Photo

Pre-wedding weight loss tips and exercise programs

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#31 ChristienEarnest

ChristienEarnest
  • 183 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 07:09 PM

I was working out before I got pregnant and now our son is 7months old and breatfeeding ended(milk supply dried up), I am back doing zumba 2x a week. I was diagnosed with Cardiomyopathy so I am limited to 2liters of fluid per day. But I am trucking along and trying to lose 80 lbs.

#32 ChristienEarnest

ChristienEarnest
    • 183 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 07:07 PM

I've lost 60lbs so far on my own, another 60lbs to go before I go dress shopping (early Spring)

What did you do to loose 60 lbs.?

#33 krisdaversa

krisdaversa
      • 308 posts
      • Wedding Date:January 13, 2015
      • Wedding Location:Melia Las Dunas (Cuba)
      • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 08 April 2014 - 05:19 AM

What did you do to loose 60 lbs.?

I measured  everything! I try and keep junk food out of the house and I try as much as possible to keep it low carb and low sugar. I still go out for dinner and get what I want but try and only have half of it or give it away before I even start eating, I still go to the movies and get popcorn with butter but I just watch what I eat and how much of it.

I also focused on going to the gym before work since I can always talk my self out of going to the gym after work. Nothing calls my name louder then a nice comfy couch and my pj after 5pm  :).

I started to wake up at 7am to get to the gym for 7:30am and would work for 30 mins and when my body was use to waking up that early with out an issue I started getting up at 6:30am for an hour work out and now I wake up at 5:30 or 6am for an hour and half work out. I focus on going Monday to Friday and if I go on the weekends with my fiance its just a bonus. 

It helps if you have a gym buddy or even a friend to work out in your house or even walk around your area. I started to take up spinning and try to do yoga once a week to stretch out my muscles plus yoga is great for a core work out. I always do cardio for 30 mins to 1 hour then I move to weights. I do upper body once day then lower body. I also do core work outs every day. I found that to be the most important.  

#34 RaeSki

RaeSki
      • 6 posts
      • Wedding Date:January 8, 2016
      • Wedding Location:La Romana, Dominican Republic
      • LocationFlint

Posted 09 April 2014 - 01:04 PM

I signed up for the local YMCA where they have classes. I LOVE cardio Kickboxing.  I am trying to eat better. I swear it is one the hardest thing to do. Mostly because I am lazy AND I need portion control.  Anyone else have trouble with that? what did you do?  I hear that if you wait and then go for something small later it helps.

I was trainning for a swim-a-thon type thing, I started counting calories. I went through so many 100 cal snack packs... anyone else have good luck with calorie counting? I did but then my finecee came home from Iraq and spoil me. 

ALSO-- Has anyone tried to make a motivation wall? I was thinking about it, but not sure what to put on it.

#35 kcole123

kcole123
      • 850 posts
      • Wedding Date:April 17, 2015
      • Wedding Location:Melia Caribe
      • LocationPunta Cana, Dominican

Posted 09 April 2014 - 02:01 PM

T-25. Although I have to see is kind of tough. but it's also suffering it out for 25 minutes as opposed to an hour.

Kristy and Nathan

Melia Caribe Tropical

April 17, 2015

#36 kellisbaby

kellisbaby
      • 238 posts
      • Wedding Date:January 12, 2015
      • Wedding Location:Excellence Punta Cana
      • LocationBay Area, CA

Posted 10 April 2014 - 01:46 PM

I'm another MediFast-er.  Lost 50 lbs last year in six months (April - Oct), but gained 15 back from Nov - Feb.  I'm back on track now, and hoping to drop another 35 before next January.  I've already lost 9 of the 15 I gained.

Although, I'm not sure if I'd recommend the to most people.  It's super low calorie (800-1,000) and you can't eat ANYTHING fun.  But, IT WORKS.

#37 melgibbs

melgibbs
      • 25 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 02:33 AM

Well, my problem is the exact opposite. How to gain more weight for my H2B find me so skinny. lol

#38 alex15

alex15
        • 22 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 07:10 AM

Me and my fiance follow a strict diest suggested by our hired ditetian. it includes meal without oil. now we are deciding to join physically excercies too like pilates and aerobics. 

#39 megthomson

megthomson
          • 258 posts
          • Wedding Date:December 5, 2014
          • Wedding Location:The Beach!
          • LocationBoston, MA

Posted 13 April 2014 - 05:34 AM

Anyone with a Fitbit want to connect to hold each other accountable?

#40 Rheannarudy

Rheannarudy
          • 150 posts
          • Wedding Date:November 6, 2014
          • Wedding Location:Now Jade Riviera CancĂșn
          • LocationWI

Posted 21 May 2014 - 12:42 AM

I measured  everything! I try and keep junk food out of the house and I try as much as possible to keep it low carb and low sugar. I still go out for dinner and get what I want but try and only have half of it or give it away before I even start eating, I still go to the movies and get popcorn with butter but I just watch what I eat and how much of it.

I also focused on going to the gym before work since I can always talk my self out of going to the gym after work. Nothing calls my name louder then a nice comfy couch and my pj after 5pm  :).

I started to wake up at 7am to get to the gym for 7:30am and would work for 30 mins and when my body was use to waking up that early with out an issue I started getting up at 6:30am for an hour work out and now I wake up at 5:30 or 6am for an hour and half work out. I focus on going Monday to Friday and if I go on the weekends with my fiance its just a bonus. 

It helps if you have a gym buddy or even a friend to work out in your house or even walk around your area. I started to take up spinning and try to do yoga once a week to stretch out my muscles plus yoga is great for a core work out. I always do cardio for 30 mins to 1 hour then I move to weights. I do upper body once day then lower body. I also do core work outs every day. I found that to be the most important.

Wow great job!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users