#7071 UMassRN007

UMassRN007
  • 230 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 18, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Now Jade
  • LocationBoston, MA

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by Kristina610 

I need opinions on dress colors.  I tried on dresses yesterday and all of them were a shade of ivory, until the second store, then I tried white.  I'm not sure which color will look better on the beach or if it even matters?  My concern is standing next to my fianc© in khaki and a white shirt and my dress being ivory.  Maybe I am over thinking this??

I was contemplating this a lot when trying on dresses as well....I always though I needed a white dress, but the ivory just looked so much better with my skin tone....in looking at pictures of other peoples weddings, I've noticed white, ivory, and blush dresses and they have all looked amazing!!  My fiance is also going to be wearing khaki suit with a white shirt (and some type of tie, but i cant decide which color lol) People are going to be so stuck on how stunning YOU look that they wont notice that your dress and his shirt don't match :)  Go with the dress you loveeee and never want to take off!!

#7072 LKocelko

LKocelko
  • 350 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:28 PM

I need opinions on dress colors.  I tried on dresses yesterday and all of them were a shade of ivory, until the second store, then I tried white.  I'm not sure which color will look better on the beach or if it even matters?  My concern is standing next to my fianc© in khaki and a white shirt and my dress being ivory.  Maybe I am over thinking this??

I would figure out what color looks best with your skin, and go with that. I'm very fair-skinned, so a light ivory looked better on me. They can make so many shades of ivory, I'm sure you could find a light one.

#7073 KaraMae

KaraMae
    • 60 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:30 PM

I think because khaki and ivory are both neutral it'll match well. Most dresses are not super dark. Mine in ivory above and you can see it's fairly light but not the bright white most dresses come in. I say pick what you want! White or ivory will look nice! :) 

#7074 Kristina610

Kristina610
      • 68 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:07 PM

Thanks ladies for the input!!

#7075 EVKnowsitall

EVKnowsitall
        • 593 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:10 PM

My dress is just a tinge Ivory. I did not like the bright diamond white when I tried dresses on- but after not seeing my dress for almost a year when I did the inspection I almost cried when I saw the color lol. I felt better once it was on. I feel like the ivory is great especially for evening weddings and I agree that it will contrast nicely with your fiances khaki suit. My fiance is wearing a navy blue suit so the diamond white was to much of a contrast- although I bought my dress way before he decided on a suit. I also like the ivory because let's face it- I live with my fiance and I am not as pure as the snow. Also- not that I am old- but I think the ivory has an air of sophistication. In the end- none of what anyone says will matter. It's all about how you feel in the dress and sometimes the dress we least expect turns out to be the one. Have fun!

Happily married to the love of my life- since July 5, 2013

#7076 Scarma

Scarma
          • 175 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:50 AM

My BM told me that be careful with the color Ivory as in some scenarios it can look dirty. But i love Ivory! 

#7077 Emmani

Emmani
            • Banned
            • 1 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:23 PM

Wow,all girls' dresses are so beautiful. I want to be a Princess. However, I'm a big girl. Please help me, how about this A-line Ball Gown Princess Wedding Dress ? Girls' opinions ?Thanks a lot.

#7078 Sophia2616

Sophia2616
              • 143 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by MrsHK 

Wow ladies, I love all the dresses on here! You all look fantastic!

I bought a Ramona Keveza dress second hand (and saved $1800, woo hoo!) These photos are from last summer before any alterations. I'm going to be getting the alterations done in March, including beading all the way down the back, and will also be wearing a sash on my wedding day. The veil I'm wearing in the last photo isn't mine, that's just the one the shop had for me to try on. Mine has a clip with lace and pearls rather than a flower.

Love this and you look amazing!

WOW Katy!!! stunning!!!

#7079 J0hanna

J0hanna
                • 81 posts
                • Wedding Date:October 3, 2014
                • Wedding Location:Villa Del Arco
                • LocationCabo San Lucas

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:07 AM

You look beautiful! I also love your bouquet! those are my colors, did they paint them for you? congrats!

Originally Posted by philanab 

Here's a few pictures of me in my dress on my wedding day

#7080 philanab

philanab
                • 178 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:06 PM

You look beautiful! I also love your bouquet! those are my colors, did they paint them for you? congrats!

Yes, they are painted calalilies. They turned out much better than i expected, and I'm getting tons of compliments on them. Your fuchsia and orange will really pop against the turquoise water and white sand beach backdrop...great pick ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users