Jump to content

Photo

Show us your wedding dress!


  • Please log in to reply
8281 replies to this topic

#6881 alexisinjamaica

alexisinjamaica

    Moderator

  • Moderators
  • 562 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 13, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Secrets St. James, Montego Bay
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:09 PM

Anyone else ever get dress regret? I got engaged 10/5/12 and because of the May date had to find my dress ASAP. It wasn't quite the relaxing, fun experience I anticipated. Now looking at all these gorgeous gowns (or if I ever have on SYTTD or any other TLC show) I start seriously second-guessing. Maybe because I haven't had it on in so long? I feel crazy!

Yes, totally. That is how I ended up buying three dresses! Luckily I was able to cancel the first one without losing any money. Second one I had to pay for but I sold it (at a huge loss). Third one I am keeping and at some point you just have to stop looking or you'll make yourself crazy! There are so many beautiful dresses. But when it's your wedding day and you're all done up you'll remember why you fell in love with the dress you're wearing and forget about all the others. :)

#6882 alexisinjamaica

alexisinjamaica

    Moderator

  • Moderators
  • 562 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 13, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Secrets St. James, Montego Bay
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:11 PM

Wow ladies, I love all the dresses on here! You all look fantastic! I bought a Ramona Keveza dress second hand (and saved $1800, woo hoo!) These photos are from last summer before any alterations. I'm going to be getting the alterations done in March, including beading all the way down the back, and will also be wearing a sash on my wedding day. The veil I'm wearing in the last photo isn't mine, that's just the one the shop had for me to try on. Mine has a clip with lace and pearls rather than a flower. AppleMark AppleMark AppleMark

Love this and you look amazing!!

#6883 Dazeydawl

Dazeydawl
  • Member
  • 861 posts

    Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:12 PM

    Originally Posted by LKocelko 

    Anyone else ever get dress regret? I got engaged 10/5/12 and because of the May date had to find my dress ASAP. It wasn't quite the relaxing, fun experience I anticipated. Now looking at all these gorgeous gowns (or if I ever have on SYTTD or any other TLC show) I start seriously second-guessing. Maybe because I haven't had it on in so long? I feel crazy!

     

    i am with you on that. I have had regret on several occasions!!! sometimes still do. I have gone in to the bridal salon several times to try it on again, sometimes i think it  has too much going on and i should have went with a simpler dress like the one on mrshk or lgerry as i really wanted a lace dress, but then i think of how those silhouettes looked on me (horrible, i do not have the body for that style). The girls at the shop always reassure me that its gorgeous and not not much, and at the end of the day i end up loving it again. But still that regret sometimes sits there.



    #6884 lianne

    lianne
    • Newbie
    • 134 posts

      Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:18 AM

      Originally Posted by Dazeydawl 

       

      i am with you on that. I have had regret on several occasions!!! sometimes still do. I have gone in to the bridal salon several times to try it on again, sometimes i think it  has too much going on and i should have went with a simpler dress like the one on mrshk or lgerry as i really wanted a lace dress, but then i think of how those silhouettes looked on me (horrible, i do not have the body for that style). The girls at the shop always reassure me that its gorgeous and not not much, and at the end of the day i end up loving it again. But still that regret sometimes sits there.

      Same here!  



      #6885 elissae

      elissae
      • Member
      • 631 posts
      • Wedding Date:April 2, 2013
      • Wedding Location:Riu Palace Riviera Maya
      • LocationClifton Park, NY

      Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:45 AM

      Originally Posted by Dazeydawl 

       

      i am with you on that. I have had regret on several occasions!!! sometimes still do. I have gone in to the bridal salon several times to try it on again, sometimes i think it  has too much going on and i should have went with a simpler dress like the one on mrshk or lgerry as i really wanted a lace dress, but then i think of how those silhouettes looked on me (horrible, i do not have the body for that style). The girls at the shop always reassure me that its gorgeous and not not much, and at the end of the day i end up loving it again. But still that regret sometimes sits there.

      Me too!  I had that feeling when my dress came in 9 months after ordering.  I even had to stop watching SYTTD because I was starting to see so many other pretty dresses!  Although, I had my first fitting 2 weeks ago and now I am sure it is the dress!!  It is all coming together now, the accessories, alterations, etc.  I am super excited to wear it.  We leave 5 weeks from tomrrow. 

       

      It's only natural....xoxo


      Blissfully married since April 2, 2013.


      #6886 LKocelko

      LKocelko
      • Jr. Member
      • 350 posts

        Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:58 AM

        Thank you all! I also had to stop watching TLC because it just bummed me out! I also felt like I was waiting for that 'ah ha' moment where I (and everyone else) would cry and I'd just know it was "the one." I blame SYTTD for this haha. I was much more pratical, and just knew I had to find a dress. Maybe I just need to go try it on again, because when I have it on I do love it. I think part of it is that I isn't at all what I thought I would get, but I have to remind myself there's a reason I didn't get another one. Oh well - no turning back now! Haha :)



        #6887 EVKnowsitall

        EVKnowsitall
        • Member
        • 593 posts

          Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:18 AM

          Originally Posted by LKocelko 

          Thank you all! I also had to stop watching TLC because it just bummed me out! I also felt like I was waiting for that 'ah ha' moment where I (and everyone else) would cry and I'd just know it was "the one." I blame SYTTD for this haha. I was much more pratical, and just knew I had to find a dress. Maybe I just need to go try it on again, because when I have it on I do love it. I think part of it is that I isn't at all what I thought I would get, but I have to remind myself there's a reason I didn't get another one. Oh well - no turning back now! Haha :)

          LOL So true! I was watching TLC's new show Something Borrowed, Something New and everyone cried when they saw the bride- her sister, her mother, she was crying...yea that never happened. My fiance looked at me and said "Awwww baby did you cry when you found the one" and I said "Um...no" He didn't believe me because I am usually a crier. I cry at stupid commercials lol but I think I waited for that moment when you just KNOW its the one and I think its because of all these shows. Keep in mind- most of these people usually have overcome hardships- like battling cancer, the loss of a parent. I feel like they have a lot more riding on that moment. Granted- my dad will not be going to my wedding and I lost 60 pounds before I tried on my dress so I had some emotions involved too- but I didn't have that moment. And I had to try the dress on three times haha. It was the second dress I tried on and I loved it but I wanted to try more dresses. I tried on a few but kept comparing it to that dress so the consultant put it back on. It wasn't until she put a veil and bouquet in my hands that I started blushing and couldn't stop staring at myself.

           

          When I went to inspect the dress after it was made, I cried. It looked nothing like I remembered. I think I had a panic attack and I hated it. My mom calmed me down and said "you have to try it on" but the salon wouldn't allow me too because they were closing. I had to make another appointment- a month away to try it on. So for a month, I worried and thought about how much I hated my dress. But at my inspection fitting- I loved it.

           

          It's like with anything else in life- take the flights for instance. My friend paid $850 for her flight...this week? $495...but the week before they were $1,050. It's a gamble. Our 2012 Nissan Altima- brand new when we bought it in 2011- Now? Completely redesigned and I want the new one lol. There will always be something bigger, blingier, more unique...etc. But you chose your dress for a reason- and like other brides said- when its on with all the accessories and the hair done and the makeup and its your day- you wil feel beautiful.


          Happily married to the love of my life- since July 5, 2013

          #6888 EVKnowsitall

          EVKnowsitall
          • Member
          • 593 posts

            Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:20 AM

            Originally Posted by Dazeydawl 

             

            i am with you on that. I have had regret on several occasions!!! sometimes still do. I have gone in to the bridal salon several times to try it on again, sometimes i think it  has too much going on and i should have went with a simpler dress like the one on mrshk or lgerry as i really wanted a lace dress, but then i think of how those silhouettes looked on me (horrible, i do not have the body for that style). The girls at the shop always reassure me that its gorgeous and not not much, and at the end of the day i end up loving it again. But still that regret sometimes sits there.

            No regrets for you! Your dress is one of my favs!


            Happily married to the love of my life- since July 5, 2013

            #6889 EVKnowsitall

            EVKnowsitall
            • Member
            • 593 posts

              Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:23 AM

              Originally Posted by MrsHK 

              Wow ladies, I love all the dresses on here! You all look fantastic!

               

              I bought a Ramona Keveza dress second hand (and saved $1800, woo hoo!) These photos are from last summer before any alterations. I'm going to be getting the alterations done in March, including beading all the way down the back, and will also be wearing a sash on my wedding day. The veil I'm wearing in the last photo isn't mine, that's just the one the shop had for me to try on. Mine has a clip with lace and pearls rather than a flower.

               

               

              AppleMark

               

              AppleMark

               

              AppleMark

              Forget the dress...you are stunning. I think whatever you wear will look great, you look like you popped out of a magazine- I love the V back though!


              Happily married to the love of my life- since July 5, 2013

              #6890 dzaccaria

              dzaccaria
              • Newbie
              • 148 posts

                Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:48 AM

                Originally Posted by MrsHK 

                Wow ladies, I love all the dresses on here! You all look fantastic!

                 

                I bought a Ramona Keveza dress second hand (and saved $1800, woo hoo!) These photos are from last summer before any alterations. I'm going to be getting the alterations done in March, including beading all the way down the back, and will also be wearing a sash on my wedding day. The veil I'm wearing in the last photo isn't mine, that's just the one the shop had for me to try on. Mine has a clip with lace and pearls rather than a flower.

                 

                 

                AppleMark

                 

                AppleMark

                 

                AppleMark

                Wow this dress is absolutely stunning!! Its so romantic and I can totally picture it with the beading all the way down!






                0 user(s) are reading this topic

                0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users