Show us your wedding dress!

• Please log in to reply
8281 replies to this topic

#6501 ChocoTaco7568

ChocoTaco7568
  • 955 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by EmilyT 

hey everyone... so i finally went for my try on appointment ( still needs to be fitted ) and it was the first time i saw my dress in all ivory and i loved it ;) i tried it on in champagne ivory and made the switch to all ivory without ever seeing it so i was terrified. anyway i cannot decide between a birdcage veil and a long veil.... i decided the short veil is not for me so its one of these.... after the ceremony i am just going to put a flower/sparkly clip thing in my hair.. all opinions are welcome ;) also there were other brides there who were having destiantion weddings and ALL of them had on simpler dresses than mine... had me thinking maybe my dress is a little more much for my beach wedding =*( i LOVE the dress but maybe i made a mistake ? i dont want to look like a fool !! so here are the pics . . . also after the ceremony the back of the dress will be bustled up i just didnt get a pic of it... please let me know if you think i went a lil overboard for a wedding on the beach... and which headpiece looks best.. thank you ;)

I honestly love the look of the dressier/more formal wedding gown for DWs; I think they make for a nice contrast and really make the bride 'pop' against the backdrop of the laction. This dress looks awesome on you and  I also vote for a traditional veil but would opt for a fingertip length instead.

#6502 happyfamily

happyfamily
    • 62 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by EmilyT 

hey everyone... so i finally went for my try on appointment ( still needs to be fitted ) and it was the first time i saw my dress in all ivory and i loved it ;) i tried it on in champagne ivory and made the switch to all ivory without ever seeing it so i was terrified. anyway i cannot decide between a birdcage veil and a long veil.... i decided the short veil is not for me so its one of these.... after the ceremony i am just going to put a flower/sparkly clip thing in my hair.. all opinions are welcome ;) also there were other brides there who were having destiantion weddings and ALL of them had on simpler dresses than mine... had me thinking maybe my dress is a little more much for my beach wedding =*( i LOVE the dress but maybe i made a mistake ? i dont want to look like a fool !! so here are the pics . . . also after the ceremony the back of the dress will be bustled up i just didnt get a pic of it... please let me know if you think i went a lil overboard for a wedding on the beach... and which headpiece looks best.. thank you ;)

Your dress is beautiful!  Perfect for the beach.  Although I love the long veil, the birdcage gives it a sophisticated look and no worries about your veil whipping you in the face should there be any breeze or wind.

#6503 Donna Hewitt

Donna Hewitt
      • 227 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:10 PM

Birdcage for sure!

#6504 lianne

lianne
        • 134 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:10 PM

alright ladies need some help here....cathedral veil with lace border or short simple veil?  Also, sash or no sash?  Thanks!!!  

#6505 RNtoBe

RNtoBe
          • 255 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:29 PM

I LOVE the sash- it really defines your waist without taking away from the rest of your dress and I like the simple veil!

#6506 alexisinjamaica

alexisinjamaica

• Moderators
            • 562 posts
            • Wedding Date:November 13, 2014
            • Wedding Location:Secrets St. James, Montego Bay
            • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by lianne 

alright ladies need some help here....cathedral veil with lace border or short simple veil?  Also, sash or no sash?  Thanks!!!  

I like the cathedral veil with lace. Very dramatic and pretty! And I'm usually pro-sash (I'll be wearing one) but I think your dress doesn't need one. Pretty enough without! You look fab-- congrats!

#6507 Peach

Peach
            • 1,293 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:04 PM

I agree with RNtoB

I like with the sash, and with the shorter, simpler veil (though both are stunning!)

#6508 Amers

Amers
              • 46 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:31 PM

I really like the sash and simple veil :)

#6509 Donna Hewitt

Donna Hewitt
                • 227 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:39 PM

Sash and simple veil ALL THE WAY! Love it! You look beauty!!

#6510 AllieH

AllieH
                  • Resort/Area Ambassadors
                  • 2,014 posts
                  • Wedding Date:November 5, 2012
                  • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale, Riviera Maya MX
                  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by Donna Hewitt 

Sash and simple veil ALL THE WAY! Love it! You look beauty!!

I agree!! the fancier veil yells "LOOK AT THE VEIL!". the simpler veil, with the sash yells "OMG LOOK AT THIS BEAUTIFUL BRIDE". 

Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

El Dorado Royale Brides Thread <---come chat with other EDR brides

AllieH's EDR 11-5-2012 Planning Thread <--because it was so awesome

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users