Photo

Show us your wedding dress!

• Please log in to reply
8281 replies to this topic

#861 Boo

Boo
  • 785 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 08:56 PM

After being engaged for nearly 5 months I finally decided to go dress shopping, this is the front runner after I hit half the stores on my list

Mathia by Lea Ann Betler

Lea Ann Belter Bridal - Niagara Collection - Mathia

#862 carolina24

carolina24
    • 1,573 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 09:07 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by gettingmarried
      That looks great on you!!
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by finleys7
      Great choice, it's made for you =)
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by KittenHeart
      Gorgeous dress!
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by elifrigo
      Where did you get this dresss!!! it is amazing and LOOKS GREAT ON YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Thank you ladies!!!! :) I got it at New Natalies Bridal in Atlanta, Ga. It's a Maggie Sottero (Zuri). I got it during their trunk show so I saved like $300!!

Quote:
      Originally Posted by bahiabride2010
      K Ladies...here's a few shots my wedding dress! Carolina it looks super on you! Don't you just love the way the top creates such a beautiful shape! Mine still needs to be altered but I won't do those till May! Funny that they both came in at the same time and we tried them on the same day! It's a Maggie Sottero...the Zuri Dress!
      thanks babe, you look amazing!! i LOVE the top b/c it gives such a great shape, but it's still soft and flowy :)

#863 JaimeandBrandon

JaimeandBrandon
      • 370 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 07:27 PM

I'm so excited... I got my wedding dress this past weekend!! I honestly thought that it was going to take months of searching but I found a dress I love my first weekend looking! I still need get alterations because it's a little long and I want to shorten the train. I want to use the excess lace to add cap sleeves and a key hole back... the last picture gives an example of this.

Here it is on the model:
        Click the image to open in full size.
        I think it's soooo much prettier in person though... you can't see how it sparkles in this picture

On me:

The back:

On the hanger:

What I want to add from the excess lace of the train:

I'm so happy! I love my dress! I wish you could see how the detail on the bust area and then around the bottom of the dress really sparkles... I think it will be so pretty on the beach... I hope! And if you all knew me you would know how amazing it is that I found and settled on a dress in just ONE weekend... seriously, my senior year of high school I went shopping with my friends almost every weekend for about 5 months looking for a prom dress!

#864 SheriB

SheriB
        • 597 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 07:39 PM

Jaime, your dress is gorgeous!! What is it? You look so stunning in it...!

#865 JaimeandBrandon

JaimeandBrandon
          • 370 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 07:51 PM

Thank you Sheri! It's Sophia Tolli- Lara... turns out Sophia Tolli was the head designer for Maggie Sottero for ten years. It's a few years old. I got it in the outlet section! And I was so afraid that I was going to fall in love with a $5,000 dress! I also love it because it's a corset and sucks in all those areas I don't like!

Jaime :-)

#866 Andi

Andi

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 3,490 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 08:11 PM

ohhh very pretty! I like the idea of putting the lace as a keyhole back with cap sleeves. so are you going to cut the entire train off?

#867 JaimeandBrandon

JaimeandBrandon
              • 370 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 08:26 PM

I don't know! I can't decide... I just know I don't want it as long as it is. I don't mind a little train but I just don't know if I even want one at all. I will have to think about it!

:-)

#868 brookedanielle

brookedanielle
                • 59 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 08:28 PM

omg I love this thread and I'm not really sure why I never visited it before. Dress shopping has been my favorite part of the whole wedding planning process. Everybody's dresses look absolutely amazing!

So! My dress... I actually bought it in November 2008, it came in May 2009. I've clocked about 3 or 4 hours in my dress total so far, because I love going to visit it and try it on. I have yet to get it altered and have it in my hands for good and it's driving me insane.

It's a "Kirstie Kelly for Disney Fairytale Weddings"

I only have one picture of me actually in the dress and it's pretty bad quality because we had to sneak a picture with a phone. Can't wait to have it, and I'll definitely repost a picture of me in it.

#869 bluestarfishsea

bluestarfishsea
                  • 25 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 08:47 PM

I just got married on Feb 21st in Punta Cana. I got my dress from lightinthebox.com (China). i loved it-it fit like a glove and i wasnt worred about it gettting wrecked at my TTD bc I didnt pay much

I paid $120 incl shipping-I chose a long bridesmaid dress but in ivory. It was their own design but they also do knockoff versions of so many dresses and will custom make any dress if you have some photos...although I think its probably the safest to choose from the designer dresses they offer to make on their site. you can pay $20 more to have the dress custom sized.

Hope this helps and good luck!

#870 brookedanielle

brookedanielle
                    • 59 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 09:10 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by bluestarfishsea
                      I just got married on Feb 21st in Punta Cana. I got my dress from lightinthebox.com (China). i loved it-it fit like a glove and i wasnt worred about it gettting wrecked at my TTD bc I didnt pay much

I paid $120 incl shipping-I chose a long bridesmaid dress but in ivory. It was their own design but they also do knockoff versions of so many dresses and will custom make any dress if you have some photos...although I think its probably the safest to choose from the designer dresses they offer to make on their site. you can pay $20 more to have the dress custom sized.

Hope this helps and good luck!

Congrats on your wedding!

Beautiful dress! And you just can't beat that price!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users