW wedding, since I'm not a conventional kind of gal:) also, since we will be paying for this ourselves I thought, bonus, nice & affordable! Now I'm starting to worry that this may cost more than a regular wedding! Between all the add ons needed like photographers, etc...I'm worried I can't afford this either. A lot of packages I'm seeing are only a 1 hour reception, hardly enough time to even talk to guests let alone dance & celebrate. Am I missing something? If I planned 10k including my travel cost is that even doable anywhere? I can't pick a date or destination cause I have no idea where I can pull this off. So overwhelmed. Sorry for my negative nancy rant I know I'm in the right place for help...

You can definitely do a gorgeous wedding for less than 10K, most weddings in the US are upwards of 25K!! You just have to think of what's the most important to you and your fiance.  Once you have the resort chosen, I think you can safely spend almost half on your resort and airfare.  I may be totally off, but here's some stuff that i've seen prices for and/or already booked for my wedding with a budget of 10k

10K budget

Resort and Airfare: 4500

Invitations, Save the dates, postage, thank yous: 500

Wedding event for 40: 800

Bouquet: 80

Bridal party flowers: 200

Wedding dress: 1000 (may be less or more, mine was only 400 on sale!)

Photographer: 1000

that leaves you with roughly 2000 to spend on whatever extra, OOT bags, fees for marriage (if applicable), gifts for your wedding party, hair, makeup, ceremony decorations, etc.

Now I may be way off on some of these, but I'm just going off of what I've already booked or looked into for my wedding.  You can do it!!!!

#19 Marymack

Marymack
                • 414 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:14 PM

@nbateman great cost breakdown and this is my 150 th post!!!!!@@$%&

#20 bncandi

bncandi
                  • Site Supporter
                  • 38 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:19 AM

Thank you so much for the cost breakdown! I feel like you gave me an outline of sorts to start with. I picked up a destination wedding book but it was so general and sort of filled with stuff that's obvious. Thanks so much again to all!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users