Photo

Photobooth slideshow from recent wedding...

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 leigh miller

leigh miller
  • 936 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 02:30 PM

hey gals i finally got around to trying on of those photobooth things at a wedding reception. i love the results and thought id share. it would probably be pretty darn impossible to do for a DW but not if the photog was local. i just couldnt transport all that with me to do it. and you need at least a covered stable place to set up. wind would knock over the frame. this was outside but set up between two walls that prevented wind. just thought id share cause i know how you gals love to see pics.

here you go - morgan and scotts photobooth slideshow.

#2 TammyB

TammyB
    • 10,630 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 02:53 PM

Ok, so are you maning the booth or is it done automaticly? It definitly makes for different type of pictures. And I love that they are all pretty candid shots.. This is all new to me,, can you explain how it works more?

#3 jak27

jak27
      • 715 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 03:00 PM

Oh Leigh I wanted this sooo badly at our wedding and now I really want it!!!!!

Part of our reception is going to be in a ballroom, so how did you have it all set up, exactly? I wonder if I can convince my photographer to try this? So much fun!!

Any feedback/advice would be appreciated!

#4 JulieG

JulieG
        • VIP Member
        • 8,323 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 03:06 PM

Those pics are so cool and it looks like soo much fun. I would love to do that at our wedding. Oh well, we can't have it all :) Good job Leigh.

#5 leigh miller

leigh miller
          • 936 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 03:27 PM

glad you gals like it. im really excited about doing this at more weddings. there were plenty of posed moments but i love the images captured almost during the split seconds in between the posing.

i manned the booth. this is something i couldnt give up. part of it for me was drawing people out and getting that reaction. i actually brought a third person along with me to that wedding so they could help with the set up and then cover the reception while i was doing the booth. it was set up and running for about 2 hours. i got 9' paper and hung it from a frame. had to bring a flash and umbrella and then a big honking battery (not needed if theres an outlet) to keep the flash firing. i scouted the location beforehand. it takes about an 11'x15' area. as i said before setting it up outside would not work. especially in mexico where it always seems to be breezy at outside receptions.

there are a lot of different ways to do it. i just kept with what sean told me cause i really wanted that almost sterile background. i did toy with the idea of using a different background but went back to the plain ole background.

#6 trisha0612

trisha0612
            • 491 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 03:29 PM

I LOVE this idea? I wonder the expenses of it....don't know if I could FI onboard......
              Travis & Trish
              10-10-08
              Tulum..uhh I mean Cancun, MX

#7 Christine

Christine
              • VIP Member
              • 21,514 posts
              • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
              • Wedding Location:Napa, California
              • LocationReno, NV

Posted 09 October 2007 - 03:44 PM

I saw this on a photogs website when I first started planning and loved it...this one turned out great! The bride was incredibly photogenic!
              Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#8 LisaG

LisaG
              • VIP Member
              • 7,839 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 03:53 PM

What a fun idea. Love the pics, Leigh!

#9 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 6,996 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 04:39 PM

I love this idea. I've seen a few of these and I really like your style & background Leigh (although, perhaps I'm biased!). That bride & groom are hilarious- the bride was constantly in the photobooth- too cute! I love "Lovely Day" too, I haven't heard that song in a long time.

Excellent job!

#10 leigh miller

leigh miller
                  • 936 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 05:55 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Sarah
                    I love this idea. I've seen a few of these and I really like your style & background Leigh (although, perhaps I'm biased!). That bride & groom are hilarious- the bride was constantly in the photobooth- too cute! I love "Lovely Day" too, I haven't heard that song in a long time.

Excellent job!
                    sarah - i think you are biased! i think i might see ann next month. wish we could have a chicago boudoir gals reunion. i dont see lenita on here much. hope all is well with you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users