Photo

Show us your wedding dress!

• Please log in to reply
8281 replies to this topic

#7301 CdnBrideJoanne

CdnBrideJoanne
  • 145 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 01:29 PM

I have a question for past brides.... if you could go back in time to select your dress for your destination wedding, would you still buy a full length lined gown???

I worry about being too hot as my wedding is at noon!

#7302 Peach

Peach
    • 1,293 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by CdnBrideJoanne 

I have a question for past brides.... if you could go back in time to select your dress for your destination wedding, would you still buy a full length lined gown???

This is a good question. I originally wanted a short dress and this was one of the reasons why. I ended up with a long one though... but it is pretty light. I am curious what previous brides will have said.

#7303 TealMarie

TealMarie
      • 254 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 05:35 PM

Wow! You're stunning!

Originally Posted by DaniScales2b 

This is my wedding dress I purchased from Kleinfelds.  It's a Lazaro and it was absolutely beautiful with tons of beaded detail. Loved it!  I need an excuse to wear it again! 

#7304 VanessaBB

VanessaBB
        • 137 posts
        • Wedding Date:December 4, 2013
        • Wedding Location:Majestic Colonial Punta Cana
        • LocationToronto Canads

Posted 10 May 2013 - 09:45 PM

Posted Image Just picked out this bridesmaid dress. Honestly hardest thing to have girls agree on everything and finding a dress that can look good on all different body types! They plan on wearing some sort of belt with their dress.

#7305 VanessaBB

VanessaBB
        • 137 posts
        • Wedding Date:December 4, 2013
        • Wedding Location:Majestic Colonial Punta Cana
        • LocationToronto Canads

Posted 10 May 2013 - 09:48 PM

Daniscales2B did u do a trash te dress photoshoot with ur dress ? U looked gorgeous !

#7306 AllieH

AllieH
        • Resort/Area Ambassadors
        • 2,014 posts
        • Wedding Date:November 5, 2012
        • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale, Riviera Maya MX
        • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 11 May 2013 - 05:33 AM

Hi Joanne,

Yes, I would. It was about what looked best on me, and what made me feel beautiful. I tried on a number of the lighter weight "destination" dresses, and they just weren't flattering for my body type. I was hot and sweaty dancing at the reception - it just didn't matter to me. I wanted to enjoy every second of the party, and I did! 

My advice is to find the dress you love, and embrace every bit of it. You can always take a break to freshen up, or cool off for a few minutes. Take some blotter paper with you in your bride bag, and some extra make up to do a quick fix. Then get back to that party and enjoy it. 

Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

El Dorado Royale Brides Thread <---come chat with other EDR brides

AllieH's EDR 11-5-2012 Planning Thread <--because it was so awesome

#7307 DaniScales2b

DaniScales2b
        • Site Supporter
        • 50 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by VanessaBB 

Daniscales2B did u do a trash te dress photoshoot with ur dress ? U looked gorgeous !

Hi Vanessa,

No, I didn't do the trash the dress, just a few shots on the beach before sunset.  Thank you so much!  One of the best days of my life. :)

#7308 CdnBrideJoanne

CdnBrideJoanne
          • 145 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by AllieH 

Hi Joanne,

Yes, I would. It was about what looked best on me, and what made me feel beautiful. I tried on a number of the lighter weight "destination" dresses, and they just weren't flattering for my body type. I was hot and sweaty dancing at the reception - it just didn't matter to me. I wanted to enjoy every second of the party, and I did! 

My advice is to find the dress you love, and embrace every bit of it. You can always take a break to freshen up, or cool off for a few minutes. Take some blotter paper with you in your bride bag, and some extra make up to do a quick fix. Then get back to that party and enjoy it. 

Thanks for the advice Allie.  I'm going dress shopping next weekend so I will just see what looks best.  Ultimately, I would like to find a dress with a detachable train.  That may solve everything!

#7309 brendalb

brendalb
            • 22 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 09:33 AM

Wow i got a chiffion online very cheap for my reception all white from china n a cinderella wedding gown wow beautiful from china , 132.00

#7310 dzaccaria

dzaccaria
              • 148 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 06:51 AM

Thanks for the advice Allie.  I'm going dress shopping next weekend so I will just see what looks best.  Ultimately, I would like to find a dress with a detachable train.  That may solve everything!

Check out the Alfred Angelo style #2219... its a long dress with a detachable bottom and it is gorgeous! Then you would get the best of both worlds!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users