Photo

Show us your wedding dress!

• Please log in to reply
8281 replies to this topic

#6941 Dawn Grobe

Dawn Grobe
  • 24 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:29 PM

Thank you!  No, I haven't posted this dress before...I'm new to this site.  The fabric is chiffon. 

#6942 Walkentall

Walkentall
    • 2 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:20 AM

Hey girls, I'm pretty new here and planning a quick second wedding at Dreams Cancun in April.  I picked out my dress at David's Bridal after trying on only about 6 dresses.  Since this my second go-round, I've been amazed at how much easier it all is! The dress I ultimately picked is not one I liked on the rack.  The saleslady suggested I try it however, and I was totally sold! I haven't seen anyone else on here or other websites with this dress, though, so I hope it isn't too unfashionable.  I had a more traditional strapless ballgown for my first wedding, and I wanted this one to be more classic and grownup.  I'm also a huge Downton Abbey fan, and there's something about the back of this dress that reminds me of bygone eras.  It will look beautiful on the beach (although the actual ceremony will be in the Gazebo at Dreams).  Anyway, here's my dress, plus the dress on the model.  I was surprised how different it looked on me.  I was wearing a slip that's showing through, so hopefully there won't be that weird line across my middle at the wedding, and if I manage to stand up straight, my spine won't be so poky-looking.  =)

#6943 Kay6356

Kay6356
      • 543 posts
      • Wedding Date:January 24, 2014
      • Wedding Location:Iberostar Laguna Azul
      • LocationVaradero, Cuba

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:31 PM

So I took my dress to a bridal boutique to see about what to do with my train.. I haven't tried my dress on in SO long but I still LOVE it!!!! :)  Here are some better pictures of me in it !

Have decided to bustle the train up to the second 'ruffle' for the ceremony and everything, where it gets bustled we are attaching a starfish brooch to add something of the 'beach' to the dress :)

#6944 elissae

elissae
      • 631 posts
      • Wedding Date:April 2, 2013
      • Wedding Location:Riu Palace Riviera Maya
      • LocationClifton Park, NY

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:51 PM

I am so happy you were able to make it work!!!  i think it's perfect placement for your bustle!  CONGRATS SWEETIE!!!

Originally Posted by Kay6356 

So I took my dress to a bridal boutique to see about what to do with my train.. I haven't tried my dress on in SO long but I still LOVE it!!!! :)  Here are some better pictures of me in it !

Have decided to bustle the train up to the second 'ruffle' for the ceremony and everything, where it gets bustled we are attaching a starfish brooch to add something of the 'beach' to the dress :)

Blissfully married since April 2, 2013.

#6945 J0hanna

J0hanna
      • 81 posts
      • Wedding Date:October 3, 2014
      • Wedding Location:Villa Del Arco
      • LocationCabo San Lucas

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:46 PM

I am getting fitted at the end of March for Sottero & Midgley dresses but this is the one I will be ordering ;) I initially had a different one in mind but they discontinued it :(

#6946 Scarma

Scarma
      • 175 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by Kay6356 

Absolutely love it!! you look gorgeous!!! 

#6947 Scarma

Scarma
        • 175 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by Kristen112808 

Gorgeous dresses!  It's reassuring that I don't have to pick a 'beach wedding' ...ie flowy... dress! ;-)

I am going to get a hoop! What a difference it makes for air flow!!

#6948 Scarma

Scarma
          • 175 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:32 PM

I also went dress shopping with my girls this weekend and boy i have learned alot. You really need to shop around. I feel in love with my dress and to some $1500 is no that bad but I do! Also when the dress was discontinued in 09! I went online and us Canadians still have a downfall of finding a great dress like the Americans. Yes i could get it shipped but I might as well buy it for $1500. Anyways I'm glad I didnt just on it because i went home and on buy and sell there was the exact one for 400. Which i got her down to $360. Look i know some people think its bad joojoo ot buy a second hand but i look at it this way, the dress at the store has how many naked girls fitting in it?? At least this one was one and she is still happily married. CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 75

#6949 LKocelko

LKocelko
            • 350 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:07 PM

I went to get my dress from the salon Sunday, and of course forgot to take pictures haha. I'll have to remember when I go for my first fitting on the 11th.

#6950 Marymack

Marymack
              • 414 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:52 PM

Love your dress!! What are you doing for a bra sonce back os so low??

I though I had posted my dress on here, but I looked back in my posts and I don;t think I did after all. I had posted it in another thread about shoes :) So here goes... Mine is Jim Hjelm 8011. I absolutely fell in LOVE with it after seeing it on an episode of Say Yes to the Dress months before FI and I even got engaged, lol! When we did get engaged in November, I emailed Vows Bridal store in Boston, MA to see if they could get it in. About 3 wks later I got an email saying they had it in my size!! woot.gif I only have 1 pic of it on, as I haven't started alterations yet and its too hard to take pics wearing it, but here it is on the model and hanging...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users