Photo

Show us your wedding dress!

• Please log in to reply
8281 replies to this topic

#6481 jsullivan86

jsullivan86
  • 22 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:17 AM

I'm thinking about selling my wedding dress is anyone is interested please message me or send an email to jessicasullivan86@gmail.com

It's a Val Stefani D7994- I paid $1850.00 for the dress and then had them customize it by dipping down the back of the dress. Final cost for the dress was $2225.00. I am willing to sell it for a lot less than what I paid. I ordered a size 8 but had it taken in quite a bit. I would say it would be best for a size 6 or smaller. I am 5'9 and did not wear tall shoes with my dress :) 

#6482 BrydeToBe

BrydeToBe
    • 11 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by Tlseege 

I'm pretty sure it's Kenneth Winston Private Label by G. 

http://www.bestbrida...33-p-85416.html

http://www.weddingsh...by-G-1433/37032

http://www.beautiful...edding-dresses/

Thank you so much!!  I was expected a much higher price for this dress and it's so much cheaper than I imagined!  Thank you for your help!!

#6483 worstbride

worstbride
      • 92 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 02:56 PM

Here is mine... this is also my first post... Getting married at Gran Bahia Principe Akumal

#6484 ElleGee

ElleGee
        • 255 posts
        • Wedding Date:October 28, 2012
        • Wedding Location:Secrets Maroma Beach Resort
        • LocationHouston, Texas

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:35 AM

- Elle Gee

(Laura)

Visit my online boutique: www.candiwithellegee.com

#6485 agm04

agm04
        • 548 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by LolaTX 

You look so gorgeous!

#6486 EmilyT

EmilyT
          • 278 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:46 AM

hey everyone... so i finally went for my try on appointment ( still needs to be fitted ) and it was the first time i saw my dress in all ivory and i loved it ;) i tried it on in champagne ivory and made the switch to all ivory without ever seeing it so i was terrified. anyway i cannot decide between a birdcage veil and a long veil.... i decided the short veil is not for me so its one of these.... after the ceremony i am just going to put a flower/sparkly clip thing in my hair.. all opinions are welcome ;) also there were other brides there who were having destiantion weddings and ALL of them had on simpler dresses than mine... had me thinking maybe my dress is a little more much for my beach wedding =*( i LOVE the dress but maybe i made a mistake ? i dont want to look like a fool !! so here are the pics . . . also after the ceremony the back of the dress will be bustled up i just didnt get a pic of it... please let me know if you think i went a lil overboard for a wedding on the beach... and which headpiece looks best.. thank you ;)

#6487 agm04

agm04
            • 548 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:12 AM

I think it's beautiful - you look very pretty and happy!  I wouldn't worry about it being "too much" for the beach...wear what you love!

#6488 Peach

Peach
              • 1,293 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:07 AM

Wear what makes YOU happy!

It's funny... mine is very simple and beachy, and I briefly worried if it was "not enough". Hahahahaha! So I think everyone has that twinge of second-thought.

As for the veil, both look stunning. The long is dramatic and will make for some awesome blowing-in-the-breeze pictures. The birdcage is sweet and low-maintenance and yet dramatic as well. Personally, I like the birdcage, but maybe that is just because I like that style? I do not think I would like to keep track of a longer veil if it gets too windy on the beach. But then again, when else will you get a wear an honest-to-goodness veil? Keep looking at the pictures... and again, choose what YOU love! :)

Originally Posted by EmilyT 

hey everyone... so i finally went for my try on appointment ( still needs to be fitted ) and it was the first time i saw my dress in all ivory and i loved it ;) i tried it on in champagne ivory and made the switch to all ivory without ever seeing it so i was terrified. anyway i cannot decide between a birdcage veil and a long veil.... i decided the short veil is not for me so its one of these.... after the ceremony i am just going to put a flower/sparkly clip thing in my hair.. all opinions are welcome ;) also there were other brides there who were having destiantion weddings and ALL of them had on simpler dresses than mine... had me thinking maybe my dress is a little more much for my beach wedding =*( i LOVE the dress but maybe i made a mistake ? i dont want to look like a fool !! so here are the pics . . . also after the ceremony the back of the dress will be bustled up i just didnt get a pic of it... please let me know if you think i went a lil overboard for a wedding on the beach... and which headpiece looks best.. thank you ;)

#6489 oblaka9

oblaka9
                • 10 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:35 AM

I say go for the birdcage. Your dress has a lot going on at the bottom and I think the long veil actually gets lost in all the detail. A bird cage really pops against the simplicity of the top of your dress, and brings the eye up to your face too. :)

I've actually seen TONS of brides with "complicated" dresses on this site. And not a single one of them looked out of place, they only looked beautiful, radiant, and confident. I will be getting married in a dress that I never thought I'd wear myself. I envisioned a simple, flow-ey, light dress. But when I tried on my puffy A-line gown I fell in love, and I have not regretted my decision a single time! Wear what makes you feel good and nobody will think twice about the bride looking "out of place"!

#6490 EVKnowsitall

EVKnowsitall
                  • 593 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by worstbride 

Here is mine... this is also my first post... Getting married at Gran Bahia Principe Akumal

Your dress is gorgeous. This pic looks like a professional one haha with the perfect bridal salon. I love how you went with a full dress even though you are having a destination wedding. Part of me regrets that I didn't and I listened to everyone saying I needed a lighter dress- although I have a lot of beadwork on mine and it actually weighs a lot LOL. I think big dresses look amazing on the beach. Your dress is a happy marriage of a mermaid style and a fuller dress- since the bottom comes out so nicely. It will look awesome in your pics. 

Happily married to the love of my life- since July 5, 2013

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users