Photo

No booking until 8 months before??

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 JanaBrooke

JanaBrooke
  • 82 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 02:40 PM

Has anyone come across a resort not letting you book until 8 months before the date? I don't get it. How are you to have people "save the date," and airfare price watch, etc. if you can't even book your date until 8 months before - and then what if someone gets in before you?? I am so irritated! There has to be a reason for this, right?

#2 StephanieMN

StephanieMN
    • 1,798 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 02:43 PM

I think this is their way of getting you to use a TA, they get the dates BEFORE the public.

#3 CourtneyV

CourtneyV
      • 4,979 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 03:52 PM

I thouht this was odd as well. I ended up booking a room block which held the current rate (through my TA (Tammy)). The deposit we put down will go towards paying for the wedding in the end.
        Happily Married since May 9, 2008
        Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

#4 JanaBrooke

JanaBrooke
        • 82 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 05:42 PM

Oh really, so if you book a block of rooms you can guarantee your wedding date? Or am I not understanding. I just want to be able to coordinate and look at entertainment, flowers, send out STDs, etc. and I can't imagine doing all that not knowing if my date will be available when it comes time to really book the wedding. Know what I mean? Thanks for your help!!

#5 JessicaM

JessicaM
          • Vendor
          • 1,969 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 05:47 PM

When I wanted to book my hotel, I had my TA (Tammy) get rates even though they weren't "Public" yet to reserve rooms under a room block. This guaranteed them at a certain rate. I did it almost 10 or 11 months in a advance I think.

I would try that so you can get your STD's out and start planning.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users