Photo

Show us your wedding dress!

• Please log in to reply
8281 replies to this topic

#6641 newbiebridetobe

newbiebridetobe
  • 74 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:55 AM

I have my fitting with my Maggie Mia on January 12th and will post pictures too :)  I bought it in Ivory.

#6642 lescole44

lescole44
    • 22 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:54 AM

Love this!

#6643 CokonLove

CokonLove
      • 46 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by newbiebridetobe 

I have my fitting with my Maggie Mia on January 12th and will post pictures too :)  I bought it in Ivory.

We should do a forum on here just for the MIA dress...LOL!  I Bought mine in Ivory as well.  I can't wait to see the pictures.

#6644 CokonLove

CokonLove
        • 46 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by EVKnowsitall 

Thank you Kay! Blushing bride to be over here lol I'm going bridesmaid shopping this Saturday, the 5th, which will be exactly 6 months to the day of my wedding. I can't wait to pick out their dresses to find a compliment to my dress.

Your dress is absolutely beautiful. Love it!

#6645 meems

meems
          • 12 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:09 PM

You never know, I'm only 5'-1", it might work for you! Try some on :)

Originally Posted by Lori Granados 

WOW GORGEOUS DRESS!!!!! would love a dress this style but i'm 4'11" don't know if it would suite me

#6646 heather1214

heather1214
            • 229 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:45 AM

So pretty!!!  Congrats, it looks amazing!!! I can't wait until my girls dresses come in so I have an excuse to go back and try mine on again!  (hopefully a few pounds lighter as well)

I agree about the shoes.  I love shoes like any other woman and I normally would be all about the bling, but other than a few pictures, who is going to see them before I end up in flip flops! 

Originally Posted by EVKnowsitall 

I am so elated I cannot contain myself. Dress regret is gone! Any ladies with dress regret- go try your dress on again. It really is a different experience than looking at a picture or seeing it on a hanger. Yesterday was my first fitting and we killed two birds with one stone by attending a veil and headpiece trunk show. I tried on my dress to make sure it fit (WOOOOW was it tight and HEAVY!...I have to lose about 5 pounds to be comfortable in it. It fits- but I can't sit comfortably in it). The sample wasn't heavy because it wasn't my correct size so it was just hanging but my actual dress- I think might weigh 10 pounds. I did not know it would be that heavy I will probably melt in July. That wasn't too well thought out but I guess you only have one wedding LOL For the veil and headpiece show, I put the sample on so I wouldn't ruin my dress. I went with a cathedral veil with a rhinestone trim. I got a separate headband so I can take the veil off for my reception.

Originally I wanted to wear chandelier earrings and a teardrop necklace, but because I have a lot going on- I will probably wear simple pearl drop earrings and no necklace at all. You cant tell, but my dress has some pearl accents on the straps and on the bottom. I also decided to forego these ultra blinged out shoes I wanted. I am going to go with a plain pair of shoes- besides NO ONE can see my shoes under this thing. I was walking around in tube socks in these pictures lol. Going to my fitting made me super amped about the wedding! All I need to do is add cups to the dress because I can't wear a bra since the back is cut slightly below the bra strap. 

#6647 EVKnowsitall

EVKnowsitall
              • 593 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:27 PM

Thank you Heather! I know 6 months sounds like a way away but I am a school teacher- my entire life is measured in months lol and I can tell you 6 months feels like its around the corner! I am finally feeling like we are getting married! We had a 1 year and 8 month engagement, so initially the wedding seemed so far away but now that contracts are pouring in and items are being purchased it feels real! My fiance and I keep looking at each other and going "wow 6 months" LOL we both can't believe it. 

Any excuse to try on your dress is a good one. My dress makes me feel a kind of beauty I have never felt in my life. I know it sounds corny, but it feels so ethereal and unreal when I try it on. My salon says I can swing by whenever to try it but I feel silly, plus I dont want them taking it out of the vault and my fingers touching it etc. My alterations fitting is in April and my final fitting will be early June.

Yay ladies we are getting married!!!!! 

I'm excited to be a bride and to see all your reviews and your final, big days! There are plenty of beautiful dresses and ladies on this forum!

Happily married to the love of my life- since July 5, 2013

#6648 Futuremrsbinns

Futuremrsbinns
                • 23 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:48 PM

Such beautiful dresses. Can't wait to find "my dress"

#6649 Futuremrsbinns

Futuremrsbinns
                  • 23 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:48 PM

Such beautiful dresses. Can't wait to find "my dress"

#6650 TIGERLILYODP

TIGERLILYODP
                    • 122 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:40 PM

When i found my dress i cried so i just knew it was the one ! the picture does not do it justice its beautiful very shimmery with tiny diamantes all over it :0)

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users