Photo

Sandos Caracol Brides 2012-2013

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 britxicanwed

britxicanwed
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:04 PM

Hello everyone, I'm looking for fellow brides to share our experiences on getting married on this resort as well as to what to expect or watch out for.

My big day is booked for April 12 2013 and counting down the days, but so nervous and a bit anxious about the whole planning process as I have no control over it.

Dish it out girls!

#2 Pierre Violle

Pierre Violle
    • 272 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:14 PM

Hi!

Welcome to the Forum. After of before the big day,

Why not live the breathtaking experience of an

PIERRE VISUAL STUDIO - Wedding & TTD Photography

FACEBOOK Fan Page

#3 Matt Adcock

Matt Adcock
      • Vendor
      • 1,243 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by britxicanwed 

Hello everyone, I'm looking for fellow brides to share our experiences on getting married on this resort as well as to what to expect or watch out for.

My big day is booked for April 12 2013 and counting down the days, but so nervous and a bit anxious about the whole planning process as I have no control over it.

Dish it out girls!

Hi Britxicanwed,

Congrats on your upcoming wedding!!! The Sandos Caracol is a gorgeous location surrounded by jungle and a beautiful beach!!! Check out this thread, you might find some helpful info there from past brides: 

This couple got married in April 2012 with an intimate party of 30 guests. Check out their full slideshow for more inspiration: Lisa + Jon

Best wishes and Happy Planning!!!!!

#4 Heather Car

Heather Car
        • 4 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:40 PM

Hi there, 

I am getting married at Sandos Caracol on April 15th, 2013, likely our stays will likely overlap.  

#5 Heather Car

Heather Car
          • 4 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:58 AM

How's the planning with Fernanda going.  I'm getting married the Monday after you!

#6 britxicanwed

britxicanwed
            • 4 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:04 AM

They will. We land there on the 9th and leave until the 20th :)

#7 rivieramaya2014

rivieramaya2014
              • 10 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 02:28 PM

I'm thinking of getting married there end of October 2014 so I'm following this thread!! Anyone know of the possibility of having the reception outside either on the beach or on the terrace of one of the restaurants?

#8 JillTran

JillTran
                • Vendor
                • 116 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 03:22 PM

Congrats ladies! I'm excited to see how your pictures turned out! Looking forward to that post.

-Jill

#9 Heather Car

Heather Car
                  • 4 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 07:45 PM

Hello brides-to-be,

I recently got married at Sandos Caracol Eco Resort and Spa and when I was trying to decide on this resort, I found it hard because there wasn't a lot of information about getting married here or many pictures.  So in addition to my wedding vows, I vowed to post pictures on this site and the unofficial Caracol Brides site, if my wedding day went well.  As I had a spectacular wedding, here I am following up on my promise to provide future Sandos Caracol brides information and reassurance on this great wedding venue option.  

Anyone interested in having a stress free wedding at a unique resort that will bend backwards to accommodate your needs and make your wedding and whole stay feel special, should consider Sandos Caracol Eco Resort.  We got married at 4:00 on the cenote deck for something different than the typical beach setting, and had a great dinner at the new Lirios restaurant in the Royal Elite section from 5:30 to 7:30. In between the wedding and dinner, we were busy with photos, and our guests had drinks from the Royal Elite infinity pool area and watched the photo shoot.    After dinner we went to the Chill Out bar to have the cake and have a few drinks.  This was a great option, the deck area is quite nice with outdoor sofas and hanging lanterns behind the Mexican restaurant.  There was probably enough room for 30 people to sit, stand and dance.  I chose this option to save costs, but if you have a really big group that likes to party, you might want to set up a dance floor on the beach with bar set up.  At 11:00, the Royal Elite restaurant became a disco, so some of us went back to party the night away!  

My only minor issue was that the music from the Chill Out bar was simply horrible, I don't know if I could have had them play a CD or hook up an ipod, but the bartender seemed to have limited control to change the music.  We ended up having the bar turn the music way down and asked the mariachi band from the restaurant to come out to play two songs for my husband and I to dance to, and then for my dad and I.   We gave them $10 for two song and it was worth it to get these two traditional dances in.  

The whole day was great!  I highly recommend it.  Here are a few pictures to help get a sense of the venue.  If I get some other pictures of the day that might be good for others to see, I will post later.  

AppleMark

#10 Heather Car

Heather Car
                    • 4 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:01 PM

AppleMark

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users