Jump to content

Photo

Show us your wedding dress!


  • Please log in to reply
8281 replies to this topic

#7421 Bridetobe2014

Bridetobe2014
  • Jr. Member
  • 161 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 12, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Akumal Beach Resort

Posted 16 June 2013 - 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by Lucy79 

very beautiful gown.  It looked amazing

Wow! This dress was gorgeous and very unique. I like it a lot


I am excited to marry the most loving man I have ever met and to become part of his amazing family.


#7422 nanasb1214

nanasb1214
  • Newbie
  • 37 posts

    Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:12 AM

    CGeraisToBe, I also googled you dress it is absolutely beautiful !!!



    #7423 Snoopy129

    Snoopy129
    • Jr. Member
    • 158 posts

      Posted 17 June 2013 - 12:23 PM

      Originally Posted by lorcas 

      I thought I was starting early when I went dress shopping (this past memorial day). It's a year in advance. But I pretty much went because my mom offered to pay for my dress and she was visiting me in Baltimore from Central Florida. Time was limited, but I found my dress!!! :)


      congrats on finding it!!!



      #7424 CGervaisToBe

      CGervaisToBe
      • Newbie
      • 59 posts

        Posted 17 June 2013 - 01:02 PM

        Originally Posted by Lucy79 

        Just googled it. very pretty! congrats!


         

         

        Thank you!! :) I'm super excited to surprise the FI with it! It does wonders for the torso area even if you aren't slim! ;) haha



        #7425 CGervaisToBe

        CGervaisToBe
        • Newbie
        • 59 posts

          Posted 17 June 2013 - 01:03 PM

          Originally Posted by nanasb1214 

          CGeraisToBe, I also googled you dress it is absolutely beautiful !!!


          Thank you, thank you!!! :)



          #7426 lorcas

          lorcas
          • Jr. Member
          • 297 posts

            Posted 17 June 2013 - 01:31 PM

            Originally Posted by Snoopy129 


            congrats on finding it!!!

             thank you!!! :)



            #7427 EVKnowsitall

            EVKnowsitall
            • Member
            • 593 posts

              Posted 18 June 2013 - 07:08 AM

              I went in for a fitting yesterday- after crying about my job all day and I almost passed out in my dress. the room was hot, the boning was super tight on my ribcage, and I had cried the entire car ride there to my MOH about all my stress. I almost fell off my pedestal lol, they had to take me out of the room for air, but I was fine after that. Definitely a "crunchtime we're almost there moment" 

               

              Anyway, I had my straps altered because they were too long, and I had my bustle done yesterday. I didn't need a hem!!!! So my final fitting is Monday, June 24th and I pick up my dress Monday, July 1st. I'll post pics of the final complete. So excited. I looooooove my dress. I don't know why the ribcage is so tight though. It's not even tight on my tummy, just at the ribs. It restricts my breathing a little, not exactly the most comfortable thing I have ever worn in my life lol.


              Happily married to the love of my life- since July 5, 2013

              #7428 Jenny2014

              Jenny2014
              • Member
              • 503 posts

                Posted 18 June 2013 - 08:12 AM

                Originally Posted by EVKnowsitall 

                I went in for a fitting yesterday- after crying about my job all day and I almost passed out in my dress. the room was hot, the boning was super tight on my ribcage, and I had cried the entire car ride there to my MOH about all my stress. I almost fell off my pedestal lol, they had to take me out of the room for air, but I was fine after that. Definitely a "crunchtime we're almost there moment" 

                 

                Anyway, I had my straps altered because they were too long, and I had my bustle done yesterday. I didn't need a hem!!!! So my final fitting is Monday, June 24th and I pick up my dress Monday, July 1st. I'll post pics of the final complete. So excited. I looooooove my dress. I don't know why the ribcage is so tight though. It's not even tight on my tummy, just at the ribs. It restricts my breathing a little, not exactly the most comfortable thing I have ever worn in my life lol.

                First, for a moment I panicked because I saw you changed your profile picture, and I thought your wedding had happened already! Glad it's so close but I didn't miss it.... but gorgeous picture anyways!!!!!

                 

                Secondly, so sorry your job is stressing you out that much that you can't even enjoy your fitting and really take in these moments! Can they do anything about the boning to loosen it a bit for you??

                 

                Glad you love your dress! That is super important and it is just stunning! Can't wait to see final pictures of it!



                #7429 EVKnowsitall

                EVKnowsitall
                • Member
                • 593 posts

                  Posted 18 June 2013 - 09:39 AM

                  Originally Posted by Jenny2014 

                  First, for a moment I panicked because I saw you changed your profile picture, and I thought your wedding had happened already! Glad it's so close but I didn't miss it.... but gorgeous picture anyways!!!!!

                   

                  Secondly, so sorry your job is stressing you out that much that you can't even enjoy your fitting and really take in these moments! Can they do anything about the boning to loosen it a bit for you??

                   

                  Glad you love your dress! That is super important and it is just stunning! Can't wait to see final pictures of it!

                  HAHA no those are our E-session photos. We paid a Living Social Photographer- Angelica Criscuolo- $99 for a 1 hr shoot with 5 pictures and the option to purchase more. Because we never got around to our E-session, I asked her if she would follow us to City Hall as we did our legal civil ceremony in our home state. She agreed and voila. My friend snapped that pic with his phone though, I'll receive hers in about a week. She was awesome. 

                   

                  They said they could loosen the boning but it might change the structure of the dress so they are reluctant to do it. The seamstress said "you look beautiful how do you feel" I said "like I can't breathe" and she said "you look beautiful" lol she completely ignored me. I even asked if I should lose a few pounds and she said no because it wouldn't change my ribs lol. She's a trip. 


                  Happily married to the love of my life- since July 5, 2013

                  #7430 lorcas

                  lorcas
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 297 posts

                    Posted 19 June 2013 - 11:12 AM

                    I've meant to post a pic for a while. This is before any alterations (obviously the length will be cut since I'm so short haha). I still plan on losing some weight and getting rid of the dreaded armpit fat. Lol Posted Image Posted Image




                    0 user(s) are reading this topic

                    0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users