Photo

Best place to create a wedding website?

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#41 traylynn

traylynn
  • 154 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 06:44 PM

We created a fake wedding website. So our guest think they are going a Family/Friends Reunion Cruise.  I used familylobby.com 

#42 Tinkerbell82

Tinkerbell82
    • 193 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 07:02 PM

We also went with wedding wire- http://www.weddingwire.com/Tinaandbill

I found it a lot easier to set up than some of the other sites.

#43 traylynn

traylynn
      • 154 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell82 

Hi Tinkerbell82 your site looks great 

#44 traylynn

traylynn
        • 154 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 08:13 PM

Cool I really wanted the whole wedding website and invitations, but I really like the aspect of no one knowing. I feel it doesn't put the pressure on family and friends to attend.  But the important folks we want to attend they have already decided to come.  

You are getting married in April 2014 and I am  November 2014 in St. Thomas. 

I contacted Carnival yesterday to ask questions about a cocktail hour and martini tasting... the prices seem reasonable. My TA told me to wait because we my have enough points for a free happy hour 

#45 Tinkerbell82

Tinkerbell82
          • 193 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by traylynn 

Cool I really wanted the whole wedding website and invitations, but I really like the aspect of no one knowing. I feel it doesn't put the pressure on family and friends to attend.  But the important folks we want to attend they have already decided to come.  

You are getting married in April 2014 and I am  November 2014 in St. Thomas. 

I contacted Carnival yesterday to ask questions about a cocktail hour and martini tasting... the prices seem reasonable. My TA told me to wait because we my have enough points for a free happy hour 

Hey!  Thanks so much.  I put a lot of thought into it. ;)

I feel you on the pressure thing.  We just wanted everyone to have the option.  We're big social butterflies so we wanted to rally up as many people as possible to cruise with us.  So far we have 8 cabins booked just on the STD's.  We're sending our invites next month so hopefully that will get more people booking. 

I think they quoted me $11.xx for a one hour private cocktail party, per person.  We are hoping to have it in the piano bar with the piano player doing sing a longs, lol. :)  To get it using points you have to have 50 cabins or more booked (they just changed the points system last week), which is a jip to me.  All of our cabins aside from one so far are suites ($1500-$2000+) and we don't even get our free bearth because suites don't count now.  :(

#46 traylynn

traylynn
            • 154 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 06:54 PM

Hey!  Thanks so much.  I put a lot of thought into it. ;)

I feel you on the pressure thing.  We just wanted everyone to have the option.  We're big social butterflies so we wanted to rally up as many people as possible to cruise with us.  So far we have 8 cabins booked just on the STD's.  We're sending our invites next month so hopefully that will get more people booking. 

I think they quoted me $11.xx for a one hour private cocktail party, per person.  We are hoping to have it in the piano bar with the piano player doing sing a longs, lol. :)  To get it using points you have to have 50 cabins or more booked (they just changed the points system last week), which is a jip to me.  All of our cabins aside from one so far are suites ($1500-$2000+) and we don't even get our free bearth because suites don't count now.  :(

We are social butterflies as well.  But still letting people know it is actually a wedding I know folks will say "no" and others will feel obligated. We are inviting everyone just as a "hey we got a great rate on cruise, you wanna come rock the boat with us".  I am hoping for a private or shared cocktail party. Are you working with a TA.  

#47 lorcas

lorcas
              • 297 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 01:59 PM

Since my fiance and I are both tech nerds, we decided to invest a little bit more in our wedding website. (our friends are expecting this from us, lol) 

www.angelaplusbill.com

#48 traylynn

traylynn
                • 154 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by lorcas 

Since my fiance and I are both tech nerds, we decided to invest a little bit more in our wedding website. (our friends are expecting this from us, lol) 

www.angelaplusbill.com

Hi Angela you site looks amazing.  Congrats

#49 NJBride2014

NJBride2014
                  • 441 posts
                  • Wedding Date:September 13, 2014
                  • Wedding Location:Le Blanc Spa Resort
                  • LocationCancun, Mexico

Posted 27 August 2013 - 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by lorcas 

www.angelaplusbill.com

Very cool website you guys did a great job. 

43 guests plus bride and groom.... ;)

Engagement Photos - http://www.bestdesti...y/#entry1827276

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...y/#entry1860630

#50 seastripes

seastripes
                  • 7 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 01:48 PM

1. Congrats

2. Weebley! It does make you pay to get rid of the wbly. in the html or whatever, but I'd be fine with just keeping that in. I sound like an ad, I swear, I just always use it for ridiculous things and it's really simple. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users