• Please log in to reply
198 replies to this topic

#121 hclibby1982

hclibby1982
  • 274 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 09:23 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by JessSchollSmith 

@BridetobeABCD You will love Flora.  She's an instant stress-reliever.  I think the only thing I forgot to ask her when I went down was about making reservations for hair styling.  I'm not sure how many can go at once...  Have a great time!

3 people can have their hair done at a time, per my WC and the schedule she gave me for hair and makeup

#122 macyhickman09

macyhickman09
    • 25 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 07:18 PM

Hi everyone! I am curious as to how pictures will work.  My ceremony is at 5:30 and the reception is from 6-9.  However, we want couple and family photos.  When would we take couple photos if the reception starts right after the ceremony?  Has anyone run into this issue. Will they let us not eat dinner until 7 in order to give us time to take photos while the guest are at the reception? Thoughts please!!!!!!!

#123 MOrdonez

MOrdonez
      • 180 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 07:47 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by macyhickman09 

Hi everyone! I am curious as to how pictures will work.  My ceremony is at 5:30 and the reception is from 6-9.  However, we want couple and family photos.  When would we take couple photos if the reception starts right after the ceremony?  Has anyone run into this issue. Will they let us not eat dinner until 7 in order to give us time to take photos while the guest are at the reception? Thoughts please!!!!!!!

hhhmmm......you might be able to ask the coordinator not to serve the meal until 7pm......we have a cocktail hour so we didn't run into this issue. 

#124 hclibby1982

hclibby1982
        • 274 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 09:25 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by macyhickman09 

My reception is 6-9 as well but my ceremony is at 4pm and cocktail hour is from 5-6.  I would consider adding a cocktail hour, I think there is a fee to break up your ceremony/reception and the cost of cocktail hour would be less.

#125 macyhickman09

macyhickman09
          • 25 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 12:22 AM

I'm still struggling with a photographer. I am kind of down to 3: Ivan Luckie, Juan Navarro, & Samuel Luna! Does anyone have any recommendations? It is such a huge decision!

#126 Carlicardenas

Carlicardenas
            • 198 posts
            • Wedding Date:February 1, 2015
            • Wedding Location:Hyatt Zilara/Gran Caribe Real
            • LocationCancun

Posted 21 November 2013 - 12:16 PM

I am also hoping to get married by the end of November next year! please keep us posted in how the weather is like.. will you have your reception outside?

#127 Jeizzca

Jeizzca
            • 16 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 04:26 PM

hey ladies.  I'm debating on the resort photographer or an outside vendor.  Any thoughts or have you heard anything about the resort photographers?

#128 MOrdonez

MOrdonez
              • 180 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 08:52 PM

hey ladies.  I'm debating on the resort photographer or an outside vendor.  Any thoughts or have you heard anything about the resort photographers?

I'm at the resort right now and we walked by their booth on the resort and I think they are WAY OVERPRICED for the quality work you get.....in my opinion.

#129 kwink

kwink
                • 40 posts
                • Wedding Date:May 24, 2014
                • Wedding Location:Gran Caribe Chapel
                • LocationCincinnati, OH

Posted 26 November 2013 - 07:43 AM

Marvin will certainly work within your budget. Just let him know what your budget is and the type of look you are going for and ask him for recommendations. You could also have him do something simple like a pomander sitting on top of a vase and then order natural touch cascading lilies (bring with you) and have them put the lilies in the pomanders. This will save you so much money and still be beautiful and dramatic. Good luck. 

#130 kwink

kwink
                • 40 posts
                • Wedding Date:May 24, 2014
                • Wedding Location:Gran Caribe Chapel
                • LocationCincinnati, OH

Posted 26 November 2013 - 07:43 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by sweetjess88 

Hello ladies! Can anyone recommend a floral company? I have tried Maya Floral as well and their prices are way over my budget, im wondering if there are any other companies that do a great job but are less expensive and more helpful than Maya floral. 

Thank you and happy planning! =) 

Marvin will certainly work within your budget. Just let him know what your budget is and the type of look you are going for and ask him for recommendations. You could also have him do something simple like a pomander sitting on top of a vase and then order natural touch cascading lilies (bring with you) and have them put the lilies in the pomanders. This will save you so much money and still be beautiful and dramatic. Good luck. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users