Sign in to follow this  
bncandi

No clue where to have this wedding :(

Hello All,  you guys all seem so great and im excited to be apart of your community and start planning...

Ok, so here's the deal.  We just got engaged and are excited to start planning our DW, but have no idea where to go.  We are having a large group (probably over 50-60), no children, beach wedding, all coming from the East Coast (Philly area) and want to keep the cost down since so many of our friends and family want to join us. 

Does anyone know where I can expect to pay 1000-1300 per person for a week stay at an AI from my area?  Since we are planning on getting married in April or May of 2014, rates dont seem to be available yet.

Congrats bncandi ! + welcome to our forum community :) where you'll find tons of helpful info from your fellow brides, as well as wonderful support,  to help you make the best decisions for you and your perfect wedding celebration ! Enjoy your journey, and all the best !

team MTM asst, Lynda :)

Hi again bncandi !! We had ours at dreams Cancun and our guests paid 1650 for a 10 night stay, or 1450 for a 7 night stay. We came from Vancouver Canada with west jet and booked our flights and hotel separate. My biggest advice would be get a good travel agent who knows the resorts in the area. I was lost when I started planning a year ago, but reading this site and reviews and then also looking on hotels website about their wedding pacakges, were a big help.

Happy planning !

I would research flight prices as well for the locations you are considering.  Some destinations that are not that far part have have significantly higher airfare costs. Since you have a rather larger group I would contact a travel agent that can secure a group rate.  But contact a Destination Wedding Travel agent so she can sugguest places that fit your budget as well as your dream wedding.  Good Luck Planning!!! pinkie.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by bncandi View Post

Hello All,  you guys all seem so great and im excited to be apart of your community and start planning...

Ok, so here's the deal.  We just got engaged and are excited to start planning our DW, but have no idea where to go.  We are having a large group (probably over 50-60), no children, beach wedding, all coming from the East Coast (Philly area) and want to keep the cost down since so many of our friends and family want to join us. 

Does anyone know where I can expect to pay 1000-1300 per person for a week stay at an AI from my area?  Since we are planning on getting married in April or May of 2014, rates dont seem to be available yet.

I hear ya!  It can definitley be a little overwhelming trying to figure out where to have your wedding and then once you chose a location, which hotel to use.  I actually looked all over the Caribbean, because, like you, I wanted to find a good deal for my guests and for us for the wedding packages, etc. the hotel offers.  So I started researching airfares to different countries.  2014 prices won't be available, but you can look at April/May 2013 prices to give you an idea.  That narrowed it down for me, then I just looked at different hotels in the countries that were affordable to fly and I liked.  I looked at their prices for rooms and what wedding packages they offered.  Once I decided where and when my fiance and I met with a destination wedding travel agent who has now taken over that portion.  She finding us the best prices, deals, discounts for rooms and airfare.  She does room blocks and blocks flights.  I think a travel agen will be your best bet.  It relieves your stress.  If anyone has a question I just refer them to her.  Good luck and congratulations bncandi!

Originally Posted by bncandi View Post

Hey bncandi,

As a wedding planner in the Riviera Maya, I am happy to recommend the following resort for your DW, 

Royal hideaway Resort, which does not allow kids which has beautiful beach and they offer some great wedding packages and its an all inclusive.

Playacar Palace is great if you looking for something that is super close to the famous 5th avenue, also with beautiful beach and love their wedding packages.

Hacienda Tres Rios offers great deals and has some beautiful grounds, also with great wedding packages.

Hope this information was helpful to you and feel free to ask me anything.

Happy Planning 

Joyce