Help!

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 KellyandMatt08

KellyandMatt08
  • 490 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 12:55 PM

My face is a mess!

I've never really had a problem with pimples or greasiness, but the last 3 months have been awful. I went to the dermatoligist in the begining of September (of course my face was clear for the visit) and was presribed a gel to clear everything up. I was also told to use Cetaphil Moisturizer and I have been using Purpose Face Wash for the past 10 years (which is also dermatoligist recommended). I think the moisturizer is too heavy and greasy. I am litterally wiping my face 3 times a day, it is soo gross.

Anyone have any recommendations for moisturizers? Anything that fights acne is a plus, but not neccessary.

TIA!

#2 TammyB

TammyB
    • 10,630 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 12:59 PM

I actually use the same moisturizer, I was givin little cleaning pads and some cream stuff for my face from my dermo, and it helped a ton. How long have you been using what your dermo suggested?

#3 KellyandMatt08

KellyandMatt08
      • 490 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 01:02 PM

I've been using it for little over a month. I know I haven't given it a long enough chance, but I can't take the greasiness anymore!

#4 JanaBrooke

JanaBrooke
        • 82 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 01:02 PM

Philosophy makes really great (gentle) products. You can find it online through the philosophy website, through QVC and in some big department stores (I think). I love everything they make!

#5 trisha0612

trisha0612
          • 491 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 03:06 PM

I actually use proactiv! I never had had acne..but couldn't stand a breakout when it happened! I love it!
            Travis & Trish
            10-10-08
            Tulum..uhh I mean Cancun, MX

#6 KellyandMatt08

KellyandMatt08
            • 490 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 03:12 PM

Philosophy, I'll have to check them out. I might go to Sephora tonight and see all that is out there.

I was actually looking into proactive. Do you use the entire line or just 1 or 2 of the products?

#7 JessicaM

JessicaM
              • Vendor
              • 1,969 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 03:14 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by trisha0612
                I actually use proactiv! I never had had acne..but couldn't stand a breakout when it happened! I love it!
                I use this as well. Not everyday but I like the moisturizer that it comes with. They also have the mask that you can use as a spot treatment which comes in handy!

#8 cessyboston

cessyboston
                • VIP Member
                • 2,096 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 03:28 PM

donnie loves proactive.....i use quinot awesome product
                  Married oct 10th 2008 ~ proud parents to Miss Sophia Emma feb 2, 2010

#9 ncainey

ncainey
                  • 159 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 03:36 PM

Proactiv is the best!! I love the exfoliating face wash and then I use the cream at night.

#10 KellyandMatt08

KellyandMatt08
                    • 490 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 04:25 PM

When I go to the mall tonight I will stop the Proactive kiosk. Thank you everyone!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users