Jump to content


My DIY fabric flower attemt

  • Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Dazeydawl

  • Member
  • 861 posts

    Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:55 PM

    Ok ladies. so a couple of months ago i purchase 3 beautiful fabric flowers off of etsy for my bridesmaid dresses as well as one for my flowergirls hair, they cost me almost $25 a piece including shipping. Last night i stated thining i should have got more, one for a ring bearer pillow and some other little things, but they were so expensive so today i attempt to make one. This is my first attempt and i thinkk it turned out ok. Not one im gonna use, but i learnt a few lessons.


    First this is the flower i bought,




    Now this is my first attempt




    The drak edges are actually from the marker from tracing out the circle, the burning of the edges made any little bit of marker that was left behind turn really black. Still trying out how to do the center beading to look prettier.

    #2 Tulumbride2013

    • Member
    • 670 posts

      Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:27 PM

      Dazey, I love it! It doesn't look bad at all. I know what you mean about learning something's on the first attempt. Plus $25 a piece is steep! I think it looks great and would be great for a ring bearers pillow. Matches your theme on point! :D Maybe you could try sewing the beads?

      #3 ChocoTaco7568

      • Member
      • 955 posts

        Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:39 PM

        Ali, for a first attmept these look great! I agree with Tulumbride and think that sewing the beads on and using a few smaller size options may give you the look that you're trying to achieve

        #4 Dazeydawl

        • Member
        • 861 posts

          Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:10 PM

          Thanks ladies! I also just learned that I should proof read my posts lol. Wow. I swear I wasn't drinking in the middle of the day.


          So I couldn't wait to start working on flower number 2. It turned out MUCH better! No more burnt edges, and I did sew the beads in the middle this time.. that took awhile to figure out as my needle was too thick for the beads to fit over. I still had to glue the rhinestones because they are hot fix with flat backs.


          #5 Tulumbride2013

          • Member
          • 670 posts

            Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:40 PM

            I love it!!! Gorgeous... Do a quick tutorial for me :) I wanna make one! The second one always comes out better. I learned that many a time lol. These are great.

            #6 Katryne

            • Jr. Member
            • 260 posts

              Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:46 PM

              Oh WOW!! The first one looked good but the second one is just fantastic!! GREAT job! :)

              #7 Dazeydawl

              • Member
              • 861 posts

                Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:47 PM

                I will most definitely put together a tutorial! However I am going on to my 4 working days which are 11 hour shifts. So not until Sunday or Monday will I be able to. But I'll make it good with step by step pictures!

                #8 agm04

                • Member
                • 548 posts

                  Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:40 AM

                  Very pretty!

                  #9 Dvhtu

                  • Jr. Member
                  • 153 posts

                    Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:18 AM

                    Looks very nice!!!

                    #10 Laura2013

                    • Jr. Member
                    • 177 posts

                      Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:52 PM

                      Wow, your 2nd attempt really came out great! Good job-very pretty!

                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users