Wedding-The Royal Cancun June 2013

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Kellie Crosson

Kellie Crosson
  • 13 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:44 PM

Hey!

I am getting married at The Royal Cancun June 2013. My wedding coordinator is Maritza. I'm thinking about getting married at 2:00 pm on the beach. Any tips or suggestions? Also, I'm super concerned about my hair that day! Has anyone used the hair salon? How was it? I dont want prom hair! lol..I am open to any and all suggestions PLEASE! I'm planning my wedding alone so I need all the help I can get!

Thanks,

Kellie

#2 Moments That Matter

Moments That Matter

Diamond Vendor

• Insiders
    • 3,074 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:20 AM

Congrats Kellie! + welcome to our forum community - where you're never alone when all the brides here 'have your back" with lots of great advice, suggestions + support........you're off to a great start already!

Wishing you all the best with your research + planning process - culminating in the most amazing wedding celebration of your dreams! Enjoy :)

team MTM asst, Lynda :)

MTM%20Logo%202016_zps4tzm05my.png

Moments That Matter Photography , Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Canadian Award Winning Photojournalist serving the Riviera Maya

Email: contact@momentsthatmatterphotography.com

Why we're Ranked #1 ~ Scoop on what we do:  MTM Reviews

Meet Lincoln & Team MTM: "Meet Lincoln" Video + see his Passion!!!

We Offer: 100% Vendor Fee Discount
                          100% Deposit Guarantee

100% Satisfaction Guarantee

#3 kard613

kard613
      • 225 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 06:32 AM

Are you set on 2pm on the beach? From what I've seen on here beach weddings are not very private (meaning the resort guests usually are all gawking and 2pm is prime sun bathing time) and 2pm is going to be very hot in June...Just my two cents

#4 SweetFire

SweetFire
        • Vendor
        • 330 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 04:12 PM

Hey there Royal Cancun Brides!

Here are some shots from Lori's shoot at the Royal.  It is a beach ceremony set-up so you can get a better visual of what to expect.

Happy Planning!

Sofia

Lori's Office Assistant

#5 RachelSchrank

RachelSchrank
          • Vendor
          • 17 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:08 AM

Hey! I am getting married at The Royal Cancun June 2013. My wedding coordinator is Maritza. I'm thinking about getting married at 2:00 pm on the beach. Any tips or suggestions? Also, I'm super concerned about my hair that day! Has anyone used the hair salon? How was it? I dont want prom hair! lol..I am open to any and all suggestions PLEASE! I'm planning my wedding alone so I need all the help I can get! Thanks, Kellie

Hola Kellie! I've shot at the Royal many times. It's actually one of my favorite hotels to shoot at in Playa, though the beach is very, very public because it's in the center of town. If you are a bit of an exhibitionist then you might find the energy of the public beach, with people walking by, adds to the drama and the party atmosphere. I especially love their beachside receptions. We had our wedding on a public beach in Tulum and had a mayan ceremony. There were actually people in the circle praying for us and participating that we don't know, haha. I'm kind of a theatrical person so I liked that they added to the energy. (I doubt you will have wedding crashes at the Royal though, so don't worry about that!) I will say that 2pm in June will be hot hot hot on the beach. That's pretty much the hottest part of the day, and there will barely be any shade. I recommend scheduling your ceremony for later in the day, like around 5. That way you and your guests won't be boiling in the sun, and your pictures will look much nicer as well because of the flattering angle of the light.

#6 RachelSchrank

RachelSchrank
            • Vendor
            • 17 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:54 PM

I just realized your wedding is at the Royal in Cancun, not Playa :P. Anyway what I said about the time of day still holds true--you really don't want to be outside in your wedding dress for any length of time at that hour unless you have to be!

#7 Kellie Crosson

Kellie Crosson
              • 13 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:24 AM

Thank you for all of your help. I originally said 2:00 pm, but now I have booked 3pm. I am trying to avoid the $400 fee that is added when I book at 4pm or after : ( Now, I am nervous that I have made a bad decision. I have never been to Cancun, so I anticipated it being hot, but didn't realize it would be THAT hot. I have scheduled a "Semi-private reception" at Pelicanos at 5:00 pm. From what I understand this restaurant is outside too. Am I making huge mistakes? I would LOVE some feedback!

#8 Lyman

Lyman
                • 262 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:11 PM

Hi Kellie - here's a photo taken at the Royal Cancun by the very talented "Moments That Matter Photography" team........showing the pavilion which offers shade for the group under their roof overhead .........as you can see, it's pretty shaded, while still open to the cooling ocean breeze......so will be fine for your 3pm time slot :) 

Your wedding is going to be Amazing! with the most picturesque tropical backdrop to compliment your once-in-a-lifetime wedding celebration....you're doing a great job with your decisions! trust yourself, and ...Enjoy :)

#9 Kellie Crosson

Kellie Crosson
                  • 13 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:59 PM

Lyman, Thankyou! My ceremony is actually on the beach not in the pavilion/gazebo. I am going to order some fans to put in my guest chairs so hopefully that will help. I tried to talk to my WC about it, but she wasnt very helpful! Oh well, we all might be big ole sweaty messes by the end of it!!

#10 chrystal87

chrystal87
                    • 32 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 09:27 AM

We are getting married June 2014! Any make up/hair recommendations?  Also..any prior brides how was the food

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users